GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Kelly Traded to Boston for 2nd Round Draft Pick

+25
spader
SensFan71
ddt
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
wprager
stempniaksen
CockRoche
SensHulk
22_4_ever
The Silfer Server
Hoags
dennycrane
Flo The Action
jawal
Ev
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
SDH89
garblar
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
LeCaptain
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 17]

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

If all the UFA's walk - I'm done with this team..... (as long as Murray is in charge)

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number Twenty Nine wrote:If all the UFA's walk - I'm done with this team..... (as long as Murray is in charge)

This doesn’t really make sense. Our UFAs are Kovalev, Ruutu, Shannon, Phillips, and Leclaire. The only one you MAY see next year is Phillips, but I have my doubts!

I have a feeling Murray is done.. the team is getting him to trade everyone and he'll be the face responsible for all this..

Kelly was one of the few I didn't want traded.. but I would assume they have a replacement for him... Winchester?

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:If all the UFA's walk - I'm done with this team..... (as long as Murray is in charge)

This doesn’t really make sense. Our UFAs are Kovalev, Ruutu, Shannon, Phillips, and Leclaire. The only one you MAY see next year is Phillips, but I have my doubts!

With Campoli and Gonchar going out of service last night, I think our hands are tied - Phillips has to stay and potentially walk at the end of the season....

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

the more i think about it the more i think this deal was the right decision.
i think after all is done, winchester is the guy they are keeping to take kelly's place. smith is also very capable. that does leave Regin as our number 2 center and you know what? that's fine by me. we'll have plenty of time from now till the end of the season to see if he's capable of handling that duty. if he is and does a good job then we might not have to look for a replacement there.

i seriously don't mind what's happening. it's giving a bunch of guys the chance to come up and shine. instead of prepping for the season all summer for the season to start it's puting our guys from bingo in there for the rest of the season and we get a good look at what we've got.
there may not be an amazing crop of FA this year but if we need to go shopping we'll have enough players to choose from if our young guys aren't cutting it.

i'm looking forward to more moves in the next couple of weeks from BM.
i'm sorry to see the guys go but what did we think? teams would be falling over themselves to grab guys our team don't want? Kuba? Lee? kovalev???
let's not kid ourselves. if we were sellers and are looking to actually rebuild, let's act like it.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
SDH89 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:CJ_Stevenson‎

Murray: "I'm not trying to trade everybody. This is not a housecleaning...we're retooling the budget, retooling the organization."

Coulda fooled me with this deal, in particular.

Chris Kelly Traded to Boston for 2nd Round Draft Pick - Page 9 270956

How is this not a housecleaning? Come on Bryan... Phillips, Neil, Kovalev, Ruutu will also be on the move soon as well, how does trading 3/4 of your roster not constitute as a housecleaning? Not that I mind, just saying....

6/20 is hardly 3/4. Just saying Chris Kelly Traded to Boston for 2nd Round Draft Pick - Page 9 270956

Yeah because that's ALL that will happen before the start of next season. Sarcasm

Fisher, Kelly, Neil, Kovalev, Ruutu, Shannon, Phillips, Kuba, Campoli, Gonchar, Lee, Leclaire - Granted some names on there are iffy and it's still exaggerating to say 3/4 but that's 60% right there.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder with all this trading for picks if there isn’t something in the works to pick up a good player or two by the deadline.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

there's plenty of time to move the rest of them.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

from the Boston NHL site Kelly quoted (about Boston):

"They’re a hard-working team that has a great goalie, and great forwards."

ZING

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

I wonder if the team isn't taking advantage of the All star game being here next year. Want all-star tickets, then you need to buy season tickets otherwise too bad.

THen they can ice a younger team that will lose like Edmonton but still sell tickets. I don't mind the younger team but they better make sure the guys playing are our future and not just fillers for a year or two.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

With Campoli and Gonchar going out of service last night, I think our hands are tied - Phillips has to stay and potentially walk at the end of the season....

I disagree. They can call up Weircioch and Hale. It's not like they're worried they'll lose games. Carkner was skating as a forward last practice so I'm sure he's close to a return as well.

Karlsson - Kuba
Weircioch - Carkner
Lee - Hale

That is one sad looking D but really who cares? Those two injuries mean nothing in terms of the likelyhood of Phillips being traded IMO.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DirtyDave wrote:I have a feeling Murray is done.. the team is getting him to trade everyone and he'll be the face responsible for all this..

Kelly was one of the few I didn't want traded.. but I would assume they have a replacement for him... Winchester?
i feel the opposite. there's not many people i'd rather have in there then BM for a 2-3 year rebuild. i don't think he'll be here in 2-3 years but maybe Tim will take over and the team surrounding him will be the same.

i love that Bm is showing everyone he can be aggressive, i'll be very pissed off if he's not in charge of drafting come the draft.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Hale is sick and they don't want to call Weircioch

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I disagree. They can call up Weircioch and Hale. It's not like they're worried they'll lose games. Carkner was skating as a forward last practice so I'm sure he's close to a return as well.

Karlsson - Kuba
Weircioch - Carkner
Lee - Hale

That is one sad looking D but really who cares? Those two injuries mean nothing in terms of the likelyhood of Phillips being traded IMO.

Weircioch? is he even playing in Bingo right now?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

What the F? I wake up and find out about this? What an odd trade?!!?! I don't get it. Kelly was a guy who you want around on this team. One of the best PKers in the league and is starting to find a scoring touch... and you trade him for a 2nd? What's next, trade Neil for a 2nd?

Last edited by Dash on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I was shocked as well. We got hosed on that trade.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Hale is sick and they don't want to call Weircioch

Case closed then. Rolling Eyes

THEY DON'T CARE! The injuries won't change their plans.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Karlsson - Kuba
Weircioch - Carkner
Lee - Hale

Weircioch? is he even playing in Bingo right now?

Gryba? Smith? Whoever else they can call up? That work for you?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum