GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Preseason Game # 7 - Sens @ NYR - 7pm

+14
CockRoche
PTFlea
sens4win
dennycrane
SensHulk
PKC
Flo The Action
Hoags
Ev
shabbs
Amnesia021
wprager
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

sens4win wrote:Trade Elliot keep Leclaire and Lehner. Problem solved ThumbsUp

Hmmm. I rather keep Elliott right now. Trade Leclaire and Cowen for Vokoun and Ellerby. Sign Vokoun to an extension and trade Elliott at the deadline and bring Lehner up then. Problem solved.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

This is leclaire's shot tonight to basicall solidify his role as starter for opening night. Elliott had a so-so game (he started off extremely well in the first period, then just fell apart like the team). If he puts up a stinker tonight, then I wouldn't be surprised if elliott starts next friday.

btw, 6 days till opening day!!!! Ahhhhh!

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

From the Senators Facebook/Twitter page:

Ottawa Senators ‎#Sens defence pairs for tonight: Phillips-Karlsson, Campoli-Gonchar, Hale-Carkner. Leclaire expected to play 60 minutes in goal.

Ottawa Senators ‎#Sens lines against Rangers (subject to change): Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson, Foligno-Fisher-Kovalev, Ruutu-Kelly-Neil, Regin-Smith-Shannon.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:Hey, Shabbs, who's that in your avatar? I want to say Darryl, but if that's Craig Robinson, he's put on a few.
It be Craig, it's a pic from the movie "Hot Tub Time Machine"... which is an awesome movie btw.

His character on The Office is Darryl.
Ahhh... yes, they are one and the same.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:From the Senators Facebook/Twitter page:

Ottawa Senators ‎#Sens defence pairs for tonight: Phillips-Karlsson, Campoli-Gonchar, Hale-Carkner. Leclaire expected to play 60 minutes in goal.

Ottawa Senators ‎#Sens lines against Rangers (subject to change): Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson, Foligno-Fisher-Kovalev, Ruutu-Kelly-Neil, Regin-Smith-Shannon.

Looks like the regular season lineup. I'm shocked that Weircioch isn't in this game quite frankly. With this I think its clear that Butler and Weircioch will also be sent to Bingo camp, which is a good thing. I also hate the idea of Regin being on the 4th line, but that 3rd line has been tremendous. what can you say?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:I know it sounds insane but Lehner is better than both Elliott and Leclaire right now...too bad we won't play him though.

I think we should recall that if you travelled back about three years you'd find the exact same comments, except replacing Lehner with Elliott and Elliott and Leclaire with Emery and Gerber.

Almost every goalie's going to have growing pains. Neither Elliott, 25, nor Leclaire, 27, are finished products. A good as Lehner is, I have trouble imagining that over a full season in the NHL he'd be, at 19, such a dramatic improvement over our other two guys that it'd be worth it for us to not develop him more thoroughly.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:
Big Ev wrote:It's one game, settle down. If they thought he would get a 9 game tryout then this game wouldn't change that.

It might be one game. But it's consecutive games now (that I've watched, haven't been able to catch the previous games he played) where he's been out of position, way off with his timing and downright lost sometimes.

It's one thing for the team to be excited about his future, but this isn't a rebuilding hockey club and the goal is to still win hockey games by putting the best combination of guys out on the ice.

To me, if Cowen's relatively poor play is a direct result of two goals against in the season, you could potentially be looking at 2 losses.

Yeah I'm not saying I want him here for 9 games, but if the Sens already knew they were gonna give him the tryout (which we don't know if they did or not) I don't think their decision would have changed based on last night. He looked bad on the Staal goal, but other than that there wasn't much he could've done on the other goals he was on the ice for.

Now, Marc Staal, there's a guy we could use Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We could use Jared Cowen circa 2013 right now.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michallica wrote:
Dash wrote:From the Senators Facebook/Twitter page:

Looks like the regular season lineup. I'm shocked that Weircioch isn't in this game quite frankly. With this I think its clear that Butler and Weircioch will also be sent to Bingo camp, which is a good thing. I also hate the idea of Regin being on the 4th line, but that 3rd line has been tremendous. what can you say?
Hale's got the NHL experience that the other kids lack... this may be his last shot to show something... I've always thought Hale may be the one to stick up with the big boys to start due to his NHL experience... we'll see...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum