GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Campoli: A quiet threat?

+5
Hockeyhero22000
stempniaksen
wprager
spader
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Campoli: A quiet threat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Campoli: A quiet threat? Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:10 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:If he continues at this pace, we'll have to give him #4.

Speaking of which, they handed out jerseys at practice today and #19 was a Small; my kid needs a Large, and the choices were limited -- 4 or 5. He ended up with 5. Now I need to find a well-known forward who's worn that number.

I'm assuming you want a well known forward from the recent era? Otherwise Boom Boom Geoffrion wore that number, as did Dit Clapper. (I had to look it up, I'm not some sort of Hockey jersey number almanac.)

Did find this neat website along my travels searching for the answer ( http://www.hockey-reference.com/friv/numbers.cgi?number=5&year=2007 ) where one can search the jersey number by year. In terms of forwards though, it doesn't look good. Matt Cullen wore the number for the NYR in 06-07. Former Sen Bruce Gardiner wore number 5 for the TBL in 1999-2000. Pretty sure that's it.

Although the other option is your son converts to Defense, then he can emulate the greats like Nik Lidstrom, Barret Jackman or even Brian Lee!!

17Campoli: A quiet threat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Campoli: A quiet threat? Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:19 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:
wprager wrote:If he continues at this pace, we'll have to give him #4.

Speaking of which, they handed out jerseys at practice today and #19 was a Small; my kid needs a Large, and the choices were limited -- 4 or 5. He ended up with 5. Now I need to find a well-known forward who's worn that number.

I'm assuming you want a well known forward from the recent era? Otherwise Boom Boom Geoffrion wore that number, as did Dit Clapper. (I had to look it up, I'm not some sort of Hockey jersey number almanac.)

Did find this neat website along my travels searching for the answer ( http://www.hockey-reference.com/friv/numbers.cgi?number=5&year=2007 ) where one can search the jersey number by year. In terms of forwards though, it doesn't look good. Matt Cullen wore the number for the NYR in 06-07. Former Sen Bruce Gardiner wore number 5 for the TBL in 1999-2000. Pretty sure that's it.

Although the other option is your son converts to Defense, then he can emulate the greats like Nik Lidstrom, Barret Jackman or even Brian Lee!!

How could you sully Brian Lee's name by associating him with those has-beens Lidstrom and Jackman?

18Campoli: A quiet threat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Campoli: A quiet threat? Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:30 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

He played a few shifts on D in the sort-outs. I get a smile just remembering that. Although, to be fair, he did get better by the 3rd or 4th time out there. Since he only started hockey last year, skating is the weakest part of his game, and you can't play D if you're not a good skater.

19Campoli: A quiet threat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Campoli: A quiet threat? Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:36 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:He played a few shifts on D in the sort-outs. I get a smile just remembering that. Although, to be fair, he did get better by the 3rd or 4th time out there. Since he only started hockey last year, skating is the weakest part of his game, and you can't play D if you're not a good skater.

David Hale can.

20Campoli: A quiet threat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Campoli: A quiet threat? Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:37 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CockRoche wrote:
wprager wrote:He played a few shifts on D in the sort-outs. I get a smile just remembering that. Although, to be fair, he did get better by the 3rd or 4th time out there. Since he only started hockey last year, skating is the weakest part of his game, and you can't play D if you're not a good skater.

David Hale can.

Hey-oooooooo!

21Campoli: A quiet threat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Campoli: A quiet threat? Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Campoli: A quiet threat? - Page 2 164414

22Campoli: A quiet threat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Campoli: A quiet threat? Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:46 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Interesting fact: David Hale is the great-grandson of Hollywood's Alan "The Skipper" Hale, Jr.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum