GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade

+8
SeawaySensFan
wprager
davetherave
Phoenix30
Riprock
asq2
shabbs
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade Empty RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.fanfeedr.com/nhl/2009/11/18/breaking-news-ottawa-talking-to-chicago

Don't tell me I don't scour the earth for these rumours. Ahhhhh!

SenShot has learned that General Manager Bryan Murray has held talks with Chicago Blackhawks General Manager Stan Bowman. It is unknown if the talks mean something but it may be linked to something big. The blackhawks are set to re-sign Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, and Duncan Keith to long-term contracts. This mean they have to move some bodies out if they can get under the slaary cap for next year. Rumors are saying it may be Brent Seabrook or Cam Barker. Soem are even suggestign Patrick Sharp could be on the market. I would believe Cam Barker is on Murray’s interest list because he’s the goal-scoring defenseman Ottawa desperately needs.

The return is muddy, but you would think Zee Dictator Murray would likely want to give up Alexandre Picard or Chris Campoli. Barker’s salary is approximately 3.1 mil. If you package Picard (800 K) and maybe Ryan Shannon (700 K) with some sort of draft pick, I think you’ve got a deal.

Remember, the details are sketchy, but this is what’s happening now. Let’s hope this turns out into something.

I'll tell you what's sketchy...this rumour.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Put Barker and Versteeg together in a package and you have my interest... what would Murray have to give up?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

He mentions Brent Seabrook as well? Maybe Eklund's on to something. RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade 159628

After Neil for Barker, Emery for Kopitar, the endless Bouwmeester saga, the Heatley to LA rumours, etc., I'm not going to think about this unless it actually happens.

Rumours. RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade 446794

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Put Barker and Versteeg together in a package and you have my interest... what would Murray have to give up?

Barker and Versteeg? At this stage of the year? Volchenkov and Foligno I would imagine. Plus a pick perhaps?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:He mentions Brent Seabrook as well? Maybe Eklund's on to something. RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade 159628

After Neil for Barker, Emery for Kopitar, the endless Bouwmeester saga, the Heatley to LA rumours, etc., I'm not going to think about this unless it actually happens.

The Neil for Barker made a tiny bit of sense at the time, but Emery for Kopitar was laughable.

Plus...this blogger has the spelling skills of a sixth grader.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:He mentions Brent Seabrook as well? Maybe Eklund's on to something. RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade 159628

The Neil for Barker made a tiny bit of sense at the time, but Emery for Kopitar was laughable.

Plus...this blogger has the spelling skills of a sixth grader.

I don't care about whether it makes sense or not - Bouwmeester to Ottawa makes sense. Lapointe to Ottawa did not. Accuracy is important.

Although, technically, a statement like "it's not known whether the talks mean anything, but they could be linked to something big" is accurate, because he never specifies who is linking them to something big - he's verifying his own statement by immediately plunging into names like Seabrook and Sharp.

That's why it's best to just let it wash over you. Serenity now.

Last edited by asq2 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

senshot is the source RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade 457303 lmfao no way dude RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade 62136 senshot is the #1 worst blog of them all. The guy is maybe 12 and has no clue what he's writing about. Search his archives for his original posts (the last time I was anywhere near that site), I think they should be sometime around the start of the Heatley saga. There's some ridiculous and hilarious stuff in there, no doubt.

Nice find SD RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade Icon_razz RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade 270956

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

John Jaeckel over at HBuzz did suggest there may be some conversations going on between Ottawa and Chicago.

Last edited by shabbs on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gohan wrote:senshot is the source RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade 457303 lmfao no way dude RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade 62136 senshot is the #1 worst blog of them all. The guy is maybe 12 and has no clue what he's writing about. Search his archives for his original posts (the last time I was anywhere near that site), I think they should be sometime around the start of the Heatley saga. There's some ridiculous and hilarious stuff in there, no doubt.

Nice find SD RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade Icon_razz RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade 270956

Yeah, sorry. Still, it's news of some sort.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Don't tell me I don't scour the earth for these rumours.

With this source, you scoured the earth and hit rock-bottom. RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade 159628

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

With this source, you scoured the earth and hit rock-bottom. RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade 159628

Thanks.

Crying

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

asq2 wrote:

Oh no you di-int!

shabbs wrote:John Jaeckel over at HBuzz did suggest there may be some conversations going on between Ottawa and Chicago.

A Jaeckel!! Jaeckel!! Its a Jaeckel!! It looks like a Jaeckle!!! Jaeckle!!! Jaeckle!! It looks like a Jaeckle!!! Is it a Jaeckle?!!

TIME!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade 270956 Watch a deal happen now.

RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade 235689

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Of course Ottawa and Chicago are talking - I'm sure GM's talk to each other all the time. But given the history between the two teams (Bochenski-Aranason, Havlat, Lapointe) I can imagine something could transpire.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum