GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CI Regular Season?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NHL CI Regular Season? Empty NHL CI Regular Season? Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:00 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Does anyone know where I can find the full schedule for NHL CI on rogers? I've been looking for a while now.. I was just wondering because i've noticed that some of the games weren't on last night.. Mainly the Habs game... I had to watch it on RDS, I am french, but I just can't stand there announcers, way too homer, according to them Montreal never deserves a penalty! LOL

2NHL CI Regular Season? Empty Re: NHL CI Regular Season? Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:17 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I called Rogers and aksed about this and they said they've not updated it. The CSR I talked with was not sure why. This is really retarded.

3NHL CI Regular Season? Empty Re: NHL CI Regular Season? Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:07 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:I called Rogers and aksed about this and they said they've not updated it. The CSR I talked with was not sure why. This is really retarded.

Well I hope they get it out soon, we pay enough for it that they should be on top of these things! LOL

4NHL CI Regular Season? Empty Re: NHL CI Regular Season? Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:22 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

smash88 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find the full schedule for NHL CI on rogers? I've been looking for a while now.. I was just wondering because i've noticed that some of the games weren't on last night.. Mainly the Habs game... I had to watch it on RDS, I am french, but I just can't stand there announcers, way too homer, according to them Montreal never deserves a penalty! LOL

Yeah, I've noticed too that the Rogers "Guide" is not yet listing games. On Thursday night, the BOS-COL and SJ-ANA games were on channels 452 and 453, I believe, but you wouldn't have known that unless you surfed through all the NHL CI channels at game time.

Montreal games are a different beast altogether. I don't pretend to understand it as there are all kinds of broadcast rules surrounding these things (including CRTC stuff involving Canadian context), but as far as I can tell, your cable provider can only give you access to one version/broadcast of the game. If RDS is playing the game, that means you will almost never get the alternate English broadcast (filmed by, say, the opposing team's English broadcasters -- like, say, Boston). I've phoned Rogers about this a few times to Wing Dang Doodle, but to no avail. In fact, I've got the SportsPack, which is supposed to include Centre Ice, and yet I don't get access to RDS broadcasts of the game. According to them, I'd have to buy a French package -- which was not the case when I had Centre Ice through Bell a few years ago. The only Montreal games I see are on CBC or English broadcasts coming out of places like Boston.

Stupid politics!

5NHL CI Regular Season? Empty Re: NHL CI Regular Season? Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Did anyone else's CI on Roger's go black screened with no audio for the St.Louis game and the...Dallas game I think it was last night (Friday). I wasn't pleased.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum