GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where is Nabokov going?

+8
Ev
stempniaksen
rooneypoo
SensHulk
SDH89
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Where is Nabokov going? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:29 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:My final answer is down to two teams:

The LA Kings (I know, I know, they have Quick) and the Tampa Bay Lightning.

I'm tempted to go with the Kings. They're a lot closer to winning than most other teams and this might put them over the top.

wouldn't that stink the Sharks too, to watch Nabby go to the state rival and win it all, not saying it will happen, but would make for the most interesting story lines, think your first inclination of Tampa is the most accurate still though.

17Where is Nabokov going? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:30 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

I'm tempted to go with the Kings. They're a lot closer to winning than most other teams and this might put them over the top.

PHI, right after they trade Hartnell.

18Where is Nabokov going? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:32 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:Plus, Semin is serious trade bait. WSH can't be impressed with two consecutive playoff no-shows, especially when he comes with a $6 mil price tag this year.

Two consecutive? He had 14 points in 14 games the post-season prior and 8 points in 7 games before that. His production was non-existent against Montreal but his play wasn't horr-awful IMO. Granted, when your role is to produce, you have to produce.

19Where is Nabokov going? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:33 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Plus, Semin is serious trade bait. WSH can't be impressed with two consecutive playoff no-shows, especially when he comes with a $6 mil price tag this year.

Two consecutive? He had 14 points in 14 games the post-season prior and 8 points in 7 games before that. His production was non-existent against Montreal but his play wasn't horr-awful IMO. Granted, when your role is to produce, you have to produce.

Remind me again: how many goals has he had in his last 20 or so playoff games?

20Where is Nabokov going? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

That would be contingent on them trading Hartnell for no salary coming back. I don't like the odds of that happening. Ditto Gagne or Briere.

Now Carter...Carter I can see.

21Where is Nabokov going? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:43 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If I were LA I'd stick to splitting Quick and Bernier. Bernier will be their guy soon enough anyway.

22Where is Nabokov going? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:14 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

That would be contingent on them trading Hartnell for no salary coming back. I don't like the odds of that happening. Ditto Gagne or Briere.

Sure. Either or. PHI's gotta give in and land a real goalie at some point this century, tho', you have to think. Nabokov or maybe Thomas.

23Where is Nabokov going? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Sure. Either or. PHI's gotta give in and land a real goalie at some point this century, tho', you have to think. Nabokov or maybe Thomas.

+1. Although I hope they don't.

24Where is Nabokov going? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:42 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

philly or tampa. personaly i see wash going after turco...
turco has shown he can be good in the playoffs, something that isn't proven with nabokov.

25Where is Nabokov going? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:44 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

montreal will go after Biron. cheap and french. two thingd the habs are trying to get at the moment.

26Where is Nabokov going? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is Nabokov going? Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:38 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:philly or tampa. personaly i see wash going after turco...
turco has shown he can be good in the playoffs, something that isn't proven with nabokov.

have heard Turco linked to SJ, why not another goalie that hasn't done anything in the playoffs? Where is Nabokov going? - Page 2 489887

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum