GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where is Nabokov going?

+8
Ev
stempniaksen
rooneypoo
SensHulk
SDH89
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Where is Nabokov going? Empty Where is Nabokov going? Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is a legit question now...

LA?

Montreal?

Philly?

Tampa Bay?

That's my vote. Tampa Bay.

2Where is Nabokov going? Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:09 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Washington.

3Where is Nabokov going? Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

43 million on 14 players, with Nabokov it would be a bare minimum of 5 mil, so 48 million on 15 players...

6 players, 10 million (-1 for injuries).

They have to re-sign Morrisson. Anyone else? Maybe this can work. Alzner comes up @ 1.7 as well.

So 5 players, 8 million w/ Alzner.

Maybe you're right actually.

4Where is Nabokov going? Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:23 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Geez...I dont' know if I like that too much. I hope they don't get him.

Would the Caps not be considered chokers now too though? Nabby isn't good on teams that like to choke in the playoffs... Where is Nabokov going? 159628

5Where is Nabokov going? Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:24 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Agree with Spez, Tampa would be a great landing spot. Remember last time they had a Russian between the pipes?

6Where is Nabokov going? Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Geez...I dont' know if I like that too much. I hope they don't get him.

Would the Caps not be considered chokers now too though? Nabby isn't good on teams that like to choke in the playoffs... Where is Nabokov going? 159628

True, they like to choke as much as Nabokov does, yeah.

7Where is Nabokov going? Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:01 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Theodore is on the market right? I think Washington gladly says 'nay' to volchie and 'yay' for nabby.

8Where is Nabokov going? Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:35 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:43 million on 14 players, with Nabokov it would be a bare minimum of 5 mil, so 48 million on 15 players...

6 players, 10 million (-1 for injuries).

They have to re-sign Morrisson. Anyone else? Maybe this can work. Alzner comes up @ 1.7 as well.

So 5 players, 8 million w/ Alzner.

Maybe you're right actually.

Plus, Semin is serious trade bait. WSH can't be impressed with two consecutive playoff no-shows, especially when he comes with a $6 mil price tag this year.

9Where is Nabokov going? Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:37 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Russia.

He'll make 4 million in the NHL and 6+ million in Russia.

Off the board pick, but I think it's a possibility.

10Where is Nabokov going? Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:42 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Washington's already said they are going with Neuvirth and Varlamov.

I think Nabokov will go to either Atlanta or Tampa Bay.

11Where is Nabokov going? Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:52 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Montreal.

12Where is Nabokov going? Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My final answer is down to two teams:

The LA Kings (I know, I know, they have Quick) and the Tampa Bay Lightning.

I'm tempted to go with the Kings. They're a lot closer to winning than most other teams and this might put them over the top.

13Where is Nabokov going? Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:29 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:My final answer is down to two teams:

I'm tempted to go with the Kings. They're a lot closer to winning than most other teams and this might put them over the top.

wouldn't that stink the Sharks too, to watch Nabby go to the state rival and win it all, not saying it will happen, but would make for the most interesting story lines, think your first inclination of Tampa is the most accurate still though.

14Where is Nabokov going? Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:30 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:My final answer is down to two teams:

PHI, right after they trade Hartnell.

15Where is Nabokov going? Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:32 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:Plus, Semin is serious trade bait. WSH can't be impressed with two consecutive playoff no-shows, especially when he comes with a $6 mil price tag this year.

Two consecutive? He had 14 points in 14 games the post-season prior and 8 points in 7 games before that. His production was non-existent against Montreal but his play wasn't horr-awful IMO. Granted, when your role is to produce, you have to produce.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum