GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Future of....Bryan Murray & Cory Clouston

+16
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
asq2
Tuk Tuk
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
ddt
dennycrane
jawal
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Ev
NEELY
SensHulk
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:I just want a coach who is personable like Dan Bylsma, a guy who lets the players have fun and creates a fantastic team culture. It didn't seem like Ottawa players had a tun of fun, even when they were winning last year. Kirk Muller seems like this type of guy. Maybe Dave Cameron too.

You're talking about the Bingo coach to a T.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:I just want a coach who is personable like Dan Bylsma, a guy who lets the players have fun and creates a fantastic team culture. It didn't seem like Ottawa players had a tun of fun, even when they were winning last year. Kirk Muller seems like this type of guy. Maybe Dave Cameron too.

Camerson strikes me as a hard Donkey. I like the Muller and Mac T suggestions, tho'.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yeah, I would be all over Muller if it was my choice to be sure.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

muller eh? mmmhh... not sure. where have you guys heard that he's the type of guy that brings in a good atmosphere to the room?
sure he's survived a number of changes in montreal but i've not heard from any montreal media that he's that type of coaches. funny enough he flys under the radar maybe to much over there.

i agree that a Martin styled coach would of be what we need here. just as a builder. don't know much about Cameron but i'm all ears.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

Camerson strikes me as a hard Donkey. I like the Muller and Mac T suggestions, tho'.

I think if you can look past the epic collapse of the Canadians at the WJC - and I pin some of that on Cameron as well as the players, but if you can get past that, he's probably the logical choice.

EDIT: Logical is the wrong word, he's one of the top candidates - because I like Muller and I like Mac T actually.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I hadn't thought of MacT as an option, but he makes sense for sure. I agree with those who hope that MacT, Muller, and Cameron are top candidates.

As with the draft, I'm glad I'm not the one making the choice. I think any of those three would do a great job.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

as for the future of BM in ottawa, well if they brought in Tim i would not be surprised. i'd be surprised if BM was cut loose from the team entirely. he'll either be president, assistant GM or consultant if he's removed from the GM chair.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

MacT sounds like a guy that wears out his welcome.

Edmonton cut him loose after all those years, and didn't even retain him elsewhere in the organization. I figured they would for an ex Oiler.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:as for the future of BM in ottawa, well if they brought in Tim i would not be surprised. i'd be surprised if BM was cut loose from the team entirely. he'll either be president, assistant GM or consultant if he's removed from the GM chair.

I don't see them dumping Cyril so I'd be surprised if BM took that post. Personally the ideal for me would be if BM became some sort of advisor regarding drafting and scouting.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I think the correct changes have been made already. No need to can Murray or Clouston at this point.

Still really hard to say though, but you might be right. From a personal perspective, I really loved what Clouston did and he probably deserves another chance, but he got really badly outcoached in the Pens series, then throughout most of this year. Is that because of Fisher, Kovalev etc, or did he take a big step back? Also, does he have the personaility to coddle some of the young kids if they have issues, like KK in Bingo?

Ottawa took the high-powered Penguins to 6 games, didn't they?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I think the correct changes have been made already. No need to can Murray or Clouston at this point.

Still really hard to say though, but you might be right. From a personal perspective, I really loved what Clouston did and he probably deserves another chance, but he got really badly outcoached in the Pens series, then throughout most of this year. Is that because of Fisher, Kovalev etc, or did he take a big step back? Also, does he have the personaility to coddle some of the young kids if they have issues, like KK in Bingo?

Ottawa took the high-powered Penguins to 6 games, didn't they?

And that was without playoff performer Kovalev. Smile

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:

Nobody's talking about canning them. So much fluff.

No fluffier than calling a legitimate post fluff. I see what you mean about not firing either since that won't happen. What I obviously meant is that they should be re-hired next year.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Nobody's talking about canning them. So much fluff.

No fluffier than calling a legitimate post fluff. I see what you mean about not firing either since that won't happen. What I obviously meant is that they should be re-hired next year.

You honestly think Clouston shoud be re-hired? Why?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Some have said you need (or at least they want) a coach who can instill a playful atmosphere to make it more fun. I'm not going to argue against that, but I think with a team full of youngsters you definitely need a clear and defined set of rules and consequences, and someone not afraid of enforcing those. Does it make sense to have a head coach that is one and an assistant that is the other? The ol' good cop/bad cop routine?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Some have said you need (or at least they want) a coach who can instill a playful atmosphere to make it more fun. I'm not going to argue against that, but I think with a team full of youngsters you definitely need a clear and defined set of rules and consequences, and someone not afraid of enforcing those. Does it make sense to have a head coach that is one and an assistant that is the other? The ol' good cop/bad cop routine?

Sounds like you're talking about Andy Murray.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They need a teacher, they need a guy who can comunicate with younger players, teach the game, but also hold them accountable. I said earlier Martin would be the perfect coach for The Sens if he was available but a guy like Muller is probably the right way to go. Cunneyworth is another guy they should look at.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'll throw Steve Ludzik into the mix hahahahahaha

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think Muller would be a GREAT choice. I loved the guy as a player, and by all accounts, he is doing a good job in Montreal. He would garner instant respect from all the young players and vets alike.

Cunneyworth would be a reasonable option as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum