GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nabokov

+15
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
spader
22_4_ever
CockRoche
shabbs
BigRig
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
SensGirl11
wprager
tim1_2
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

16Nabokov - Page 2 Empty Re: Nabokov Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:26 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:
I was just suggesting that if another team claims him and he doesn't report, he won't be playing for anyone this year. Detroit included.

Yep, you're bang on.

17Nabokov - Page 2 Empty Re: Nabokov Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:13 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
EDIT: As per Bob McKenzie's Twitter: Keep in mind, if Nabokov is claimed by a team and Nabokov doesn't like the situation, he can simply refuse to report and not play this year.

So this would mean that he would not play for the Wings either I would imagine right?

I'm not sure what you mean? He obviously is prepared to play in Detroit, or we would not have signed with them.

Apparently Nabokov's agent sent a fax around to all the GMs saying Nabokov was only interested in playing on a contender.

I was just suggesting that if another team claims him and he doesn't report, he won't be playing for anyone this year. Detroit included.

Yeah, interesting scenario. He wants to be a starter his agent said, so any team picking him up would have to jettison their starter to backup - like Bobrovsky in Philly who's doing pretty well. Washington would be the target IMO, Varlemov is young enough that it's not a complete slap in the face. Are we missing a contender?

18Nabokov - Page 2 Empty Re: Nabokov Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:17 am

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
EDIT: As per Bob McKenzie's Twitter: Keep in mind, if Nabokov is claimed by a team and Nabokov doesn't like the situation, he can simply refuse to report and not play this year.

So this would mean that he would not play for the Wings either I would imagine right?

I'm not sure what you mean? He obviously is prepared to play in Detroit, or we would not have signed with them.

Apparently Nabokov's agent sent a fax around to all the GMs saying Nabokov was only interested in playing on a contender.

Yeah, interesting scenario. He wants to be a starter his agent said, so any team picking him up would have to jettison their starter to backup - like Bobrovsky in Philly who's doing pretty well. Washington would be the target IMO, Varlemov is young enough that it's not a complete slap in the face. Are we missing a contender?

Tampa?

19Nabokov - Page 2 Empty Re: Nabokov Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:23 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, Tampa's a good call. Roloson is way too inconsistent IMO.

20Nabokov - Page 2 Empty Re: Nabokov Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:30 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

That's fair, it doesn't mean they have to listen though.

EDIT: I don't think Nabokov cares either way, if he can't play this year he'll sign somewhere next year. Only problem for him is that the money could be less because no one got to see him play this year. He's playing with fire a little by doing that, IMO.

Just for that, I'd claim him then waive Leclaire

21Nabokov - Page 2 Empty Re: Nabokov Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:31 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

That's fair, it doesn't mean they have to listen though.

EDIT: I don't think Nabokov cares either way, if he can't play this year he'll sign somewhere next year. Only problem for him is that the money could be less because no one got to see him play this year. He's playing with fire a little by doing that, IMO.

Just for that, I'd claim him then waive Leclaire

Actually, I wonder if Ottawa could use that to get a favor from anyone; I won't claim if you ... Nod

22Nabokov - Page 2 Empty Re: Nabokov Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:36 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yep, Tampa could be interested to claim him. I think Philly and Washington NEED him the most, but San Jose, Tampa, Chicago, and Colorado could be in the running here as well.

23Nabokov - Page 2 Empty Re: Nabokov Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:40 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

It doesn't matter "who's in the running"; it's based on current team ranking ... we're right up there Smile

24Nabokov - Page 2 Empty Re: Nabokov Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:43 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

TheAvatar wrote:It doesn't matter "who's in the running"; it's based on current team ranking ... we're right up there Nabokov - Page 2 54934

Yep, we're 4th for picking.

25Nabokov - Page 2 Empty Re: Nabokov Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:51 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

Just a thought, but why don't we claim him and then trade him to the Wings for a low round draft pick (5th or 6th)or something?

We'd actually be doing Detroit a favour as there's NO WAY a Western Team won't claim him JUST to screw the Wings over.

Call up Holland and set it Murray you shrewd GM you!

26Nabokov - Page 2 Empty Re: Nabokov Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:52 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You can't claim and trade without offering him to everyone else that put in a claim.

27Nabokov - Page 2 Empty Re: Nabokov Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:56 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

You can't do that because they put a no movement clause in the signing. and he'd have to go through waivers again as Shabbs mentioned.

28Nabokov - Page 2 Empty Re: Nabokov Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:57 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:You can't claim and trade without offering him to everyone else that put in a claim.

By the rules? If we claim him, he's ours.

Or are you suggesting we shop his rights around to the highest bidder?

29Nabokov - Page 2 Empty Re: Nabokov Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:01 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can guarantee we will not claim him, for reasons I already stated.

30Nabokov - Page 2 Empty Re: Nabokov Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:01 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BigRig wrote:
shabbs wrote:You can't claim and trade without offering him to everyone else that put in a claim.

By the rules of the CBA.

If you claim a player off waivers like that, before you can trade them (assuming they don't have a NTC or have waived it) you first have to offer them to all the other teams that put in a claim. If none of those teams want the player, then you can trade the player.

31Nabokov - Page 2 Empty Re: Nabokov Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:02 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

SensGirl11 wrote:You can't do that because they put a no movement clause in the signing. and he'd have to go through waivers again as Shabbs mentioned.

Wouldn't a No movement clause simply enable the player to waive or not depending on the Team they'd be going to? (Honest question, no sarcasm implied)

I'm sure I've seen Teams do that type of move before...if not, then that's too bad

32Nabokov - Page 2 Empty Re: Nabokov Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:04 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:
BigRig wrote:

By the rules of the CBA.

If you claim a player off waivers like that, before you can trade them (assuming they don't have a NTC or have waived it) you first have to offer them to all the other teams that put in a claim. If none of those teams want the player, then you can trade the player.

Understood. So then, what if we claim him and he comes in and plays for us until the trade deadline at which time we trade him...would the waiver wire scenario still apply?

33Nabokov - Page 2 Empty Re: Nabokov Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:05 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It applies for the rest of the season. So, doing that would make no sense as his contract would expire since it's a 1-year deal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum