GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010

+23
CockRoche
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
Amnesia021
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
stempniaksen
SensGirl11
garblar
TheAvatar
Ev
wprager
dennycrane
PTFlea
SensHulk
shabbs
rooneypoo
beerandsens
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Carolina @ Ottawa Oct 14, 2010

GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap260%GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 60% [ 6 ]
GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap220%GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap210%GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap210%GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 15]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:I predict Leclaire gets the start.

Is it too early for the "must win" term to be used...?

Wink

Yes it's too early. :D Seriously though Leclaire has looked good for the most part and unless he implodes I think Elliott will ride the pine until perhaps the Florida game. I'm more worried about Alfie's condition personally. As for Kuba I don't expect to see him until Christmas. That guy takes forever to recover from anything.

Give the guy a break, he broke his Cussing leg. It's not like he chipped a nail.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:I predict Leclaire gets the start.

Is it too early for the "must win" term to be used...?

Wink

Yes it's too early. :D Seriously though Leclaire has looked good for the most part and unless he implodes I think Elliott will ride the pine until perhaps the Florida game. I'm more worried about Alfie's condition personally. As for Kuba I don't expect to see him until Christmas. That guy takes forever to recover from anything.

Give the guy a break, he broke his Cussing leg. It's not like he chipped a nail.

True. It just seems that you can at least double the projected recovery time for any injury Kuba sustains.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He'll be back by Nov.1st, no questions asked unless there's a setback. There's a timeline for this kind of injury, it's happened 1000s of times.

We need him, he can't get back quick enough.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Kuba is expected back mid-November.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:Kuba is expected back mid-November.

How long ago did he break his leg? 3 weeks?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tweet added: http://twitter.com/#GMHockey

Kuba can leave when a suitable replacement is promoted (Gryba, Cowen, Wiercioch). And by "suitable" I mean anyone who can be better than someone already here.

As for this game, this has got to be a gimme. Carolina is *not* a great team, I don't care what their record says. They are going to still be somewhat jet-lagged (I remember coming back from 2 weeks in France, it was about the 4th day back that it *really* hit me).

Spezza should be close to 100%. Hopefully Alfie will, as well.

Plus, they'll actually have two days to practice the powerplay!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Carolina is a good team with a stud goaltender and a lot of speed and youth. If we look down to them we will lose. We always play Dung against teams who are "not supposed to be good".

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:Carolina is a good team with a stud goaltender and a lot of speed and youth. If we look down to them we will lose. We always play Dung against teams who are "not supposed to be good".

If *we* look down on them it will make no difference at all.

Clouston can have them convinced this is the '78-79 Canadiens, for all I care. They are *not* an elite team, and we *just played* (and out played) what is arguably the best (regular season) team in the league.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Coach Paul Maurice on the Ottawa Senators:

Carolina coach Paul Maurice said the Senators are better than their record.

“They’re not an 0-2-1 team. They played a heck of a game (vs. the Capitals) and deserved to win,” said Maurice.

“They’re going back home and in the first 10 minutes they’re going to give us about all we can handle.”

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Sens definitely deserved a better fate in OT vs. the Caps but who knows how the shoot out would have went. As for the Toronto game they deserved the L on that one and finally the Buffalo game should have at least made it to OT based on Leclaire's play in goal.

So their record could have been 2-1-0 in the very best case scenario based on the play of the team with Leclaire absolutely robbing Buffalo virtually by himself.

Personally I think they're not far off of a 0-2-1 record and should be more like this - 0-1-2

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Stats Comparison added to first post. On the bright side the Canes PK is woeful so perhaps this is a chance for the Sens to get the PP some confidence?

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Peter Regin needs top 6 minutes NOW. I would put him with Jason Spezza and I would leave him there for the entire year - it'll pay off sooner than you think. Of all the players out there, he's the one who is flashing the most skill, the most tenacity on the puck (aside from the Battleship line, which kicks arse). He is also a really smart hockey player - and let's face it, the Sens need as much as that as possible out there.

Put Peter Regin on the top line please!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:Kuba is expected back mid-November.

Mid November? He suffered a setback?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

No alfie at practice this morning...... Ohnoes!

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Based on Washington's game, we'll be fine. Hopefully they continue to play that way. If we see the Cap's facing team, we'll have a great season. If we see the laughs' facing team, we're in for a rough ride.

I think the caps game is more reflective of who we are (call me homer if you wish) Smile

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:No alfie at practice this morning...... Ohnoes!

That's because Alfie does not need to practice Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Z.Smith on the top line. So no Regin there - which is a mistake.

EDIT: Mind you this is only practice.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

weird lines....I think Michalek needs to get off that first line already. Clouston must like that shannon-regin-kovalev line...it was pretty good I have to admit, but really we need that top line to threaten more.

I'd love to see this tried out if alfie can't play:

Regin-Spezza-Foligno
Michalek-Fisher-Kovalev
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil
Shannon-Winchester-Smith

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum