GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hartsburg speaks

+6
Cronie
jamvan
Sens4thecup
smash88
beerandsens
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Hartsburg speaks - Page 2 Empty Re: Hartsburg speaks Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:39 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Exactly, and that's why I hope they don't rush him back only to re-injure himself. I want him back 110% and rarin' to go.

17Hartsburg speaks - Page 2 Empty Re: Hartsburg speaks Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:40 pm

bluewhiteandgolf

Prospect
Prospect

504Heater wrote:
bluewhiteandgolf wrote:I know he's been bashed a lot on here, but imagine if Fish comes back healthy, this system is designed for a player like him...

Yes indeed! I can't believe we played the way we did without one of our grittiest, toughest, coolest players on the roster.

Why does Fish get bashed here? 4.2 for a third line center kind of thing, I guess. But we can all see what Hartsburg is doing, so to echo what you said, he'll fit into this system like a glove.

I think a line with Fish/Vermette/Winchester would surprise a lot of people. Get Vermette to take the face-offs and the switch to wing. Fishers got the cannon, Vermette hands with Winchester who just seems to get better. Then toss out Foligno/Kelly/Ruutu and Shub/Bass(McCammond)/Neil look out!(especially you Redden)

18Hartsburg speaks - Page 2 Empty Re: Hartsburg speaks Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
bluewhiteandgolf wrote:I know he's been bashed a lot on here, but imagine if Fish comes back healthy, this system is designed for a player like him...

Yes indeed! I can't believe we played the way we did without one of our grittiest, toughest, coolest players on the roster.

Why does Fish get bashed here? 4.2 for a third line center kind of thing, I guess. But we can all see what Hartsburg is doing, so to echo what you said, he'll fit into this system like a glove.

I believes its the 4.2 for a player who was injury prone. With every passing game he doesnt play there is a cheap player like Bass who could play in his spot and gain experience. So why not move that salary if you aren't getting full value and get yourself a stud D-man this year or a bonafide #1 goalie. Now if he stay realively injury free this year then I can understand keeping him but if not it may be time to move on. I really do think this year is a big year for him.

19Hartsburg speaks - Page 2 Empty Re: Hartsburg speaks Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

bluewhiteandgolf wrote:
I think a line with Fish/Vermette/Winchester would surprise a lot of people. Get Vermette to take the face-offs and the switch to wing. Fishers got the cannon, Vermette hands with Winchester who just seems to get better. Then toss out Foligno/Kelly/Ruutu and Shub/Bass(McCammond)/Neil look out!(especially you Redden)

100% agreed. I've been on this bandwagon for a while, Vermette - Fisher - Winchester - and Vermette takes the draws.

20Hartsburg speaks - Page 2 Empty Re: Hartsburg speaks Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:53 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here we go!
Heater and I and a few others, formerly from HB, have been harping on this for at least 2 seasons now!! Fisher NEEDS to be a wingman, period. I don't want to hear his excuse that he's not comfortable, GET OVER IT! I can think of at least 4.2 million reasons for you to get over it and just do it!

Seriously though, he would be fantastic as a wingman on a line of Vermette and Winchester. Surely this has crossed Hartsburg's mind...?

21Hartsburg speaks - Page 2 Empty Re: Hartsburg speaks Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:58 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Is Fish injured "often" because of his style of play or is there something missing from his training regimen/preparation etc...?

22Hartsburg speaks - Page 2 Empty Re: Hartsburg speaks Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:Here we go!
Heater and I and a few others, formerly from HB, have been harping on this for at least 2 seasons now!! Fisher NEEDS to be a wingman, period. I don't want to hear his excuse that he's not comfortable, GET OVER IT! I can think of at least 4.2 million reasons for you to get over it and just do it!

Seriously though, he would be fantastic as a wingman on a line of Vermette and Winchester. Surely this has crossed Hartsburg's mind...?

Can't Hartsburg just put Vermette on the wing and let Fisher stay at center?

The one place I want Fisher to play wing is on the top line. Wow, that would be fun!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum