GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Kelly Traded to Boston for 2nd Round Draft Pick

+25
spader
SensFan71
ddt
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
wprager
stempniaksen
CockRoche
SensHulk
22_4_ever
The Silfer Server
Hoags
dennycrane
Flo The Action
jawal
Ev
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
SDH89
garblar
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
LeCaptain
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 17]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Philly’s cap situation is pretty sketchy next year too. That’s kind of a pointless statement in this argument, but I thought I’d throw that out there.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Philly’s cap situation is pretty sketchy next year too. That’s kind of a pointless statement in this argument, but I thought I’d throw that out there.

Not really pointless since we're talking about 3 years from now. I don't think those 4 centers are all on Philly 3 years from now personally. That's just talking about the Centers because as we all know that's all that matters.

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It's a good thing for you that teams don't play with 4 players and they don't freeze their lineups in time and do nothing else. It's also good that players develop over time. Loony

Seriously dude. You've clearly written off Regin. Good call there. Whaaa? You've also assumed that a contending team would not go out and improve that lineup. Karlsson will be in his 5th season by then, Rundblad and Cowen each in their 3rd so more experienced than the current version of Karlsson. We'll likely have far better goaltending, better coaching and better system.

Also I'm pretty sure teams play with Left wingers and Right Wingers as well.

A LOT will change by year three so lets not assume that it'll be a simple 4 on 4 game with no one else on the ice except Spezza, Regin, Winchester and Zack Smith vs. Richards, Carter, Briere and Giroux.

A lot can change in 3 years for sure, but we literally have nothing in the system that can be considered a top-six center (imo) in the pipeline and anyone we draft (minus RNH/Couturier) likely won't be that player or won't be ready to contribute on a big level in 3 years.

I know where you're coming from, but you're over-simplifying this methinks.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Add on top of the UFA vs. 1-year remaining when comparing Kelly and Cullen, Kelly is quite a few years younger.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:It's a good thing for you that teams don't play with 4 players and they don't freeze their lineups in time and do nothing else. It's also good that players develop over time. Loony

Seriously dude. You've clearly written off Regin. Good call there. Whaaa? You've also assumed that a contending team would not go out and improve that lineup. Karlsson will be in his 5th season by then, Rundblad and Cowen each in their 3rd so more experienced than the current version of Karlsson. We'll likely have far better goaltending, better coaching and better system.

Also I'm pretty sure teams play with Left wingers and Right Wingers as well.

A LOT will change by year three so lets not assume that it'll be a simple 4 on 4 game with no one else on the ice except Spezza, Regin, Winchester and Zack Smith vs. Richards, Carter, Briere and Giroux.

A lot can change in 3 years for sure, but we literally have nothing in the system that can be considered a top-six center (imo) in the pipeline and anyone we draft (minus RNH/Couturier) likely won't be that player or won't be ready to contribute on a big level in 3 years.

I know where you're coming from, but you're over-simplifying this methinks.

Marakh is the one over-simplifying.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum