GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-Season GM#2: OTT @ TOR (9/22/10 @ 7pm ET)

+22
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
sens4win
wprager
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
Flo The Action
SensGirl11
Ev
Hoags
Amnesia021
Hobiesens
dennycrane
SensHulk
ddt
shabbs
PKC
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Riprock
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:The media always has to look at the bad and make it all about that. It's very frustrating. They can never talk about the good things that went on in a game when we lose.

The media has to stir up Dung in order to sell papers.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

that's the media for ya. Amplification is more like it. It happens in every canadian city. I forget who it was from Toronto that said 'you're never as bad as they say you are, and you're never as good as they say you are'. Pretty much sums it up.

btw, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Brian elliott has ever won at the ACC...pre-season or regular

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:The hit on Shannon was 100% predatory. At the time I thought at least a one game suspension for elbowing and charging, I was NOT pleased to say the least.

I found on the replay they showed, it was the perfect angle to see his face the whole time he was charging at him. It was 100% predatory for sure, with the intent to injure as well.

I liked this quote this morning, very true;

The Maple Leafs’ Jay Rosehill, a 6-3, 215-pound left-winger, decided he had to prove his manhood by slamming the smallest player on the ice, 5-9, 171-pound Senators forward Ryan Shannon, headfirst into the boards.

I mean, really. There were plenty of guys out there that he could have proved his manhood against, Ryan Shannon was not one of them. What a coward that Rosehill douche is.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Rosehill has the IQ of a kindergarten child, not as much his fault as it is the refs not giving him 5 and a game to ruin his night of trying to show how 'tough' he is. I think if you combined Lessard and Rosehill's IQs...you might get 60.

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Two more sleeps till I go to my first game of the season. Ahhhhh!

Edit: It's more like 5 or 6 "sleeps" with the 7 week old waking up 2 or 3 times a night. Wink Speaking of which: it's time for another sleep.

Best entertainment of the night may just happen between the 1st and 2nd periods. My nephew and some of his IP teammates will be on the ice. I must say, from what I've seen, my nephew may just be the real deal (I'm kidding!!!). But I am impressed so much that I've offered to sponsor the entire set of teams. There are some kids who can really play, and maybe, just maybe in 13 years we'll have an inside route to one of the Calder Candidates...

Devo

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:CheapShots is in rare form today:

TORONTO — Just another meaningless exhibition, right?

Except that when it comes to the Senators and the huge question mark that hangs over their goaltending situation, it’s never too early to be concerned.

What a douche.

Well ARGGGGG, that stuff makes me angry. Ok, I'll agree that our goaltending is probably our weakest point, but I'm happy to say that its not that bad! If thats the worst we got, I'm excited for this year.

If I was a Leafs fan I'd be concerned. They had rookies and prospects hold their own, and if there wasn't the first period could have very well won the game!

I am sooo impressed with how the Sens played last night. If you minus two bad goals, the game was really close. People really stepped it up. Foligno I'm sooo excited to see play this year. Regin was not all that impressive, but I think with Foligno playing so well, possibly fighting for a top 6 spot, there will be some really good competition and have both guys working really hard. Cowen looked better last night I think, and Karlsson on the PP, wow! To think that our younger guys competed with almost a full NHL team, and didn't lose focus and worked till the end.

I don't think any Sens fan can be upset with that! Of course it would have been sweet if we could have won against a team made up of Kessel, Bozak, Kulemin, Grabovski, MacArthur, Orr, Mitchell, Schenn, Beauchemen, Komisarik.... almost a full top two lines in the NHL, with top D men as well. But we held our own and every Sens fan should be proud! I mean if we played our top line out there, what would have happened?? Good work Leafs for beating the Binghamton Sens!

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not surprised ... goaltending is such a touchy subject in Ottawa.

I think one of Leclaire or Elliott will step it up. Cheapshots is forgetting how well Elliott played most of last year. He's still young and still getting better.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Is there a game tonight?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Is there a game tonight?

Ahhhh yeeeaahhh! Dancing

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I don't think it's on tv though. Pre-Season GM#2: OTT @ TOR (9/22/10 @ 7pm ET) - Page 10 853450 Pre-Season GM#2: OTT @ TOR (9/22/10 @ 7pm ET) - Page 10 853450

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:I don't think it's on tv though. Pre-Season GM#2: OTT @ TOR (9/22/10 @ 7pm ET) - Page 10 853450 Pre-Season GM#2: OTT @ TOR (9/22/10 @ 7pm ET) - Page 10 853450

That's messed. I blame Brian Jurke.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's on RIS apparently

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:It's on RIS apparently

Shouldn't it be on Centre Ice then?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

what the hell is RIS?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:It's on RIS apparently

I might sound silly, but what's RIS? Pre-Season GM#2: OTT @ TOR (9/22/10 @ 7pm ET) - Page 10 105237

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Ok I'm not the only one. Pre-Season GM#2: OTT @ TOR (9/22/10 @ 7pm ET) - Page 10 270956

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Reseau Info-Sports

It's sort of like The Score in French.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:Reseau Info-Sports

It's sort of like The Score in French.

Is it available through Rogers, and if so, do you know the channel?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum