GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Confirmed 3rd Jersey

+16
Flo The Action
shabbs
PTFlea
SensGirl11
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
Riprock
SDH89
The Silfer Server
spader
NEELY
Amnesia021
Cap'n Clutch
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

61Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:05 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:Don't be giving The Gene any ideas. He'll plaster the Ottawa sweaters with Bert's Bar ads just to jam the knife into poor Marshy even more.
Here we go....

62Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:25 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:How about we put ads on our jerseys like this:

Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 David_Rundblad_skjuter-8397

Don't be giving The Gene any ideas. He'll plaster the Ottawa sweaters with Bert's Bar ads just to jam the knife into poor Marshy even more.

LOL did you ever go to Marhsy's? It sucked.

63Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:55 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I think SSF is Marshy...

Wink

64Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:39 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:I love the "O", why are people so worried it's going to look like a zero? People that insecure when people make fun of something? If The Sens do it right the new jersey's could be fantastic.

I'm not worried that it might look like a zero. I'm worried that it will be read as a zero.

For a franchise that has been struggling for respectability, and that is the perennial butt end of most commentators on TSN and Sportsnet, it's a bad choice. Especially coming hot on the heels of a bottom 3 or 4 finish.

I get the history thing, but I guarantee this team will take heat, from fans from other teams and from commentators, if they hit the ice wearing that symbol. Guarantee it. It invites the joke. I don't know why you'd play into everybody's hands like this.

Put it on the shoulders, honour the past. But don't put it front and centre.

65Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:42 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:I love the "O", why are people so worried it's going to look like a zero? People that insecure when people make fun of something? If The Sens do it right the new jersey's could be fantastic.

I'm not worried that it might look like a zero. I'm worried that it will be read as a zero.

For a franchise that has been struggling for respectability, and that is the perennial butt end of most commentators on TSN and Sportsnet, it's a bad choice. Especially coming hot on the heels of a bottom 3 or 4 finish.

I get the history thing, but I guarantee this team will take heat, from fans from other teams and from commentators, if they hit the ice wearing that symbol. Guarantee it. It invites the joke. I don't know why you'd play into everybody's hands like this.

Nobody's gonna think that. I have read countless hate comments towards the Senators, and nobody mentions the "O". It's just a letter.

66Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:46 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:

This goes hand in hand with the mentality that sees Ottawa fans hide their public support for the team until they get into the 3rd round of the playoffs.

The only way that the "heat" will ever dissipate is if the team moves to the GTA. Let's bury our heritage because we're too timid to endure jabs from a bunch of imbeciles at TSN? Please.

67Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:51 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:

That's like saying The Maple Leafs should get blasted for a spelling error. I think everyone knows exactly what it is and in all honestly, it's a lot less happy than the galdiator... The Sens have gone out of their wat to prove it is indeed a homo erotic with that little pre game stunt they pulled in the playoffs 3 years ago... that was something to be embarased about.

Either way, the "O" not "0" (see the diff, haha) is going to look great assuming the struture of the uniform is well done.

68Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:44 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:If the jersey is anything like this guy's concept on HFBoards, I'll buy it:

Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 Heritageguesstimate

Damn, that's sick. If it's anything like this, I'll buy it right away. Trying to decide which player to get though.

I'm still a little gunshy with buying jersey's. I spent around $200+ on a Heatley jersey and then 3 months later he was gone Facepalm

69Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:49 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I got my wife a Spezza #39 jersey (damn you Hasek), and I got myself a Volchenkov jersey.

70Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:53 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's why you get it blank, fellas.

71Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:59 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:That's why you get it blank, fellas.
Or put something awesome on it... like "Apollo 69".

Right Cap'n?

Wink

Hee hee.

72Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:23 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

This goes hand in hand with the mentality that sees Ottawa fans hide their public support for the team until they get into the 3rd round of the playoffs.

The only way that the "heat" will ever dissipate is if the team moves to the GTA. Let's bury our heritage because we're too timid to endure jabs from a bunch of imbeciles at TSN? Please.

Let's just put a giant douche on the front and be done with it, then.

73Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yeah. Because that's even remotely the same as an "O". Laugh1

74Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I prefer a turd sandwich.

75Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:03 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

We should go with the "O" face from Office Space...

Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 O-face

76Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:11 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Ah yes. Because no one's likely to misread an O for a 0. I forgot.

77Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:26 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Ah yes. Because no one's likely to misread an O for a 0. I forgot.

Happy to remind you! Dancing

78Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 Empty Re: Confirmed 3rd Jersey Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:39 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I have the solution:

Confirmed 3rd Jersey - Page 5 Heritageguesstimate

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum