GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+24
Bramlet07
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
ddt
NEELY
stempniaksen
sandysensfan
Hoags
rooneypoo
CockRoche
The Silfer Server
tim1_2
Ev
TheAvatar
PTFlea
spader
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Riprock
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 67]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

The real issue about Toronto not having a single Ontarian on their NHL roster is that lots and lots and lots of hockey players are developed through the GTAHL and a lot of them grow up as Leaf fans and dream of playing for them.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If Toronto was winning... this would not even be a story...

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:If Toronto was winning... this would not even be a story...

Unpossible.

244Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:38 am

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Grabovski signs a 5 year extension...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389606

245Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:41 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:Grabovski signs a 5 year extension...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389606

5.5 schmill eh? That's a lotta cake.

246Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:41 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow....

247Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:45 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

5.5 is a ton of cash. I like Grabovski and think it's...probably a decent signing, but it's 1 million too much - and when you get into the 7 figures as 'too much' it's possible you're making a mistake.

248Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:47 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not really that bad a deal for a 28 yr old.

http://www.capgeek.com/comparables.php?player=178&season=2012

Grabovski is a pretty good player.

249Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:50 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:5.5 is a ton of cash. I like Grabovski and think it's...probably a decent signing, but it's 1 million too much - and when you get into the 7 figures as 'too much' it's possible you're making a mistake.

It's kind of like inflation though. The exact same player might have gotten 4.5 or somewhere around there and the exact same player will probably get closer to 6 next season.

250Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:55 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:5.5 is a ton of cash. I like Grabovski and think it's...probably a decent signing, but it's 1 million too much - and when you get into the 7 figures as 'too much' it's possible you're making a mistake.

It's kind of like inflation though. The exact same player might have gotten 4.5 or somewhere around there and the exact same player will probably get closer to 6 next season.

Yep. And if you consider that Grabo is to the Leafs what Plekanec is to the Habs...then the deal makes sense.

251Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:56 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Probably about right for him but unless they actually get a #1 center in there to support him they are up the creek.

252Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:15 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

What I'm hearing from my Leaf Fan friends is this: massive over payment. None too happy.

253Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:23 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:What I'm hearing from my Leaf Fan friends is this: massive over payment. None too happy.

It's 750K-1 million I would say - which isn't really the end of the world for a player like him. Plus, he actually gives a Dung and plays hard. I don't mind this signing (although again, a mil too much).

254Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:58 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That's more $ than Kessel btw.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:That's more $ than Kessel btw.

Probably a good thing considering Grabovski is a better player.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kessel signed as an RFA, that shaves off a lot of money.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:

And he'll no doubt have a 7x7 coming to him when he's a UFA...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

And he'll no doubt have a 7x7 coming to him when he's a UFA...

At least IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum