GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13?

+8
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
SensHulk
Ev
rooneypoo
stempniaksen
Cap'n Clutch
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Empty Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:25 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Since I'm a fan I can look way way ahead and it also makes me feel a little better about the team to do that as well.

Here is what I see the D looking like and you all can fill in the blanks, debate it etc...

Phillips - Karlsson - I still think we need to re-sign phillips to a retirement contract
Cowen - ?? - I expect Cowen will be top 6 next season, then top four 2012/13
Rundblad - ?? - Rundblad will likely be getting at least second unit PP time.

So we have our Veteran Defensive D in Phillips, we'll have a "veteran" Karlsson, Second year Cowen and first year Rundblad. Thoughts on how to fill in the rest? I personally don't see Carkner here and I'm not sure I'd want any more farm hands filling in those two vacant spots. I'd like to see a rugged shut down shot blocker with Rundblad and another veteran leader to go with Cowen.

- Unknown Author

2Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Empty Re: Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:27 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Gonchar is still here, so I guess you slot him next to Cowen?

3Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Empty Re: Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:28 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Since I'm a fan I can look way way ahead and it also makes me feel a little better about the team to do that as well.

Here is what I see the D looking like and you all can fill in the blanks, debate it etc...

Phillips - Karlsson - I still think we need to re-sign phillips to a retirement contract
Cowen - ?? - I expect Cowen will be top 6 next season, then top four 2012/13
Rundblad - ?? - Rundblad will likely be getting at least second unit PP time.

So we have our Veteran Defensive D in Phillips, we'll have a "veteran" Karlsson, Second year Cowen and first year Rundblad. Thoughts on how to fill in the rest? I personally don't see Carkner here and I'm not sure I'd want any more farm hands filling in those two vacant spots. I'd like to see a rugged shut down shot blocker with Rundblad and another veteran leader to go with Cowen.

That will be Gonchar's last year, too. I could see Carkner re-signed after this year, too, especially if the price is right.

4Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Empty Re: Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:30 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I forgot Gonchar was on a 3 year deal. I wouldn't be upset with a re-signing of Carkner actually.

So is this too risky of a blue line with all the youth?

Phillips - Karlsson
Cowen - Gonchar
Rundblad - Carkner

Keep in mind I don't know who shoots left or who is best suited to be right or left D so don't shoot me down if I put them on their wrong side.

- Unknown Author

5Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Empty Re: Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:31 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cowen - Carkner on the PK has some nice possibilities doesn't it?

- Unknown Author

6Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Empty Re: Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:33 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cowen-Gonchar
Phillips-Karlsson
Rundblad-FA (See below)

FA: I could see us signing somebody like Jonathan Ericsson (cheap and fellow-swede to play with Rundblad), Mark Stuart, Shane O'Brien, Trevor Daley, or just re-sign Carkner.

I don't want Rundblad to play in the NHL if he's not ready, though.

7Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Empty Re: Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:35 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ideally...

Phillips-Karlsson
Cowen-Rundblad
Gonchar-Weircioch

8Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Empty Re: Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cowen - Karlsson
Gonchar - Rundblad
Phillips - ? Carkner/Gryba/Wideman(too small for 3rd pairing I guess)/Wiercioch/acquisition

9Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Empty Re: Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:40 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

stempniaksen wrote:Gonchar is still here, so I guess you slot him next to Cowen?

I package Cowen with someone else in a deal for Shea Weber then proceed to give in to his outrageous salary demands. Dancing

10Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Empty Re: Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:42 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:Cowen - Karlsson
Gonchar - Rundblad
Phillips - ? Carkner/Gryba/Wideman(too small for 3rd pairing I guess)/Wiercioch/acquisition

You think Cowen is a top pairing D by year two? Are you comfortable with that idea?
Rundblad in the top 4 in his rookie season?

I do think you may be right about Phillips falling all the way down to the bottom pair by then though.

- Unknown Author

11Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Empty Re: Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:42 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:Gonchar is still here, so I guess you slot him next to Cowen?

I package Cowen with someone else in a deal for Shea Weber then proceed to give in to his outrageous salary demands. Dancing

Nice. TowelWave

- Unknown Author

12Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Empty Re: Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:44 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Ideally...

Phillips-Karlsson
Cowen-Rundblad
Gonchar-Weircioch

A best case scenario would put Cowen, Rundblad and Weircioch as second year NHLers. More than likely we'll see Cowen as the only 2nd year player in that bunch so you'll have Weircioch and Rundblad as rookies. Not liking that scenario at all.

- Unknown Author

13Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Empty Re: Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:18 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Michallica wrote:Ideally...

Phillips-Karlsson
Cowen-Rundblad
Gonchar-Weircioch

A best case scenario would put Cowen, Rundblad and Weircioch as second year NHLers. More than likely we'll see Cowen as the only 2nd year player in that bunch so you'll have Weircioch and Rundblad as rookies. Not liking that scenario at all.

Nor do I like our $5.5 million defenceman as the 5th defenceman.

Cowen-Karlsson
Phillips-Gonchar
Rundblad-Gryba

14Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Empty Re: Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's a lot of buzz about Stoa I think his name is. When drafted, I recall hearing that the Sens hoped he could one day be a Phillips style player (or even a replacement). 12/13 might be a little early, but he's on the radar IMO.

15Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Empty Re: Ottawa's top six D for 2012/13? Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:26 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Are you talking about Michael Sdao?? He's a defenceman for Princeton. A fighter, who's putting up decent numbers too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum