GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0)

+25
rooneypoo
Number Twenty Nine
SensGirl11
stempniaksen
Cap'n Clutch
strachattack
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
ddt
tim1_2
dennycrane
TheAvatar
jawal
NEELY
sandysensfan
Riprock
SensHulk
Flo The Action
SDH89
Hoags
spader
shabbs
wprager
LeCaptain
Ev
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36 ... 69  Next

Who does Bryan Murray hire to be the next head coach?

Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 3 Vote_lcap212%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 3 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 3 Vote_lcap238%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 10 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 3 Vote_lcap215%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 4 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 3 Vote_lcap24%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 3 Vote_lcap24%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 3 Vote_lcap212%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 3 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 3 Vote_lcap27%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 26

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 69]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:DeBoer is 100% the guy I would choose. Just because he has faile din Florida (like every other coach before him, good and bad) doesn't mean he would fail here.

What's so good about DeBoer? EDIT: That's not a negative question, I just don't know a lot about the guy so I'm curious.

If Ruff actually leaves then he > DeBoer by a ton

Last edited by Big Ev on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

jawal

Rookie
Rookie

Ruff would be my first choice but it's hard to believethat the new owner would let Lindy leave. Deboer may be a good choice but I doubt that Murray and melnyk will forget the past.

If they go with a coach with NHL experience then I expect Hartley(even though he is not my favourite).

If they go with coach with no NHL experience then I expect Kevin Dineen.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

jawal wrote:Ruff would be my first choice but it's hard to believethat the new owner would let Lindy leave. Deboer may be a good choice but I doubt that Murray and melnyk will forget the past.

If they go with a coach with NHL experience then I expect Hartley(even though he is not my favourite).

Who's that? Can you give some info?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
jawal wrote:Ruff would be my first choice but it's hard to believethat the new owner would let Lindy leave. Deboer may be a good choice but I doubt that Murray and melnyk will forget the past.

Head coach of the Portland Pirates, Sabres farm team. Perennial playoff team. He's also the ex-Hartford Whalers star.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Kirk Muller + Dave Cameron = Kirk Cameron?

Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 3 About_kirk

Ahem! That's like so 12hours ago.

http://www.gmhockey.com/t5293p40-predict-the-sens-next-coach#234615

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:

Head coach of the Portland Pirates, Sabres farm team. Perennial playoff team. He's also the ex-Hartford Whalers star.
Sounds like a contender! Thanks, Ev. TipHat

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:I'm really really really hoping Ruff moves on from Buffalo.
Dare to dream... at the beginning of the season, I was thinking he'd get canned... but he turned it around. Maybe he'll want to move on...

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

yeah I am sure Lindy Ruff would love to work with Bryan Murray Sarcasm

It would go something like this:

Not a chance.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:yeah I am sure Lindy Ruff would love to work with Bryan Murray Sarcasm

It would go something like this:

Not a chance.
HA HA! I bet they had beers together after that game...

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:DeBoer was just fired.

At least a franchise like Florida that doesn't know Dung about the game waited a day before firing him. and don't try to defend murray with the 'he wanted his fate known asap'. He could have waited till today to announce it.

Seriously? Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 3 489887

Florida played until 10pm last night so there's barely a difference. THis is seriously splitting hairs.

Right cuz getting right off the plane and announcing to the hockey world that you've relieved someone of their duty is splitting hairs with what florida did. It was Cussing stupid of Murray.

Look back at Hartsburg. Hartsy got the same treatment where right after returning from a game in washington, murray informed hartsburg of his dismissal. But the sens didn't announce the firing until the next day. I think there's gotta be some a respect factor shown to your coach. This just wreaks of 'we couldn't wait to get rid of you' and adds more fuel to the whole 'murray tried to fire clouston mid-season'. Just not the way to do business, sorry.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:

Why can't you use that as a defense Michallica? If Clouston says to Bryan "Tell me now if I am coming back or not" then tell him! No point waiting for the inevitable I gues..

See my post above, but my beef is more in making the news so public. There's gotta be a little gap.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, Lemaire will announce his status after the Devils game today...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/04/10/lemaire_return/

That will determine the status of Muller...

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Clouston ignored Murray's advice in the offseason, and BM probably saw how this season was going to go once CC decided to stubbornly keep doing things his way.

Can't really blame him for wanting to fire him, if this rumour is even true.

If you don't listen to your boss in any job you're not going to last long, and don't expect favors on your way out.

I'm not saying this makes it right but I am not surprised how it ended up.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Clouston ignored Murray's advice in the offseason, and BM probably saw how this season was going to go once CC decided to stubbornly keep doing things his way.

Can't really blame him for wanting to fire him, if this rumour is even true.

If you don't listen to your boss in any job you're not going to last long, and don't expect favors on your way out.

I'm not saying this makes it right but I am not surprised how it ended up.

Me neither, but I am surprised that Murray gets to make yet another decision on coach when the last three haven't worked out at all. Paddock? Fail. Hartsburg? Huge Fail. Clouston actually ends up being our longest coach in the post-lockout era, which really isn't saying much. And if Clouston had to go, then that should be a huge knock against Murray, who's sitting pretty with a contract extension. Doesn't make sense.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:[

Me neither, but I am surprised that Murray gets to make yet another decision on coach when the last three haven't worked out at all. Paddock? Fail. Hartsburg? Huge Fail. Clouston actually ends up being our longest coach in the post-lockout era, which really isn't saying much. And if Clouston had to go, then that should be a huge knock against Murray, who's sitting pretty with a contract extension. Doesn't make sense.

Considering how long most NHL coaches last at their job I don't think there's a science to hiring them, they win or they don't. There's usually only a handful of good ones available every year as well.

Lamoriello went through something like 5 coaches in 8 years before Lemaire won the cup in NJ.

If we were to have a new GM in place now, he'd be looking at the same coaches BM is looking at, and quite possibly make the same hiring decision.

I don't think BM deserves as much blame for the coach hirings, especially that we had some lazy coach killers on the roster.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
Michallica wrote:[

Considering how long most NHL coaches last at their job I don't think there's a science to hiring them, they win or they don't. There's usually only a handful of good ones available every year as well.

Lamoriello went through something like 5 coaches in 8 years before Lemaire won the cup in NJ.

If we were to have a new GM in place now, he'd be looking at the same coaches BM is looking at, and quite possibly make the same hiring decision.

I don't think BM deserves as much blame for the coach hirings, especially that we had some lazy coach killers on the roster.

Then surely he deserves blame for employing the lazy coach killers, no? anyways it is what it is, I just hope Murray can get it right for once. Little sick of the coaching carousel.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We certainly didn't think he got it wrong when he hired Clouston, and last year either. What changed to make Clouston bad enough to get fired hours after the horn?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:We certainly didn't think he got it wrong when he hired Clouston, and last year either. What changed to make Clouston bad enough to get fired hours after the horn?

Making Philips and Gonchar look like AHL-ers?
Don't kid yourself, Murray talked to the players all year, he knows how they feel and if your coach is not a good enough communicator, you know you can't fire the players...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 69]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36 ... 69  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum