GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa trade rumours

+28
dawg's wife
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
garblar
TheAvatar
spader
Hoags
asq2
rooneypoo
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
shabbs
The Silfer Server
Sens4thecup
cash
Ev
wprager
stempniaksen
CockRoche
SDH89
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 35]

391Ottawa trade rumours - Page 27 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:04 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I don't think Comrie can be traded, he's on the IR for 3-4 months.

392Ottawa trade rumours - Page 27 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:57 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

3rd time's the charm for Comrie in Ottawa lol ? Laugh1

I don't know who would be serious trade bait outside of Phillips and Kovalev.

Campoli maybe, anyone who's a pending free agent, I don't see many teams wanting to take on contracts beyond this season.

393Ottawa trade rumours - Page 27 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:06 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Regehr for Phillips?

I don't know how Regehr is doing in Calgary. I personally think he's better than Phillips. I'm thinking this trade because:
1) Calgary needs to move in a different direction
2) Calgary needs to shed some salary, and CP4 is a FA and will still make less than Regehr if signed.

394Ottawa trade rumours - Page 27 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:13 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Not sure what the Sens gain taking on a cap hit 500K more than Philips though.

I think Philips is a better player if he's on his game, he's been pretty bad this year for some reason.

395Ottawa trade rumours - Page 27 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:24 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

That depends, one could try to get a little extra from the Flames in turn for taking on a larger contract.

396Ottawa trade rumours - Page 27 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:56 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Straight Shooter wrote:I can't see Murray being stupid enough to think that he can turn this ship around with a couple trades. I think he will go into full sale mode. [1]Kovalev to the penguins for Comrie, Godard and Casey Pierro-Zabotel. ruutu and leclaire to Philly for Leighton and zherdev.

[2]we suck.

[1]There is a reason I don't come to this thread all that often and your trade offers are a prime example.

[2]No we don't. Your expectations must have been too high.

397Ottawa trade rumours - Page 27 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:57 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Straight Shooter wrote:I can't see Murray being stupid enough to think that he can turn this ship around with a couple trades. I think he will go into full sale mode. Kovalev to the penguins for Comrie, Godard and Casey Pierro-Zabotel. ruutu and leclaire to Philly for Leighton and zherdev. we suck.
hum no picks? what do we get out of it that's worth anything?

Nothing.

398Ottawa trade rumours - Page 27 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:25 pm

CockRoche wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Straight Shooter wrote:I can't see Murray being stupid enough to think that he can turn this ship around with a couple trades. I think he will go into full sale mode. Kovalev to the penguins for Comrie, Godard and Casey Pierro-Zabotel. ruutu and leclaire to Philly for Leighton and zherdev. we suck.
hum no picks? what do we get out of it that's worth anything?

Nothing.

Agreed. Teams looking to add at the trade deadline want UFAs, RFAs, or players signed to very affordable contracts short-term. Anything else would be considered a blockbuster and no contending team is willing to part with a big contributor.

Ottawa's UFAs of interest at the deadline are Phillips, Kovalev, and Ruutu. Leclaire is a UFA and if a team like Buffalo for instance needs insurance in net they'd maybe consider him; but I really can't see him being shopped unless it's to a team like Florida who likely won't be signing Vokoun back. In this case, Leclaire would be moved with a prospect/something else going back to Florida. Still there's no guarantee Vokoun would sign with Ottawa hence the this scenario won't happen especially with two teams gearing for a rebuild.

Aside from the aforementioned, I think Michalek, Alfie and Fisher are the most tradeable signed players. Fisher brings a lot of upside to teams needing grit, toughness, and leadership. Michalek could still be marketed as a scoring winger but his injuries make him a huge gamble. Alfie won't be traded. The backlash from the fans and the perception from the rest of the league isn't worth moving him.

The likelihood of us making a blockbuster is also virtually nil since we're not moving Karlsson, Spezza, or our defensive prospects any time soon. The Phaneuf blockbuster of last year was an anomaly and we're all seeing how that trade has helped Calgary.

I wouldn't expect any movement until the trade deadline. Any movement before then would be a short-term fix at the expense of the team's future. Not worth it.

399Ottawa trade rumours - Page 27 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:51 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Am I wrong to suggest that a Langenbrunner for Kuba makes some sense? We all know that Kuba is (slightly) better than he's playing now - and conversely, Langenbrunner can be a heck of a lot better as well. The Devils need a D-man, we need anything. Langenbrunner's contract is expiring as well, so it gets us out of that commitment for next year. Plus, Langenbrunner can be re-traded at the deadline (if he lifts his NTC).

400Ottawa trade rumours - Page 27 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Am I wrong to suggest that a Langenbrunner for Kuba makes some sense? We all know that Kuba is (slightly) better than he's playing now - and conversely, Langenbrunner can be a heck of a lot better as well. The Devils need a D-man, we need anything. Langenbrunner's contract is expiring as well, so it gets us out of that commitment for next year. Plus, Langenbrunner can be re-traded at the deadline (if he lifts his NTC).

Do they have the cap space? Langenbrunner is $2.8, Kuba is $3.7 -- $900K difference, roughly half season to go -- can they afford another $450K?

401Ottawa trade rumours - Page 27 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Do they have the cap space? Langenbrunner is $2.8, Kuba is $3.7 -- $900K difference, roughly half season to go -- can they afford another $450K?

No, we'd have to absorb that I think.

402Ottawa trade rumours - Page 27 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:55 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

Speaking of roughly half the season to go, can we we expect any "Ottawa trade rumours?"

403Ottawa trade rumours - Page 27 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:31 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I heard an interesting rumour on the bus from some teenager. He isinterested in acquiring Claude Giroux and shipping Kovalev and Kuba in return. He thinks that could get it done.

Now there's a rumour!

404Ottawa trade rumours - Page 27 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

I don't understand your answer. I checked capgeek and the Devils have zero cap room, so, no, they cannot trade Langenbrunner for Kuba straight up.

405Ottawa trade rumours - Page 27 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:35 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:I heard an interesting rumour on the bus from some teenager. He isinterested in acquiring Claude Giroux and shipping Kovalev and Kuba in return. He thinks that could get it done.

Now there's a rumour!
if he could make that happen he might as well be our next GM Sarcasm

406Ottawa trade rumours - Page 27 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

I don't understand your answer. I checked capgeek and the Devils have zero cap room, so, no, they cannot trade Langenbrunner for Kuba straight up.

Yeah, I meant we'd have to take on that 450K, they can't afford the cap space.

407Ottawa trade rumours - Page 27 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:53 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What about if Parise is on LTIR, can't they spend over the cap (don't know if he is though).

408Ottawa trade rumours - Page 27 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

if spector thinks it's possile it might be. (with his habit of shutting down every rumor, you have to wonder.)
OTTAWA SUN/OTTAWA CITIZEN: report Senators defenseman Chris Phillips claims he’s not distracted by rumors the club might move him at the trade deadline. Both papers suggest with younger defencemen like Jared Cowan, David Rundblad and Patrick Wiercioch ready to challenge for blueline spots next season Phillips, who’s 33 and a UFA at season’s end, might be expendable, as well as management best trade bait this season.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: Phillips has a “no-movement” clause but as the reports noted he could be of interest to playoff contenders. Not too long ago it appeared both sides wanted to negotiate a new contract extension but if the Sens are out of the playoff race by late February management might consider sweeping changes, and that might include shopping Phillips.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum