GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Preseason Game # 8 - NYR @ Sens (Rogers-22)

+11
Flo The Action
dennycrane
The Silfer Server
Ev
Hoags
Hockeyhero22000
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
PTFlea
wprager
spader
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Eyebrow

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There is now.

Game is on Rogers-22 for those in the Ottawa area. Also likely on atdhe.net (as last night's game, which was also on MSG, was on). Whoever finds the direct link first, please post it.

For the second game in a row the Sens fell behind 0-2, came back to take a 3-2 lead, only to lose the game to a team wearing blue and white; this time with a little red trim. The game was tied 4-4 in regulation, thanks to Ryan Shannon's back-checking and stopping what likely would have been a GWG less than a foot from the goal-line. Not sure what Shannon was doing out in the last minute of a tie game but, whatever, it worked out.

Overtime was quite adventurous as well, with both teams getting chances to win it. With seconds to go, the Sens had a 3-on-1, but Alfie's shot went off the cross-bar. Alfie got his in the shootout with an awesome move -- I think the NHL should check his birth certificate again -- there's no way 38-year-old hips can move like that. Alas, that was the only goal the Sens got in the shootout, while the Rangers put two by Elliott for the win. Hmm, maybe Clouston should have put out Shannon as the third shooter, instead of Regin.

From yesterday's GDT:
Dash wrote:
From the Senators Facebook/Twitter page:

Ottawa Senators ‎#Sens defence pairs for tonight: Phillips-Karlsson, Campoli-Gonchar, Hale-Carkner. Leclaire expected to play 60 minutes in goal.

Ottawa Senators ‎#Sens lines against Rangers (subject to change): Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson, Foligno-Fisher-Kovalev, Ruutu-Kelly-Neil, Regin-Smith-Shannon.

This is the closest we'll get to the regular season starting lineup. The only question mark there is Hale, on defense. Lee is or third rightie (Hale shoot left), and has played well, so I fully expect him to be in the lineup opening night. I think tonight may be Hale's audition for being the first call-up, as Cowen and Wiercioch need more seasoning/strength, respectively.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is TSN doing IceChips this year? My old link has June 9 info. They *do* have a Sens/Rangers Ice Chips link on the front page, but it's a video clip.

Sorry, it's a just a javascript link and I can't find the media file. Just go here and find it in the right-hand side navigation panel: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So I guess Fisher's good to go?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ottawa Senators ‎#Sens defence pairs for tonight: Phillips-Karlsson, Campoli-Gonchar, Hale-Carkner. Leclaire expected to play 60 minutes in goal.

Ottawa Senators ‎#Sens lines against Rangers (subject to change): Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson, Foligno-Fisher-Kovalev, Ruutu-Kelly-Neil, Regin-Smith-Shannon.

^From Dash's post.

I like this, this is a good barometer for us tonight. Just missing Winchester and potentially Lee, but getting Shannon in there again tonight is nice. He was good from what I saw last night.

Let's see how the D holds up and let's us how Leclaire holds up.

Should be a steady game for us, really nice attack for the most part. I'm quite excited. Ahhhhh!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Shannon definitely impressed last night. Hope he makes it tough on them to decide. Nothing like having too many NHL caliber players on the team.

Thanks for the GDT Prag's

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Is TSN doing IceChips this year? My old link has June 9 info. They *do* have a Sens/Rangers Ice Chips link on the front page, but it's a video clip.

Sorry, it's a just a javascript link and I can't find the media file. Just go here and find it in the right-hand side navigation panel: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/
New link for TSN's Ice Chips:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Shannon definitely impressed last night. Hope he makes it tough on them to decide. Nothing like having too many NHL caliber players on the team.

Thanks for the GDT Prag's

I just edited your "There's no GDT?" thread first post Smile Which explains the "There is now" reply.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ya, I figured.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's gotta be the middle of the night, where you are.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Is this game being televised?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Is this game being televised?

Where's Morrisburg? You got the internet there?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here ya go:

http://atdhe.net/24536/watch-new-york-rangers-vs-ottawa-senators

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Seriously, Morrisburg is not too far from Ottawa -- do you have Rogers-22 there?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Seriously, Morrisburg is not too far from Ottawa -- do you have Rogers-22 there?

We have Eastlink!

I have Bell, so I'll catch the game on Centre Ice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum