GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-Season GM#2: OTT @ TOR (9/22/10 @ 7pm ET)

+22
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
sens4win
wprager
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
Flo The Action
SensGirl11
Ev
Hoags
Amnesia021
Hobiesens
dennycrane
SensHulk
ddt
shabbs
PKC
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Riprock
26 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - Ottawa (1-0-0-0) @ Toronto (0-1-0-0)
Start time: 7 PM ET
TV: TSN

Just 24 hrs after kicking off the pre-season and laying a 5-0 smackdown on the Maple Leafs, the Ottawa Senators and Toronto Maple Leafs will be right back at it, in the conclusion of a two-part, back-to-back series at the Air Canada Centre.

The teams for tonight might be the same, but the players will be different, as both teams will try different combinations, giving some fresh faces some looks, and for the Leafs, hoping to get things going.

The Leafs loss was not without effort, however. Despite a slow start seeing them out-shot heavily, (something like) 11-1, they came on strong in the 2nd, spending the first 6 minutes of the 2nd on the Power-Play, including two 5-on-3's.

In the end, it was the shakiness of an NHL led Leafs team, the explosive offensive outburst by a hungry Sens squad, and the phenomenal goaltending effort by one Robin Lehner, that made the difference.

The goal scorers from the Ottawa Senators last night:
Chris Neil (OTT) - 3 pts (1G, 2A)
Corey Locke - 2 pts (1G, 1A)
Jesse Winchester - (1G)
Nick Foligno - (1G)
Chris Kelly -

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

By process of elimination, tonight should be:

Ruutu - Regin - Daugavins
Condra -Greening - __________
Cowick - O'Brien - Bailey
Dziurzynski - Bass - Lessard

Wiercioch - Gryba
Kinrade - Karlsson
Schira - D. Smith

Elliott

That's my guess.

I'm missing one forward - can't think of who it would be. Suggest Hoffman, Wick or Butler draws back in after not seeing much action in yesterday's penalty filled game.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This was supposed to go here:

Probably Wick since he has had no game action (Rookie Tournament).

We need to see this guy. Last night we saw flashes. Particularly a good forecheck near the end where he outmuscled some Leafs behind their net.

Shrug

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:This was supposed to go here:

We need to see this guy. Last night we saw flashes. Particularly a good forecheck near the end where he outmuscled some Leafs behind their net.

Shrug

Yeah, I would want to see Wick, Butler and Hoffman again ASAP, one of the three might fit that open spot (again, unless I'm forgetting someone).

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:This was supposed to go here:

Shrug

Yeah, I would want to see Wick, Butler and Hoffman again ASAP, one of the three might fit that open spot (again, unless I'm forgetting someone).

If Shannon plays like he did last night, I'm afraid he's done in Ottawa. He was even losing foot races.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
If Shannon plays like he did last night, I'm afraid he's done in Ottawa. He was even losing foot races.

I thought he was really good, I thought he had the Leafs on their heels every time he was on the ice. I dunno, maybe I'm programmed to like the little guy. Shrug

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I thought he was really good, I thought he had the Leafs on their heels every time he was on the ice. I dunno, maybe I'm programmed to like the little guy. Shrug

He came out flying for sure but I found that he lost a step as the game wore on. He just can't afford to have a guy like Locke look better than him is what I'm saying.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

There's no denying that Lehner had a brilliant performance, and I don't think it could have been scripted any better. I think a lot of people were proclaiming him the #1 undisputed starter in Ottawa, but the morning after, as amazing as he was, it's a huge performance to follow. Anything less than spectacular could be detrimental, and the expectations might be too high. And with two NHL goalies already under contract and likely not being moved anytime or anyway, we might as well play it out as is.

Once again, way to go Robin. TwoThumbsUp!

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:There's no denying that Lehner had a brilliant performance, and I don't think it could have been scripted any better. I think a lot of people were proclaiming him the #1 undisputed starter in Ottawa, but the morning after, as amazing as he was, it's a huge performance to follow. Anything less than spectacular could be detrimental, and the expectations might be too high. And with two NHL goalies already under contract and likely not being moved anytime or anyway, we might as well play it out as is.

Once again, way to go Robin. TwoThumbsUp!

He looked huge last night. As in physically. That guy must be tipping the scales at NFL size.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

240 pounds apparently.

The thing I loved the most was the look in his eyes all night. So focused, so ready. Cuss yeah, I love this kid.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Same again tonight boys.

Thanks!

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

I saw this on SensChirp. If that's indeed the lineup, we should get a good look at our three top offensive propects (Wick, Hoffman and Butler)

Erik Karlsson, Peter Regin, and Patrick Wiercioch will all suit up for the Sens this evening. Eric Gryba will once again be absent from the Sens line up.

Foligno-Winchester-Ruutu
Regin-Smith-Shannon
Wick-Hoffman-Butler
O'Brien-Bass-Lessard

Cowen-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Hale
Benoit-Lee

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

When I met him, he said he was, IIRC, 6'3"-6'4", 230ish. Big boy.

He was intense last night for sure. Did you see him mixing it up with Brown when Brown and Cowen were battling in front? Awesome.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:When I met him, he said he was, IIRC, 6'3"-6'4", 230ish. Big boy.

He was intense last night for sure. Did you see him mixing it up with Brown when Brown and Cowen were battling in front? Awesome.

I love you He, Cowen, Karlsson...bright future.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ddt wrote:I saw this on SensChirp. If that's indeed the lineup, we should get a good look at our three top offensive propects (Wick, Hoffman and Butler)

Erik Karlsson, Peter Regin, and Patrick Wiercioch will all suit up for the Sens this evening. Eric Gryba will once again be absent from the Sens line up.

Foligno-Winchester-Ruutu
Regin-Smith-Shannon
Wick-Hoffman-Butler
O'Brien-Bass-Lessard

Cowen-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Hale
Benoit-Lee

Wow, Foligno playing again? Winchester, Smith, Regin....oh man....Wick-Hoffman-Butler. Gonna see some young guys.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum