GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-Season GM#2: OTT @ TOR (9/22/10 @ 7pm ET)

+22
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
sens4win
wprager
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
Flo The Action
SensGirl11
Ev
Hoags
Amnesia021
Hobiesens
dennycrane
SensHulk
ddt
shabbs
PKC
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Riprock
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 11]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:What's up with Gryba???

I'm curious as well.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sportsnet Preview:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/09/22/senators_leafs_preview/

SpezDispenser wrote:
ddt wrote:I saw this on SensChirp. If that's indeed the lineup, we should get a good look at our three top offensive propects (Wick, Hoffman and Butler)

Erik Karlsson, Peter Regin, and Patrick Wiercioch will all suit up for the Sens this evening. Eric Gryba will once again be absent from the Sens line up.

Foligno-Winchester-Ruutu
Regin-Smith-Shannon
Wick-Hoffman-Butler
O'Brien-Bass-Lessard

Cowen-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Hale
Benoit-Lee

Wow, Foligno playing again? Winchester, Smith, Regin....oh man....Wick-Hoffman-Butler. Gonna see some young guys.

I'm not really surprised that Foligno is playing again. With Murray's statements regarding how Kovalev is a 'complimentary' player, I wouldn't be shocked to see his role be downplayed to 3rd line duties with a lot of Powerplay time. Management is probably assessing whether or not Foligno is capable of playing top-six duties consistently, especially in tougher situations like tonight. Same can be said about Smith and Winchester who I believe are battling for 4th line center duties.

Lines to begin the season could very well be:

Regin-Spezza-Alfredsson
Foligno-Fisher-Michalek
Butler-Kelly-Kovalev
Ruttu-Winnie/Smith-Neil

All of Alfredsson, Michalek, and Kovalev will be in their natural positions, our top line has a finisher in Regin, our second line is probably the best two-way line in hockey, our third line has a potential up and coming player an older playmaker and a defensively conscience forward, and our fourth line is virtually the same as last year with the addition of Winnie/Smith.

Those look like really solid lines to me. Does anyone disagree?

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Gryba was probably one of the 18 players that didn't make the trip.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalfie wrote:
I'm not really surprised that Foligno is playing again. With Murray's statements regarding how Kovalev is a 'complimentary' player, I wouldn't be shocked to see his role be downplayed to 3rd line duties with a lot of Powerplay time. Management is probably assessing whether or not Foligno is capable of playing top-six duties consistently, especially in tougher situations like tonight. Same can be said about Smith and Winchester who I believe are battling for 4th line center duties.

Regin-Spezza-Alfredsson
Foligno-Fisher-Michalek
Butler-Kelly-Kovalev
Ruttu-Winnie/Smith-Neil

All of Alfredsson, Michalek, and Kovalev will be in their natural positions, our top line has a finisher in Regin, our second line is probably the best two-way line in hockey, our third line has a potential up and coming player an older playmaker and a defensively conscience forward, and our fourth line is virtually the same as last year with the addition of Winnie/Smith.

I disagree only in that Kovalev will be given every opportunity on Fisher's wing - and likely won't be moved from there. Regin and Fisher both credit Kovalev with a lot of their success last year, so Kovalev isn't a waste of space or anything. If anything we can all really hope that he has one final hurrah before riding off into the sunset or whatever - and maybe plants 25+ goals in.

I think this is a wonderful opportunity for Foligno to show that he's ready to step into the top six when there's an injury - especially as he plays C as well.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I just picked up my tickets for tonight's game. I'm glad to get to see Karlsson and was hoping to see Gryba.
I'm bringing my son to his first NHL game, luckily he's young enough that he won't realize we're missing most of our best players.

Hopefully Foligno is at his best again tonight. He's making a push for the top 6.

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

Kovalfie wrote:

Regin-Spezza-Alfredsson
Foligno-Fisher-Michalek
Butler-Kelly-Kovalev
Ruttu-Winnie/Smith-Neil

I really like those lines, especially when you consider that in today's NHL the top 6 really needs to be the top 9. Thats really 4 lines that can score. 2 from quick puck control, 1 from transition, and 1 from good 'ole grinding.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Hobiesens wrote:I just picked up my tickets for tonight's game. I'm glad to get to see Karlsson and was hoping to see Gryba.
I'm bringing my son to his first NHL game, luckily he's young enough that he won't realize we're missing most of our best players.

Hopefully Foligno is at his best again tonight. He's making a push for the top 6.

Very cool TwoThumbsUp! Great father-son bonding time and I'm sure it will be memorable for both. I remember going to my first NHL game with my dad, but I honestly can't remember it that much lol. All I remember is that it was a school night, and the sens were losing by a few (2-3 I think), so to beat the rush and get me home early, we left sometime in the 3rd. When we got to the car we turned on the radio and the Sens scored. Then they scored again.... then again lol. Not sure the outcome, and I think it was either a regular season opener or a pre-season game. It would have been late 90's probably. I think it was still in the Yashin and Daigle era.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Hopefully Hoffman can do more this game.

I noticed Clouston using him on the point during the PP.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Hopefully Hoffman can do more this game.

I noticed Clouston using him on the point during the PP.

Yeah that seemed to be his spot on the PP on his junior team too (based on videos watched on Youtube).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:

Regin-Spezza-Alfredsson
Foligno-Fisher-Michalek
Butler-Kelly-Kovalev
Ruttu-Winnie/Smith-Neil

I disagree only in that Kovalev will be given every opportunity on Fisher's wing - and likely won't be moved from there. Regin and Fisher both credit Kovalev with a lot of their success last year, so Kovalev isn't a waste of space or anything. If anything we can all really hope that he has one final hurrah before riding off into the sunset or whatever - and maybe plants 25+ goals in.

I think this is a wonderful opportunity for Foligno to show that he's ready to step into the top six when there's an injury - especially as he plays C as well.
Don't forget Shannon...

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

2h52 minutes to puck drop!!!! Pre-Season GM#2: OTT @ TOR (9/22/10 @ 7pm ET) - Page 3 805406

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Dash wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:I just picked up my tickets for tonight's game. I'm glad to get to see Karlsson and was hoping to see Gryba.

Very cool TwoThumbsUp! Great father-son bonding time and I'm sure it will be memorable for both. I remember going to my first NHL game with my dad, but I honestly can't remember it that much lol. All I remember is that it was a school night, and the sens were losing by a few (2-3 I think), so to beat the rush and get me home early, we left sometime in the 3rd. When we got to the car we turned on the radio and the Sens scored. Then they scored again.... then again lol. Not sure the outcome, and I think it was either a regular season opener or a pre-season game. It would have been late 90's probably. I think it was still in the Yashin and Daigle era.

I remember growing up in Ottawa, my dad taking me to a Habs game, it was against the Oilers and Gretzky himself. My son is young, but as you know Dash, living in the GTA tickets are pretty rare and against the Sens I could not say no. I had a huge rush of joy telling him last night that he would be watching the Sens live tonight. He wanted to wear his Sens shirt to school but he has to wear a uniform!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I've only been in Brampton 2 years, and other than those 2 years I spent the remaining 24 in Ottawa. I've never been to the ACC for a hockey game, but I do know how expensive it is is if you are able to get tickets. Most of the people I know that have gone to games is usually because they get free tickets from corporate sponsors.

That's a brave kid you got there wanting to wear his Sens garb in the Toronto area lol. Good for him. Hope the Sens make you guys cheer a lot.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think shabbs said it best when he said: "Don't forget Shannon..."

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hope i can fin a good feed tonight Facepalm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Pumped to watch Regin, Karlsson and Wiercioch tonight. A serious injection of skill. Cool

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

anyone know somewhere online i can see this just had huricane igor hit us here in st johns lost power since yesterday got that back but cable isn't working yet

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum