GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Kelly Traded to Boston for 2nd Round Draft Pick

+25
spader
SensFan71
ddt
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
wprager
stempniaksen
CockRoche
SensHulk
22_4_ever
The Silfer Server
Hoags
dennycrane
Flo The Action
jawal
Ev
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
SDH89
garblar
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
LeCaptain
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 17]

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

SDH89 wrote:Wow, what a stupid trade.

Not impressed at all.
How is it stupid ?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is just Cussed.

garblar

Rookie
Rookie

kelly is exactly who you want around while bringing up young guys. its not like he makes THAT much cash either

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

garblar wrote:kelly is 30. why couldnt he be here in 3 years? you cant have all 20 year olds
UFA after next season. Probably wouldn't be here anyway.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Yuck.

There's nothing redeemable about this. A 2nd for Kelly. Diddle.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

I was on board with trading Fisher because I thought Kelly was just as effective in that role, not too mention @ at very nice contract. For those who were saying this isn't a major rebuild are wrong, this looks to be the beginning of a complete teardown.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:Yuck.

What would you expect the return to be. He's not worth a 1st.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

There's only one explanation for me: The scouting staff are predicting a few gems in the draft.
I guess Melnyk was not kidding when he said they were going to do what it takes.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:

I expect you don't trade a guy like Kelly for anything less than a big-time overpay.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:

He didn't want him traded period.

Neither did I unless it was something like an actual good-looking prospect.

Full rebuild is on I guess.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I think you can forget about Landeskog. COuturier/RNH is basically a must now.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Fisher I understood. $4.2 mil, not really clear if he was a top 2 centre. A playoff performer more than a regular season guy. A tough move, but one that had to be made. Plus, a 1st makes it worthwhile.

Kelly, I don't get. This guy is a leader, steady as they come, plays all roles, affordable, loyal. A 2nd is not enough for those things. If that all the offers are, just keep him.

garblar

garblar
Rookie
Rookie

couldnt agree more

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:I think you can forget about Landeskog. COuturier/RNH is basically a must now.

But they'll only be ready in 4-6 years. Laugh1

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

I expect you don't trade a guy like Kelly for anything less than a big-time overpay.
So you keep him around for 1 more year so that he can play 3rd line centre in front of Smith or Winchester ?

I get that Chris Kelly was a good player, but he isn't worth more than a 2nd, he wasn't going to be around when the team is competitive again and he is a big part of the culture that EVERYONE has been clamouring to change.

This is going to be a complete rebuild and it's about time. I hope Kelly and Fisher excel with their new team's, but we will be better off in the long run blowing this thing right up.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I just really hope he doesn't take out a page in the paper for a thank you letter Ahhhhh!

Edit: supposed to be Laugh1

Last edited by Big Ev on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:Fisher I understood. $4.2 mil, not really clear if he was a top 2 centre. A playoff performer more than a regular season guy. A tough move, but one that had to be made. Plus, a 1st makes it worthwhile.

Kelly, I don't get. This guy is a leader, steady as they come, plays all roles, affordable, loyal. A 2nd is not enough for those things. If that all the offers are, just keep him.

My feelings exactly.

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:Fisher I understood. $4.2 mil, not really clear if he was a top 2 centre. A playoff performer more than a regular season guy. A tough move, but one that had to be made. Plus, a 1st makes it worthwhile.

I agree entirely with your post.

Kelly is a bonafide NHL player and our best PKer traded for a mid to late 2nd round pick which is a lottery ticket, some times you get NHLer with the pick sometimes you don't.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum