GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What will the Sens look like in 2012/13?

+11
shabbs
Flo The Action
garblar
LeCaptain
asq2
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
SeawaySensFan
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1What will the Sens look like in 2012/13? Empty What will the Sens look like in 2012/13? Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:28 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here's my best guess.

Top Six Forwards:

Foligno-Spezza-Petersson

Silfverberg-Regin-Alfredsson

Top 4 Defense:

Karlsson - Cowen

Weircioch - ??

Goalies
Leclaire
Lehner

- Unknown Author

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

In two years, Petersson is going to be on our top line as a rookie? We're in Dung my friends if that's the case.

Not to mention Silfverberg on our second line. Cowen and Karlsson as our top pairing when Cowen will most likely be a rookie or a pseudo-sophomore.

Also, what happened to Milan Michalek that he couldn't crack the top 6? Did he get traded?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:In two years, Petersson is going to be on our top line as a rookie? We're in Dung my friends if that's the case.

Not to mention Silfverberg on our second line. Cowen and Karlsson as our top pairing when Cowen will most likely be a rookie or a pseudo-sophomore.

Also, what happened to Milan Michalek that he couldn't crack the top 6? Did he get traded?

What will the Sens look like in 2012/13? 235689 What will the Sens look like in 2012/13? 805406

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Michalek isnt going anywhere he will be a top 6

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Michalek isnt going anywhere he will be a top 6

Are you sure?!?!?! What will the Sens look like in 2012/13? 432129

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michalek - Spezza - Petersson
Silfverberg - Regin - Alfredsson
Foligno - Fisher - Grant
Winchester - Kelly - Greening/Condra/etc.

Cowen - Wiercioch
Karlsson - Volchenkov
Phillips - Carkner

Lehner
Elliott

Looks alright^ What's the cap on something like that? Whatever it is, expect it to go up the very next year...

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Here's my best guess.

Top Six Forwards:

Foligno-Spezza-Petersson

Silfverberg-Regin-Alfredsson

Top 4 Defense:

Karlsson - Cowen

Weircioch - ??

Goalies
Leclaire
Lehner

Foligno continues to prove that he's not a top-6 forward.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Michalek - Spezza - Petersson
Silfverberg - Regin - Alfredsson
Foligno - Fisher - Grant
Winchester - Kelly - Greening/Condra/etc.

Cowen - Wiercioch
Karlsson - Volchenkov
Phillips - Carkner

Lehner
Elliott

If Wiercioch goes through with his plan to finish his degree, that'll mean that he'll be a rookie in 2012/13. I highly doubt he'll be on the first pairing while a 34-year-old Phillips will be on the fourth. If Cowen gets his IMO needed extra year in Junior, he'll only be a sophomore at that point. I have no idea what the plan with Lehner is.

I'll echo PKC's sentiments here: if we are seriously relying on guys like Cowen, Wiercioch and Petersson at this point in time, we will be in the running for Patrik Koys (although actually I think he's going in 2014).

I can't imagine that every player that will be on that team is already in the organization.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Also if we take a forward with our first-rounder this year it's not inconceivable that he debuts in 2012-2013 in some capacity (maybe third line or something).

EDIT: So plug Niederreiter in there somewhere. What will the Sens look like in 2012/13? Icon_wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gohan wrote:Looks alright^ What's the cap on something like that? Whatever it is, expect it to go up the very next year...

Good question.

4.3 - 7 - 1.2
1.2 - 2.2 - 4.5
2.5 - 4.2

1.2 - 1.2
1.2 - 4
3.2 - 1.0

41.6 with entry level contract's and I can't remember how much Alfie makes. So ~ 15 million to make up 4 forwards and then 2 more depth players. That's pretty doable actually.

I didn't put in Kelly and Ruutu, but those are two guys who would be really cool to re-sign and have when we go on our run.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
If Wiercioch goes through with his plan to finish his degree, that'll mean that he'll be a rookie in 2012/13. I highly doubt he'll be on the first pairing while a 34-year-old Phillips will be on the fourth. If Cowen gets his IMO needed extra year in Junior, he'll only be a sophomore at that point. I have no idea what the plan with Lehner is.

I'll echo PKC's sentiments here: if we are seriously relying on guys like Cowen, Wiercioch and Petersson at this point in time, we will be in the running for Patrik Koys (although actually I think he's going in 2014).

I can't imagine that every player that will be on that team is already in the organization.

That's three years down the road though - although your point is WELL taken and I realize how much of a homerun that would be to have them all in there at the same time, I'm just going with the prospects we have that are close to being ready. I'm sure you can sprinkle in a some UFA signings and as you say some guys we've drafted previously or this year - or even the year after.

But I just put Phillips on the bottom pair because I couldn't be bothered figuring out the configuration of our top 6 going forward. Wiercioch and Cowen may be lower and we might actually have a real D-man in there by that time. Ahhhhh!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:Also if we take a forward with our first-rounder this year it's not inconceivable that he debuts in 2012-2013 in some capacity (maybe third line or something).

EDIT: So plug Niederreiter in there somewhere. What will the Sens look like in 2012/13? Icon_wink

What will the Sens look like in 2012/13? 95132

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Niederreiter will be out of reach when we will pick between 25 and 30 What will the Sens look like in 2012/13? 159628

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

That's three years down the road though - although your point is WELL taken and I realize how much of a homerun that would be to have them all in there at the same time, I'm just going with the prospects we have that are close to being ready. I'm sure you can sprinkle in a some UFA signings and as you say some guys we've drafted previously or this year - or even the year after.

But I just put Phillips on the bottom pair because I couldn't be bothered figuring out the configuration of our top 6 going forward. Wiercioch and Cowen may be lower and we might actually have a real D-man in there by that time. What will the Sens look like in 2012/13? 805406

I expect that all three will be on the roster that season. Karlsson will be in his fourth year in the NHL and will most likely be a top-3 defenceman for us if not top-pairing. Cowen will be a sophomore if he gets his extra year, but then we have to factor in the sophomore slump. Ideally, though, he'd be on the second pairing. Wiercioch plays the role of a 5 or 6 guy.

It's going to be a little tricky breaking them all in, because I'm not sure even Karlsson will be developed enough to play with one of the other two. That means one per pairing, although a pairing with Karlsson certainly shouldn't suffer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum