GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Preseason Game # 8 - NYR @ Sens (Rogers-22)

+11
Flo The Action
dennycrane
The Silfer Server
Ev
Hoags
Hockeyhero22000
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
PTFlea
wprager
spader
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

bad bad game for leclaire. His flaws have been pointed out already, but he did have a good 3rd period.....right? As clouston said, that's something to build on. I hope he can, because his flipping and flopping around was just awful last night. He looked worse than lalime handling the puck. Sens brought in a goaltending coach catered to his needs, so he better start performing now.

All pre-season long, all goalies played full games, so theĀ„ got plenty of game action. But Leclaire should think about how a team victory with two separate hat tricks is overshadowed by atrocious goaltending?! that's how bad it was indeed yesterday.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:No I think Leclaire should forget about (except maybe that blunder behind the net).

If he starts dwelling on past games he's going to mentally fall apart.

Walmsley certainly has his work cut out to work him this year. No reason to worry about Elliott just yet either, he's had bad games before and always seemed to bounce back.

We'll have to see who gets the start on Friday. Clouston will be watching these 2 like a hawk to see who's more focused.

Elliott all the way IMO.

no, IMO i think we have to get leclaire on a roll. it's way to early and we are already crucifying him. seriously this kind of discourse is way to premature. like i said 8 to 10 games in the season maybe start sounding the alarm if it's terrible.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Season rests on Wamsley imo.

He's gotta get these guys ready for the season.

Not sure how much into last night game's as Biron was awful as well.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Season rests on Wamsley imo.

He's gotta get these guys ready for the season.

Not sure how much into last night game's as Biron was awful as well.
you're right wamsley has to get leclaire focused and get him to stay positioned. i as watching the highlights from last night and many of those goals against leclaire were just stupid mistakes or him being out of position. the good news is i'm not aure i would count them as major flaws. it's not like he can't block the right hand corner or something. wamsley 's got to drive him into his thick skull "stay in your Cussing net"

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Yeah, Neil got the "cow bell" -- never heard that term, but that's what Millard called it in one of his tweets. I have no idea what happened to Michalek.

That was one *UGLY* game. We get goaltending like that against #1 goalies and, well, teams will start playing their backups against us like two years ago.

Actually, I was re-watching and Neil went awkwardly into the boards trying to throw a check behind the goal; he limped off the ice and had to be helped down the hallway to the dressing room.

Sophomore
Sophomore

leclaire simply moves around wayyyyyy too much in net. He is very athletic and has a great glove hand-if the goal coach can get him to stay in his net a little more and stop with the flopping around we may stand a chance.

Elliott is the exact oposite- he stays in net but lacks the pure athletisism and quick hands.

On a side note if there is anyway for us to pick up o'brien since vancouver waived him I am all for it. He is big and strong and likes to block shots-plus Murray drafted him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Agreed, I really like O'Brien. He is a bti of a headcase sometimes but we could still use a guy like that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

On re-entry at 800k, but not at 1.6 - although he was drafted by Murray. Is he from Ottawa? Ahhhhh!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

According to HockeyDB he is from Port Hope, ON. Just a few hours West on the 401.

Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:On re-entry at 800k, but not at 1.6 - although he was drafted by Murray. Is he from Ottawa? Ahhhhh!

Port hope, ON
6'3 225lbs

get him for 800k, and send Hale down.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

O'brien is a headcase, we don't need any of that here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum