GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa trade rumours

+28
dawg's wife
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
garblar
TheAvatar
spader
Hoags
asq2
rooneypoo
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
shabbs
The Silfer Server
Sens4thecup
cash
Ev
wprager
stempniaksen
CockRoche
SDH89
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 35]

286Ottawa trade rumours - Page 20 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:00 am

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:Kovalev to the Habs for a poutine. It doesn't even have to been a real poutine from La Belle Province, it can be a Burger King poutine....

= cap relief

WOOOOOOAAAhhh!!!!
wait a minute!! la belle province poutine is not "the real poutine" it actually taste like crap. they put BBQ sauce in it, not the real brown gravy. for that matter, the best poutine i ever had was in Nakina, northern Ontario. a mountain of cheeze curds over very nice crispy fires.

Anglo Poutine has brown gravy, Quebec Poutine has BBQ gravy. LBP is a product of what's been popular in QC since I was a kid, steamed all dressed hot dogs and poutine WITH BBQ GRAVY. Real Poutine also has curds not mozzarella. The mozzarella effect comes into play around Cornwall.....

Hull is the opposite of Hawkesbury. Hull thinks it's part of Ontario and Hawkesbury thinks it's part of Quebec. If there's any trades to be done, I think it needs to be Hull for Hawkesbury + 2nd round pick.

Think Quebec will take Lee in the trade?

287Ottawa trade rumours - Page 20 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:02 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Sources have suggested a trade involving Poutine. Stay tuned.

Montreal are reportedly holding out for a Beaver Tail.

more to come...

What kind?

The one with "Hazelnut Spread" on it. Ottawa has countered with Cinnamon and Sugar.

more to come...

288Ottawa trade rumours - Page 20 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:29 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've also been told to watch for a dark horse team offering up a funnel cake from Canada's Wonderland. E4

289Ottawa trade rumours - Page 20 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:01 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Please demand a trade, Kovalev!

290Ottawa trade rumours - Page 20 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:23 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:Please demand a trade, Kovalev!

Diminished role = trade demand. Book it! Dancing

291Ottawa trade rumours - Page 20 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:57 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:Please demand a trade, Kovalev!

Yeah, just do it in private please Dammit!

292Ottawa trade rumours - Page 20 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:02 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

ScottMacArthur Scott MacArthur
Kovalev on whether Clouston has made him scapegoat for #Sens troubles: "It looks like it." Kovalev hasn't asked for trade. #NJDevils #NHL

293Ottawa trade rumours - Page 20 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:03 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SDH89 wrote:ScottMacArthur Scott MacArthur
Kovalev on whether Clouston has made him scapegoat for #Sens troubles: "It looks like it." Kovalev hasn't asked for trade. #NJDevils #NHL

OMG. Laugh1

The worst part is, Kovalev is right.

294Ottawa trade rumours - Page 20 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:05 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:

OMG. Laugh1

I think we've set a record for the most times players have called out their own coach over the course of a couple of weeks.

295Ottawa trade rumours - Page 20 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:06 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This is not good...

296Ottawa trade rumours - Page 20 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:09 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SDH89 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

OMG. Laugh1

I think we've set a record for the most times players have called out their own coach over the course of a couple of weeks.

The Alfie did it twice although the Cheerleaders on the pre-game panel didn't want to admit it last night.

297Ottawa trade rumours - Page 20 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:15 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This is gonna get worse before it gets better...

If they've tuned Clouston out... not sure what Murray can do... we've been through a million coaches... I can hear Melnky warming up another "blow themselves up" comment.

298Ottawa trade rumours - Page 20 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:16 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:This is gonna get worse before it gets better...

If they've tuned Clouston out... not sure what Murray can do... we've been through a million coaches... I can hear Melnky warming up another "blow themselves up" comment.

I sure hope so, the resulting laffs would be a lovely early yuletide gift for me personally. ThumbsUp

299Ottawa trade rumours - Page 20 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ask for a trade? Who the Cuss would even take him?

300Ottawa trade rumours - Page 20 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:26 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

Ask for a trade? Who the Cuss would even take him?

No one will want him now, but I can see him going to a contender come deadline time for a mid ranged pick. Has the reputation for a solid playoff performer, we wouldn't know though Facepalm

301Ottawa trade rumours - Page 20 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:47 pm

dawg's wife

Prospect
Prospect

What if the GM isn't the one responsible for the deals or lack there of. I know Ottawa has been trying and very hard. Two issues I'm told exist, one being that teams are just not interested in trading right now, and the cap has everyone having to have even $$$ trades. That is causing problems for Ottawa and Murray.

I'm also led to believe that for a while now, Murray isn't able to make any FA acquisitions, or trades without passing it past Gene. From what I'm told this isn't something that has been happenening the last month or two, it's been a year and a bit that it's been going on.

If that's true, then maybe the issues with trades and signings are not entirely Murray's fault, but if you have to pass everything by your boss before you do it then you have an owner who is essentially playing GM.

I don't know about you, but if I'm Murray and that is happening I'd want out. I'd want nothing to do with a "Jerry Jones" type owner watching and having to approve everything I do.

Edit...sorry put this in the wrong location..I'll put it in the "Who will be Ottawa's next GM?" thread.

Last edited by dawg's wife on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

302Ottawa trade rumours - Page 20 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:52 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

dawg's wife wrote:What if the GM isn't the one responsible for the deals or lack there of. I know Ottawa has been trying and very hard. Two issues I'm told exist, one being that teams are just not interested in trading right now, and the cap has everyone having to have even $$$ trades. That is causing problems for Ottawa and Murray.

I'm also led to believe that for a while now, Murray isn't able to make any FA acquisitions, or trades without passing it past Gene. From what I'm told this isn't something that has been happenening the last month or two, it's been a year and a bit that it's been going on.

If that's true, then maybe the issues with trades and signings are not entirely Murray's fault, but if you have to pass everything by your boss before you do it then you have an owner who is essentially playing GM.

I don't know about you, but if I'm Murray and that is happening I'd want out. I'd want nothing to do with a "Jerry Jones" type owner watching and having to approve everything I do.

Agreed. I'd probably just let my contract run out. Hmm. Sarcasm

303Ottawa trade rumours - Page 20 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:03 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

dawg's wife wrote:What if the GM isn't the one responsible for the deals or lack there of. I know Ottawa has been trying and very hard. Two issues I'm told exist, one being that teams are just not interested in trading right now, and the cap has everyone having to have even $$$ trades. That is causing problems for Ottawa and Murray.

Ding Ding Ding

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum