GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+24
Bramlet07
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
ddt
NEELY
stempniaksen
sandysensfan
Hoags
rooneypoo
CockRoche
The Silfer Server
tim1_2
Ev
TheAvatar
PTFlea
spader
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Riprock
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:No way Toronto offer-sheets Price. And MTL would match. Gomez can always be buried.

Actually, that would be delicious !!!

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Grabs out, Colborne called up.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:No way Toronto offer-sheets Price. And MTL would match. Gomez can always be buried.

Actually, that would be delicious !!!
can you imagine the reaction of the fans if carey signed an offer sheet? they'd have no choice but to trade him after the backlash.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh. Leafs up 1-0 early. Sweet.

500Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:27 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

With Florida clinching a playoff spot last night, the Leafs officially become the ONLY NHL team to not make the playoffs since the lockout.

Congrats Leafs!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Leafs are in 5th worst by a bit of a fluke. They have the same GP, points and ROWs as the Ducks, and they beat them 5-2 in head-to-head. However since there was not an even number of games played in each home rink, that game doesn't count (even though the home team was the Ducks -- the whole idea behind even number of home games is not to give away home-ice advantage). I guess then it goes to goal differential, and Toronto is -30 while Anaheim is "only" -24.

I don't see how either team would want to try and win tomorrow -- Leafs in Montreal and Ducks in Calgary.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, Leafs do finish off in 5th last place with their loss last night vs the Habs. They will be in the lottery. Watch Anaheim win the lottery and push the Leafs down a spot, like the Devils did to the Sens.

503Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:46 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Interesting that the team that won the lottery last year (NJ) that bumped the team ahead of them (Sens) are now both in the playoffs, yet the other 3 teams (EDM, NYI, and CLB) are all basically where they were last season. Only difference is Columbus has their 1st this draft (so far).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i hope the leafs get pushed off. how much do you guys want to bet that all TSN will talk about after the playoffs is that Burke will try ad move up in the draft to grab the 1st Facepalm
I see it now, it's all clear....

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:i hope the leafs get pushed off. how much do you guys want to bet that all TSN will talk about after the playoffs is that Burke will try ad move up in the draft to grab the 1st Facepalm

I think its more likely Burke trades the pick for a 'now' player (he doesn't believe in 5 year rebuilds and he'll be in real hot water if they don't make the playoffs next year) or he goes off the board and drafts some American-born thug Laugh1

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:i hope the leafs get pushed off. how much do you guys want to bet that all TSN will talk about after the playoffs is that Burke will try ad move up in the draft to grab the 1st Facepalm

Well he has done it before, and managed to draft 1st and 2nd overall (Sedins in Vancouver). That is a lot less likely to happen now though as teams place a lot more value in top picks.

Also, not sure you could acquire the top 2 picks without gutting your team, and for one that is a backwards move and also very hard to accomplish with a salary cap.

Leafs should offer Columbus their 1st for Nash - maybe even throw in MacArthur? I dunno, just snowballing here.

Then do what Columbus has tried for the past 10 years and find a #1 center for Nash lol.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:

I think its more likely Burke trades the pick for a 'now' player (he doesn't believe in 5 year rebuilds and he'll be in real hot water if they don't make the playoffs next year) or he goes off the board and drafts some American-born thug Laugh1

Riprock wrote:

Well he has done it before, and managed to draft 1st and 2nd overall (Sedins in Vancouver). That is a lot less likely to happen now though as teams place a lot more value in top picks.

Also, not sure you could acquire the top 2 picks without gutting your team, and for one that is a backwards move and also very hard to accomplish with a salary cap.

Leafs should offer Columbus their 1st for Nash - maybe even throw in MacArthur? I dunno, just snowballing here.

Then do what Columbus has tried for the past 10 years and find a #1 center for Nash lol.

Vertigo

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Nash will go to NYR and I don't think the Leafs have the cap space for Nash.

Burke will have to find some way to dump salaries, kind of tough with no CBA for next year.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I can't see the Rangers affording Nash without giving up anything significant to make space.

4 defenceman under contract with only notable RFA being Del Zotto.

Need a back-up goalie (not a huge problem or cost).

9 signed forwards, 1 RFA (Zucarello-Aasen), 3 UFAs (Fedetenko, Prust & Mitchell). IMO, Prust ($800K) and Mats Z-A ($1.75M) are keepers.

If cost for Nash is Dubinsky + they lose a very good player who would make them all that much better w/ Nash. Dubinsky is a consistent 40 pt guy at worst.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Leafs says they are sorry... take out full page ads in the papers... apologize for sucking so badly... and setting expectations so high.

http://www.680news.com/sports/article/349896--leafs-apologize-to-fans-for-disappointing-season

Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Leafsopenletter_040912

Last edited by shabbs on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Burke presser today at 11am...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/04/09/brian_burke_press_conference_live/

Getcha popcorn ready.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Burke presser today at 11am...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/04/09/brian_burke_press_conference_live/

Getcha popcorn ready.

If they are truly committed to turning this around, Burke should be announcing his resignation. In olden days he would be coming to the presser with a sword to fall on.

So do you think he is resigning? Moving up (Peddie is retiring, isn't he)? Special adviser role? Or probably a new coaching staff, maybe new heads of scouting.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I fully expect Burke to blame everyone and everything apart from himself and the team for this season.

He'll go on about "the plan" but never really explain what "the plan" is...

Leaf fans should expect more of the same... lather, rinse and repeat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum