GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Senators vs Leafs - 7:00 -

+17
LeCaptain
spader
Riprock
Ev
Number Twenty Nine
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
shabbs
dennycrane
Hobiesens
stempniaksen
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
SensHulk
wprager
sens4win
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

136GDT: Senators vs Leafs - 7:00 -  - Page 10 Empty Re: GDT: Senators vs Leafs - 7:00 - Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:37 pm

beerandsens

Sophomore
Sophomore

Dash wrote:I didn't think the whole team sucked though. Leclaire is part of the team, and I thought he played very well. I didn't see this so called panic or late reflexes. It was like he was playing with a men's league team vs an NHL team.

Could he have played better? Yeah, he could have stopped all the shots, but that would be a lot to ask for a goalie to do when his team gives up so many scoring chances.

I don't think it was any kind of panic, but he was even quoted saying he had nerves for the first fifteen minutes or so in the loss to the Sabres. Even if he wasn't at all nervous he was kicking rebounds out to the slot, and I think he can work on that. I don't think it's a stretch to say rebound control has something to do with timing. It isn't necessarily about being late either, as comitting to a save too early can also do a goalie wrong.

In short, my point was that he is showing skill, but I still think he can be better with timing and rebounds, which I'm sure he does too.

137GDT: Senators vs Leafs - 7:00 -  - Page 10 Empty Re: GDT: Senators vs Leafs - 7:00 - Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:36 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

sens4win wrote:Spezza is making a huge difference give away = GOAL = toronto up 1-0

What a textbook start to the season for that guy. You couldn't have written a worse script for him if you tried.

138GDT: Senators vs Leafs - 7:00 -  - Page 10 Empty Re: GDT: Senators vs Leafs - 7:00 - Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:37 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

sens4win wrote:Dear Santa,

Please take karlsson off of that top pairing defence thanks.

S4W

Clearly, Kuba is sorely missed. You have to think that the pairings will be Phillips / Gonchar and Kuba / Karlsson once he returns.

139GDT: Senators vs Leafs - 7:00 -  - Page 10 Empty Re: GDT: Senators vs Leafs - 7:00 - Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:38 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
sens4win wrote:Spezza is making a huge difference give away = GOAL = toronto up 1-0

What a textbook start to the season for that guy. You couldn't have written a worse script for him if you tried.
Yeah, that was pretty incredible actually... "Here we go, over the boards... woah.... crap!!!!" Puck's in the back of the net.

140GDT: Senators vs Leafs - 7:00 -  - Page 10 Empty Re: GDT: Senators vs Leafs - 7:00 - Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:42 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

sens4win wrote:
wprager wrote:
sens4win wrote:
wprager wrote:Brent just tripped up Alfredsson -- a very obvious play, almost a slew foot. They even replayed it on CBC. Are we *ever* going to get the calls going our way?
calls going are way ???? are you crazy ??!!!??

Yeah, sorry -- what was I thinking???! I must be in Thanksgiving mode already -- visions of turkey giblets are dancing in my eyes.

Wow, Clouston is going to go ballistic, I think. This team just isn't ready. He should read them all the predictions about finishing 10-12 and ask them if they still think they were ridiculous. Someone is going to get sat or demoted.
Usually I would say lets not jump to conclusions but we are playing like garbage.. Maybe Kuba being injured is the missing piece to this puzzle.

His return will help to stabilize our backend and get our pairings sorted out, that's for sure. Karlsson is not ready to play big minutes with Phillips, Campoli should be a 5/6, and poor Brian Lee is being set up to fail, having to play on his offside.

141GDT: Senators vs Leafs - 7:00 -  - Page 10 Empty Re: GDT: Senators vs Leafs - 7:00 - Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:45 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:This is one of the most embarrassing things I've seen in a while.

Let's hope the whole team feels the same way, and responds in kind. Not even Clouston will survive long is we get a couple of months of hockey like this.

142GDT: Senators vs Leafs - 7:00 -  - Page 10 Empty Re: GDT: Senators vs Leafs - 7:00 - Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:17 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:This is one of the most embarrassing things I've seen in a while.

Let's hope the whole team feels the same way, and responds in kind. Not even Clouston will survive long is we get a couple of months of hockey like this.

Can someone explain what Clouston was thinking putting Karlsson/Lee together?

143GDT: Senators vs Leafs - 7:00 -  - Page 10 Empty Re: GDT: Senators vs Leafs - 7:00 - Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:16 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

My guess is punishing Karlsson....or sending a message to him. Hope he received it and proves something different tonight.

144GDT: Senators vs Leafs - 7:00 -  - Page 10 Empty Re: GDT: Senators vs Leafs - 7:00 - Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:24 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

He's trying to teach him to move his feet and stop being so goddamn lackadaisical out there. No better way than to throw him on a pairing that sees action against third and fourth line bruisers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum