GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Preseason Game # 7 - Sens @ NYR - 7pm

+14
CockRoche
PTFlea
sens4win
dennycrane
SensHulk
PKC
Flo The Action
Hoags
Ev
shabbs
Amnesia021
wprager
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

dennycrane wrote:I haven't seen much of the pre-season, but if I didn't know the names that go with the numbers, my question would be 'why haven't they shipped out #2 yet'? He will be good but he is not ready for prime time.

I agree. And that's not a knock against him, it's just a fact and the way most prospects progress. Especially the ones that don't have the speed to hang right off the bat.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hey, Shabbs, who's that in your avatar? I want to say Darryl, but if that's Craig Robinson, he's put on a few.

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

In Cowen's case, he has also had illness and injury that have derailed him a bit. It's a shame he can't go to the AHL.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

To say nothing of mono.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I just watched the post game from Tortorella and the Rangers players on MSG. Can we trade the Ottawa journalists for the NY ones?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Are you guys aware that Campoli has 8 points in 4 games GDT: Preseason Game # 7 - Sens @ NYR - 7pm - Page 6 979131

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:Are you guys aware that Campoli has 8 points in 4 games GDT: Preseason Game # 7 - Sens @ NYR - 7pm - Page 6 979131

Yeah, I was just coming here to say that. I was listening to the post-game thing and they said he was leading the NHL is pre-season points with 8 in 4. That's not too shabby... Shocked!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i don't like losing Comfort

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I know it sounds insane but Lehner is better than both Elliott and Leclaire right now...too bad we won't play him though.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Hey, Shabbs, who's that in your avatar? I want to say Darryl, but if that's Craig Robinson, he's put on a few.
It be Craig, it's a pic from the movie "Hot Tub Time Machine"... which is an awesome movie btw.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

anyone know if tonight's game is televised?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:Hey, Shabbs, who's that in your avatar? I want to say Darryl, but if that's Craig Robinson, he's put on a few.
It be Craig, it's a pic from the movie "Hot Tub Time Machine"... which is an awesome movie btw.

His character on The Office is Darryl.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:It's one game, settle down. If they thought he would get a 9 game tryout then this game wouldn't change that.

It might be one game. But it's consecutive games now (that I've watched, haven't been able to catch the previous games he played) where he's been out of position, way off with his timing and downright lost sometimes.

It's one thing for the team to be excited about his future, but this isn't a rebuilding hockey club and the goal is to still win hockey games by putting the best combination of guys out on the ice.

To me, if Cowen's relatively poor play is a direct result of two goals against in the season, you could potentially be looking at 2 losses.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:Are you guys aware that Campoli has 8 points in 4 games GDT: Preseason Game # 7 - Sens @ NYR - 7pm - Page 6 979131

Yeah, I was just coming here to say that. I was listening to the post-game thing and they said he was leading the NHL is pre-season points with 8 in 4. That's not too shabby... Shocked!

So impressed with him. He's gonna have a lot to prove in the first 10-12 games of the season while Kuba's out. If he can show the team that he can be a consistent top 4 defenseman, like he has so far (him and Karlsson have been the best defensemen every time I've seen them play) he's going to force their hand when Kuba gets back.

I also gotta say how happy I am to see Brian Lee flourishing. He seems stronger, more determined and more aware mentally. It's been hard defending the kid because of his age all this time, but I hope he vindicates some of us who still saw lots of potential in him.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Trade Elliot keep Leclaire and Lehner. Problem solved ThumbsUp

sens4win wrote:Trade Elliot keep Leclaire and Lehner. Problem solved ThumbsUp

Hmmm. I rather keep Elliott right now. Trade Leclaire and Cowen for Vokoun and Ellerby. Sign Vokoun to an extension and trade Elliott at the deadline and bring Lehner up then. Problem solved.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

This is leclaire's shot tonight to basicall solidify his role as starter for opening night. Elliott had a so-so game (he started off extremely well in the first period, then just fell apart like the team). If he puts up a stinker tonight, then I wouldn't be surprised if elliott starts next friday.

btw, 6 days till opening day!!!! Ahhhhh!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

From the Senators Facebook/Twitter page:

Ottawa Senators ‎#Sens defence pairs for tonight: Phillips-Karlsson, Campoli-Gonchar, Hale-Carkner. Leclaire expected to play 60 minutes in goal.

Ottawa Senators ‎#Sens lines against Rangers (subject to change): Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson, Foligno-Fisher-Kovalev, Ruutu-Kelly-Neil, Regin-Smith-Shannon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum