GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

EA Sports NHL 2012

+11
sens4win
SensGirl11
Hoags
The Silfer Server
tim1_2
stempniaksen
Da lil Guy
Riprock
wprager
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 13]

1EA Sports NHL 2012 Empty EA Sports NHL 2012 Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Thought I'd make a thread where we could all discuss NHL12.

I spend an ungodly amount of time GMing in NHL11 and usually play 40 or so games of the season (sim the rest).

I love this game, but there are things I want cleaned up personally. Some are tiny, like:

When someone scores, can there be a graphic at the bottom that reads like a statsheet:

Spezza (14), Alfredsson and Butler

for example. It was in one of the NHL games, 09 I think, where it came up and told you instead of the player having to wait through the replay to see the info.

2EA Sports NHL 2012 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:57 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kinda getting sick of them not upgrading anything yet making me pay another $60 each year.

Not even sure if I'll buy this TBH.

3EA Sports NHL 2012 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Kinda getting sick of them not upgrading anything yet making me pay another $60 each year.

You're not the first one I've heard say that. What do you want upgraded specifically?

4EA Sports NHL 2012 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Kinda getting sick of them not upgrading anything yet making me pay another $60 each year.

You're not the first one I've heard say that. What do you want upgraded specifically?

I want them to change the controls so grownups could play them with their kids and not be embarrassed.

5EA Sports NHL 2012 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:27 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I mostly played EASHL in '11, and there are lots of thigns that are wrong with it. Too may people cheating (using "glitches", cheating the system to add more attributes, etc).

In BAGM, the top draft picks never amount to anything, and they don't improve enough year to year. This past draft class were rated way too low because the last years draft class was the priority, so guys like Lando and Huberdeau will never make the NHL, but RNH is a star.

Players ask for way too much money as well. But they said they fixed that in '12.

6EA Sports NHL 2012 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:I mostly played EASHL in '11, and there are lots of thigns that are wrong with it. Too may people cheating (using "glitches", cheating the system to add more attributes, etc).

In BAGM, the top draft picks never amount to anything, and they don't improve enough year to year. This past draft class were rated way too low because the last years draft class was the priority, so guys like Lando and Huberdeau will never make the NHL, but RNH is a star.

Players ask for way too much money as well. But they said they fixed that in '12.

What's EASHL?

I agree, it's annoying that Landeskog, Huberdeau, Strome are all rated so poorly. Couturier also takes forever to farm properly. I don't even think Zibanejad is in there, or I've missed him.

As for the top picks, I do it slowly, year by year, play 40 or so NHL games and 10 or more AHL games, but SG11 plays sim only, so she does a year a night (or every few nights whatever) and her scouting is sky high now. The last pick she got was 1st overall and it was labelled a "FRANCHISE" player. He immediately came into the league as an 88 with still potential to grow.

7EA Sports NHL 2012 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:27 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I've never seen a franchise player yet. Zibanejad's not in the game. My last BaGM I started and I am playing all the games... just past the All-Star game. Made a few trades here and there. I put Radulov as a FA and signed him, somehow got Lucic, McGinn and Couture, Bieksa and Polak. Good team.

EASHL is like Be a Pro but online with other players. You can join clubs with friends and play together or just join games with strangers.

8EA Sports NHL 2012 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ah, I see.

It's because you're playing games in the season instead of simming all the time like Mel. I like to play some of the actual games too, so I haven't advanced as far as she has (she's done the full 10 years or whatever). I believe she said she was on year 2015 and had gotten a franchise player.

9EA Sports NHL 2012 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

2015/2016 she said she got one, then 2016/2017 she got another.

10EA Sports NHL 2012 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:09 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I have simmed ahead a few seasons too but its no fun. I can get the 1st overall picks any year just by trading a 1st + 2nd/3rd

11EA Sports NHL 2012 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:I have simmed ahead a few seasons too but its no fun. I can get the 1st overall picks any year just by trading a 1st + 2nd/3rd

You can also get the 1st overall (or any first) using a 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th. Smile I have none of those picks as of now, I've used them all. Laugh1

12EA Sports NHL 2012 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:52 am

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

I've enjoyed the series, but I didn't buy the last one. I'll wait to see if the reviews are good before I decide on the new one.

13EA Sports NHL 2012 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:04 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The trade logic the ysay the have fixed this coming year, but just to show you how bad it is in '11, I traded Couture and McGinn to Pittsburgh for Crosby and Godard, then tried to trade Crosby for Oshie but St. Louis refused. I ended up having to trade Crosby + a late pick for Stamkos, then Stamkos straight up for Oshie in order for it to work. I didn't want Crosby or Stamkos because they are too expensive.

14EA Sports NHL 2012 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:The trade logic the ysay the have fixed this coming year, but just to show you how bad it is in '11, I traded Couture and McGinn to Pittsburgh for Crosby and Godard, then tried to trade Crosby for Oshie but St. Louis refused. I ended up having to trade Crosby + a late pick for Stamkos, then Stamkos straight up for Oshie in order for it to work. I didn't want Crosby or Stamkos because they are too expensive.

Yeah, there's always gonna be issues with values etc. I think. I run into the same issues from time to time.

15EA Sports NHL 2012 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:14 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I bought NHL11, but unless they come out with a bigger announcement I probably won't buy 12. I don't play nearly as much as I used to so it would make sense to not "upgrade".

Hopefully they keep moving in the right direction with the trade values because last year was flawed as heck, but much better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum