GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Confirmed 3rd Jersey

+16
Flo The Action
shabbs
PTFlea
SensGirl11
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
Riprock
SDH89
The Silfer Server
spader
NEELY
Amnesia021
Cap'n Clutch
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

76Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 6 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:11 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
This goes hand in hand with the mentality that sees Ottawa fans hide their public support for the team until they get into the 3rd round of the playoffs.

The only way that the "heat" will ever dissipate is if the team moves to the GTA. Let's bury our heritage because we're too timid to endure jabs from a bunch of imbeciles at TSN? Please.

Let's just put a giant douche on the front and be done with it, then.

Yeah. Because that's even remotely the same as an "O". Laugh1

Ah yes. Because no one's likely to misread an O for a 0. I forgot.

77Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 6 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:26 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
This goes hand in hand with the mentality that sees Ottawa fans hide their public support for the team until they get into the 3rd round of the playoffs.

The only way that the "heat" will ever dissipate is if the team moves to the GTA. Let's bury our heritage because we're too timid to endure jabs from a bunch of imbeciles at TSN? Please.

Let's just put a giant douche on the front and be done with it, then.

Yeah. Because that's even remotely the same as an "O". Laugh1

Ah yes. Because no one's likely to misread an O for a 0. I forgot.

Happy to remind you! Dancing

78Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 6 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:39 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I have the solution:

Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 6 Heritageguesstimate

79Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 6 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:I have the solution:

Yeah but some mean Leaf fan or TSN windbag might say "It IS a zero!!!"

Ohnoes!

80Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 6 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:01 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:I have the solution:

Yeah but some mean Leaf fan or TSN windbag might say "It IS a zero!!!"

Ohnoes!

This decision is about on part with all the Sens' organization's other marketing ideas, including a big, happy (not that there's anything wrong with that), naked Spartan rambling incoherently. Laugh1

Two thumbs up!

81Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 6 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:04 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Because finally doing something that 90% of the fans want is exactly like the big happy spartan in every way...

82Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 6 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:
Dash wrote:So there's going to be two more crests apparently according to the icethetics blog : the 20th Anniversary patch and the 2012 ASG patch.

Hopefully not overkill.

As long as there's no "SKODA" I'm OK with it Smile

83Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 6 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:09 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Also, that jersey looks okay but the crest really bothers me for some reason. Hopefully it's just the "heritage crest" and will be gone next season.

84Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 6 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:15 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:Because finally doing something that 90% of the fans want is exactly like the big happy spartan in every way...

This is a marketing / design team that has basically Cussed up everything that they possible could have in the last decade or so. Our marketing people for this organization are just awful, from a happy Spartan to SNES to this. Ask anyone who works PR / design, they'll tell you the same thing.

I have two friends who just started a company, one who has a PR background and another who designs all kinds of things (websites, etc.) for a living. The latter -- who is an occasional hockey fan, and a Sens fan -- in particular routinely laughs at Sens designs, including the Spartan head on the jersey.

What the Sens have right now is a group of people in marketing / PR who either don't get it or don't have the skill to translate it. It's nothing short of a disgrace.

85Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 6 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:32 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SDH89 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:If the jersey is anything like this guy's concept on HFBoards, I'll buy it:

Damn, that's sick. If it's anything like this, I'll buy it right away. Trying to decide which player to get though.

I'm still a little gunshy with buying jersey's. I spent around $200+ on a Heatley jersey and then 3 months later he was gone Facepalm

Really? Can you buy a Kuba jersey?

86Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 6 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:02 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
SDH89 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:If the jersey is anything like this guy's concept on HFBoards, I'll buy it:

Damn, that's sick. If it's anything like this, I'll buy it right away. Trying to decide which player to get though.

I'm still a little gunshy with buying jersey's. I spent around $200+ on a Heatley jersey and then 3 months later he was gone Facepalm

HA HA! Yes... please!

87Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 6 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:19 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

#19 has the ''C'' there, is that another endorsement? Sarcasm

88Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 6 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:28 am

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:
SDH89 wrote:

This just might work....

89Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 6 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:46 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:Because finally doing something that 90% of the fans want is exactly like the big happy spartan in every way...

This is a marketing / design team that has basically Cussed up everything that they possible could have in the last decade or so. Our marketing people for this organization are just awful, from a happy Spartan to SNES to this. Ask anyone who works PR / design, they'll tell you the same thing.

I have two friends who just started a company, one who has a PR background and another who designs all kinds of things (websites, etc.) for a living. The latter -- who is an occasional hockey fan, and a Sens fan -- in particular routinely laughs at Sens designs, including the Spartan head on the jersey.

What the Sens have right now is a group of people in marketing / PR who either don't get it or don't have the skill to translate it. It's nothing short of a disgrace.

I won't argue with any of that because it's bang on. I can't see how going with an "O" Heritage jersey is a bad idea though when 90% of the fanbase has been salivating over the idea of something that goes back to the history of the team. I don't think they'll get it right, but it has nothing to do with the "O" logo and everything to do with some crazy add-on they will put on the jersey to screw it up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum