GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch

+28
Hobiesens
NEELY
22_4_ever
beedub
jawal
Hoags
spader
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
stempniaksen
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Riprock
sandysensfan
PTFlea
CockRoche
Ev
wprager
Oglethorpe
shabbs
asq2
SDH89
SensHulk
SensGirl11
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 67]

4662011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:37 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Certainties? Nothing is a certainty. I never said it's guaranteed either. I just don't see much improvement in 1 year.

Look at Atlanta this season and I think that's the kind of year we have. They were actually pretty good for a while but they couldn't keep up.

Finishing 5-10 doesn't mean you're a bad team anymore. The parity in the NHL is great nowadays. Middle of the pack, like Atlanta and Columbus etc. will get you a good pick.

Drafting 7-14 every year also ensures that you won't be getting a franchise player unless a little luck comes your way. This year, if Murray can get what he believes to be a franchise player because he is so close to the top 3, you do it. Again, next year it seems that there are 1 or 2 guys that stand out, if Murray thinks LAndeskog is the guy that stands out, then you go after him.

Nothing is gauarenteed but sometimes you only get one chance to make an impact and this year might be it for Ottawa. You do what it takes.

I never said not to trade up to get Landeskog. Just stating where I think they'll finish next year.

Next year's draft is looking insane so we could definitely get a franchise player there if we finish in the Top 10 at least.

PS. Who knows if Landeskog is even their #1. It's still just all speculation. He said he likes 1 guy over the others but nobody has ever confirmed who that is. We're just inferring.

4672011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Certainties? Nothing is a certainty. I never said it's guaranteed either. I just don't see much improvement in 1 year.

We'll definitely see an improvement given that we finally have a real goalie and we won't have players tuning out the coach. A good coach could definitely take this team to the playoffs.

A bunch of players would have to have breakout years, unlikely but possible.

And I agree they should do whatever it takes to get their #1 player (within reason).

4682011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:40 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Nothing is gauarenteed but sometimes you only get one chance to make an impact and this year might be it for Ottawa. You do what it takes.

But if “that guy” is out there, chances are other teams know that too, and chances are that teams won’t trade away the draft pick that could land “that guy.”

So what I’m saying, is that if there’s somebody out there worth giving up two first rounders and a second rounder for, the team that has (or will have) that guy likely aren’t going to trade him for other draft picks.

4692011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:But if “that guy” is out there, chances are other teams know that too, and chances are that teams won’t trade away the draft pick that could land “that guy.”

So what I’m saying, is that if there’s somebody out there worth giving up two first rounders and a second rounder for, the team that has (or will have) that guy likely aren’t going to trade him for other draft picks.

I really have a feeling that 'the guy' for Florida is NOT Landeskog - and really, why would it be? They have jack in terms of elite level skill and there are much better options than Landeskog for skill IMO. Landeskog is perfect for Ottawa because he's the heir apparent (maybe) to Alfie and he fits into the mold we're working on here + he's a winger. I think Florida goes for a C that can fit in behind Weiss right away and then eventually take over his spot so they can trade him.

People have been saying Couturier for Florida and I've found that to make more sense personally - or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

4702011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A buddy of mine is watching the U18 and is raving about Zibanejad.

4712011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:59 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

so ISS has Lando at #4??? Cussing New Jersey!!!!!!

4722011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:00 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michallica wrote:so ISS has Lando at #4??? Cussing New Jersey!!!!!!
Cussing NJ indeed.

4732011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:59 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently Ottawa has seen Huberdeau more than any other team? News to me. Read it here in this mock draft. This guy is a scout, but there are some weird picks in his mock. Ottawa picking Stuart Percy 21st? Never heard of him. The explanation is pretty odd too.

Edit: URL Fixed!

Last edited by Big Ev on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

4742011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:23 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:Apparently Ottawa has seen Huberdeau more than any other team? News to me. Read it here in this mock draft. This guy is a scout, but there are some weird picks in his mock. Ottawa picking Stuart Percy 21st? Never heard of him. The explanation is pretty odd too.

That link is an article about Crosby stopping to greet a fan. It's a nice article but nothing to do with the draft Smile

4752011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TheAvatar wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Apparently Ottawa has seen Huberdeau more than any other team? News to me. Read it here in this mock draft. This guy is a scout, but there are some weird picks in his mock. Ottawa picking Stuart Percy 21st? Never heard of him. The explanation is pretty odd too.

That link is an article about Crosby stopping to greet a fan. It's a nice article but nothing to do with the draft Smile
I think Big Ev had an old link still on his clipboard...

4762011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:28 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

I think Big Ev had an old link still on his clipboard...

That or he's trying to "recruit" a few people Smile

4772011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:07 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LOL. I put in the right link.

4782011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:08 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PS Why are some usernames different colours? E.g. the Avatar's is blue.

4792011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:04 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:PS Why are some usernames different colours? E.g. the Avatar's is blue.
They identify who's a moderator and who's a user as well as other designations. The bottom of the home page explains it...

4802011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:15 pm

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

The CBC mock draft.....Couturier slips to 9th!
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/markseidel/2011/04/nhl-mock-draft-oilers-go-defence.html

1. Edmonton Oilers - Adam Larsson (D - Skelleftea - Sweden)

A Franchise defenceman is a natural way to go toward a bright future, but the scuttlebutt is Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

2. Colorado Avalanche - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (C - Red Deer - WHL)

A chance to get the new Joe Sakic is too hard to pass up.

3. Florida Panthers - Gabriel Landeskog (RW - Kitchener - OHL)

Another franchise player with a very bright future and is the most ready player.

4. New Jersey Devils - Ryan Strome (C - Niagara - OHL)

Lou gets lucky again and arguably the best long-term prospect that falls to him at No. 4.

5. New York Islanders - Dougie Hamilton (D - Niagara - OHL)

The Islanders are loaded up front so some help on the back end is welcomed.

6. Ottawa Senators - Jonathan Huberdeau (C - Saint John - QMJHL)

They have seen him more than any other team and he usually played well.

7. Atlanta Thrashers - Ryan Murphy (D - Kitchener - OHL)

The Thrashers need a difference maker on the back end and Murphy fits the bill.

8. Columbus Blue Jackets - Jamie Oleksiak (D - Northeastern - US College)

The Jackets look to hit a home run with the best available defenceman.

9. Boston Bruins - Sean Couturier (C - Drummondville - QMJHL)

The Bruins continue to reap the rewards from the Phil Kessel trade and get a steal at No. 9.

10. Minnesota Wild - Mika Zibanejad (C/RW - Djurgardens - Sweden)

A bit of a wild card but some feel he is the hidden gem.

4812011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:36 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's the mock draft I linked.

Not a chance Couturier drops to 9th. I'll drink a glass of urine if that happens.

4822011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:46 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:That's the mock draft I linked.

Not a chance Couturier drops to 9th. I'll drink a glass of urine if that happens.

well you already drink crosby's so this means nothing Sarcasm

SORRY I HAD TO GO THERE!!

4832011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:53 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Do we really see teams picking Huberdeau or Strome over Couturier?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum