GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Preseason Game # 8 - NYR @ Sens (Rogers-22)

+11
Flo The Action
dennycrane
The Silfer Server
Ev
Hoags
Hockeyhero22000
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
PTFlea
wprager
spader
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
CockRoche wrote:What a terrible game. Ottawa boasts an almost complete lineup; the Rangers sit 9 key players and we barely squeak by.

I'm not going to harp on it, but we are in big trouble if we don't get even average goaltending this season. Leclaire can't provide that and even if he can play average, he will get hurt. That leaves Elliott, who can do the job above average, but also means we will need to call a goalie up from the AHL.

Which means...

the bigger picture now is, and another huge reason I was hoping Lehner would go back to Junior, but Lehner will most likely see NHL action this season. If he went to Junior, he couldn't be recalled. Now he can be since it's looking like he has played his way into the AHL.

All bets are off with Lehner now and that sucks.

EDIT: that post is all over the place and very scattered. A lot on my mind right now, meh.
i don't know, maybe my french-canadian mind can capture all that but it's all clear to me.

i agree there's alot more question marks with leclaire then answers but i still think we have to roll with him a bit to get a clear picture. he's played what 3 games? let's see after 8-10 games. it might be a different story then.

Oh forsure, we have to roll with him, but let's not forget we have had enough of a sample size to gauge Leclaire and his abilities. He is not a rookie afterall.

My mind is not focused on Leclaire, he is dead to me. It is Lehner I am worried about now, becuase of Leclaire.

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:after our preseason Kelly spezza and foligno all tie with 4 goals for the sens lead and campoli (2g 6A)and spezza(4g 4A) for the points lead with 8 and campoli had the most assists with 6
campoli could be gold this year. especialy if injuries to karlsson or campoli occur. i think he's figured he's got to prove himself this year.

Campoli will be gold, I think I said that 2 months ago when I reminded SpezDispenser that Campoli played all last season with his hernia issues.

Kuba makes a big difference to when he comes back. Our D is solid top to bottom, very solid.

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:Lehner can't arrive soon enough!

Oh yes he can.

Please no!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:It's gotta be the middle of the night, where you are.

Oh, ya. About that. I just haven't changed my profile info since I got back. I'm in Ottawa now. Good call though.

How far South? Katimavik, Bridlewood, Emerald Meadows or Richmod?

Barrhaven

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ugh Leclaire was terrible he's Gerber 2.0... he played like an amateur at times. Bad rebound, letting the puck squeak through him and that blunder behind the net.

What is his problem ? It's like he feels strongly compelled to ensure we don't hold a lead and decides to mess up one way or another.

And yes I worry that the Sens will do something with Lehner if Leclaire and Elliott flop.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CockRoche wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Lehner can't arrive soon enough!

Oh yes he can.

Please no!

I meant next year...but who knows, Lehner could become a Steve Mason and play much earlier than expected.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:It's gotta be the middle of the night, where you are.

Oh, ya. About that. I just haven't changed my profile info since I got back. I'm in Ottawa now. Good call though.

How far South? Katimavik, Bridlewood, Emerald Meadows or Richmod?

Barrhaven

Huh? I thought it read "Kanata (South)". Sorry, I'm wearing my old glasses after losing my nearly brand new ones in the ocean.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Ugh Leclaire was terrible he's Gerber 2.0... he played like an amateur at times. Bad rebound, letting the puck squeak through him and that blunder behind the net.

What is his problem ? It's like he feels strongly compelled to ensure we don't hold a lead and decides to mess up one way or another.

And yes I worry that the Sens will do something with Lehner if Leclaire and Elliott flop.

That blunder was horrible puck handling skills. For some reason I thought Leclaire was actually good with the puck. For contrast, see that pass Biron made on his assist. Wow, I didn't know he could shoot it that far, with that much accuracy. Oh, forget that -- I didn't know he could shoot it that far!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

From Leclaire:

"It wasn't that good," is how Leclaire rated his performance.

No guff.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:From Leclaire:

"It wasn't that good," is how Leclaire rated his performance.

No guff.

He also said something like he's just got to forget that and move on.

I like it when a goalie says that, and then actually moves one -- as in, does not repeat the same mistakes in the next game, and the one after that. At this point, with Leclaire, I'm thinking maybe he *should* dwell on it, a little. Let it sink in. This is his contract year. He should take note of Gerber (waived and sent to the AHL) and Emery (exiled to Mytishi, and now without a contract).

If forgetting about it and moving on is not working, by all means *do* crucify yourself.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

No I think Leclaire should forget about (except maybe that blunder behind the net).

If he starts dwelling on past games he's going to mentally fall apart.

Walmsley certainly has his work cut out to work him this year. No reason to worry about Elliott just yet either, he's had bad games before and always seemed to bounce back.

We'll have to see who gets the start on Friday. Clouston will be watching these 2 like a hawk to see who's more focused.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'd rather our team and all of its components, or individuals, perform poorly now and not in the regular season and post-season. Get it all out of the way now. There's 82+ games that are more important.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:No I think Leclaire should forget about (except maybe that blunder behind the net).

Walmsley certainly has his work cut out to work him this year. No reason to worry about Elliott just yet either, he's had bad games before and always seemed to bounce back.

We'll have to see who gets the start on Friday. Clouston will be watching these 2 like a hawk to see who's more focused.

Elliott all the way IMO.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Elliott all the way IMO.

All things being equal, we know Clouston will favor Elliott

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:No I think Leclaire should forget about (except maybe that blunder behind the net).

Elliott all the way IMO.

My vote is for neither!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

bad bad game for leclaire. His flaws have been pointed out already, but he did have a good 3rd period.....right? As clouston said, that's something to build on. I hope he can, because his flipping and flopping around was just awful last night. He looked worse than lalime handling the puck. Sens brought in a goaltending coach catered to his needs, so he better start performing now.

All pre-season long, all goalies played full games, so theĀ„ got plenty of game action. But Leclaire should think about how a team victory with two separate hat tricks is overshadowed by atrocious goaltending?! that's how bad it was indeed yesterday.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

Elliott all the way IMO.

no, IMO i think we have to get leclaire on a roll. it's way to early and we are already crucifying him. seriously this kind of discourse is way to premature. like i said 8 to 10 games in the season maybe start sounding the alarm if it's terrible.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Season rests on Wamsley imo.

He's gotta get these guys ready for the season.

Not sure how much into last night game's as Biron was awful as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum