GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011

+23
stempniaksen
22_4_ever
TheAvatar
SensGirl11
ddt
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
garblar
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
The Silfer Server
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Hoags
sandysensfan
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
Riprock
Ev
spader
SensHulk
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 41 ... 61  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 61]

301All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 21 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue May 10, 2011 3:56 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

It's not split up if you use the quick reply box. And you can always do the quoting manually (well, for text, for other stuff it's not so straightforward).

302All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 21 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue May 10, 2011 3:57 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:It's not split up if you use the quick reply box. And you can always do the quoting manually (well, for text, for other stuff it's not so straightforward).

Fair enough. Go Wings! Cheering

303All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 21 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue May 10, 2011 7:02 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:1 game tonight...

Sharks @ Red Wings - 8:00pm ET - Sharks lead the series 3-2 [Game is on CBC]

Can Detroit force a Game 7?

Go Wings!

Nice touch.

304All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 21 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue May 10, 2011 7:47 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Did anyone post this?

305All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 21 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue May 10, 2011 9:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Did anyone post this?

Is that really what he looks like now? JR looks like he's been hitting the bottle a bit.

306All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 21 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue May 10, 2011 9:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wings are slowing down. They only *doubled* the Sharks in shots on goal in the second after tripling their output in the 1st.

307All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 21 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue May 10, 2011 11:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, my. Wings win 3-1 to force a game 7. Will we have a second 0-3 come back in consecutive years?

308All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 21 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue May 10, 2011 11:52 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Oh, my. Wings win 3-1 to force a game 7. Will we have a second 0-3 come back in consecutive years?

I'm excited for game 7. Detroit rolls into the game with some momentum. FingersCrossed

309All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 21 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue May 10, 2011 11:59 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Momentum means nothing. Sharks still take this series.

310All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 21 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 11, 2011 12:14 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Momentum means nothing. Sharks still take this series.
Ha. We'll see, I guess. I call Detroit 3-2.

311All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 21 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 11, 2011 12:58 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have to say, the wings might take this. Sharks choke again. I hope so anyways as it will be interesting to see what Doug Wilson will have to do to the roster this summer.

312All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 21 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 11, 2011 7:12 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

"Momentum" translates to confidence, and confidence means pretty much everything. Detroit looks pretty confident now. Should be a great game 7.

313All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 21 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 11, 2011 7:15 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You're right that momentum is rather tenuous in a game 7, especially when the team without it is at home. I don't have the stats, but given that only three NHL teams have ever completed an 0-3 comeback I'd guess the numbers probably still favor the team that built up the lead in the first place, especially at home.

That said, karma can be a you-know-what, and Thornton offended the hockey gods with that awful, awful dive. Heatley's "compete level" has gone to "compost level". Marleau was called out by a former team mate as being gutless and his response in game 6 was pretty close to proving it. They were completely outplayed 5-on-5 last night. It should have been over a lot sooner than the 3rd period. They were outshot 3-to-1 in he 1st, for crying out loud, and it wasn't so much "weathering the storm" as the Wings outshot them 2-to-1 in the 2nd. That breakaway by Cleary after killing the Datsyuk penalty (very weak call IMO) could have been a heart-breaker either way. The main reason for the breakaway was Thornton's Kleenex-play along the boards at the tail-end of the powerplay (Kleenex=tissue-paper-soft). And then after surviving that scare they score first but still manage to lose?

I still think the odds are with the Sharks, but the Wings certainly won game 6 in much more convincing fashion than game 5 (they were outplayed in game 5 but still managed to win). Maybe they are on the up-swing, momentum wise. In-game emotion/momentum swings will spell the outcome. If the Wings try to throw everything at the Sharks in the 1st then all San Jose has to do is try to weather the storm. Niemi is up to the task, and with the home crowd behind them, even a 1-goal disadvantage would be small potatoes. But if the Wings come out and play a boring road game, they could take the crowd out of it. Get the Sharks frustrated, draw some penalties then strike fast when opportunities present themselves. Then, again, safe = death, so what do I know. I'll have to shuffle some recordings around to PVR this one.

314All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 21 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 11, 2011 7:24 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GO WINGS!!!!

315All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 21 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 11, 2011 7:25 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No games tonight...

Sad

316All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 21 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 11, 2011 7:41 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:No games tonight...

Sad

Thank god. It'll give me a chance to catch up on life.

317All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 21 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 11, 2011 10:28 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh we'll see about that.

318All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 21 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 11, 2011 10:31 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

sounds familiar from u....weren't the pens supposed to take the lightning too? and that tampa was only delaying their inevitable demise at the hands of pittsburgh? yeaaaaaaaaaaahhh Uck

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 61]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 41 ... 61  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum