GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

THN regular season predictions

+7
SensFan71
davetherave
Flo The Action
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Sens19
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1THN regular season predictions Empty THN regular season predictions Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They are counting down from 15th to first in each Conference; each day they add two more teams to the list. I wasn't going to post until they either got everything done or did something controversial. Well, I just saw them put the Rangers up in 13th in the East.

Really? I thought the Rangers are still a playoff team. Oh, well, at least they didn't rank Ottawa below the Leafs Smile

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/27434-The-Hockey-News-200910-NHL-regular-season-predictions-No-11.html

2THN regular season predictions Empty Re: THN regular season predictions Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:11 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

I dont see the Rangers being this bad and the Isles will surely not finish last again this season

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

3THN regular season predictions Empty Re: THN regular season predictions Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:17 pm

Sens19 wrote:I dont see the Rangers being this bad and the Isles will surely not finish last again this season

I don't think the Isles will be as bad. They will have better goaltending and Tavares should help. Bailey and Okposo are a year older too.

The Rangers are bad defensively. It's going to be another long year for King Henrik imo. Missing the playoffs is where I peg them. Around 10th.

4THN regular season predictions Empty Re: THN regular season predictions Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:20 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
Sens19 wrote:I dont see the Rangers being this bad and the Isles will surely not finish last again this season

I don't think the Isles will be as bad. They will have better goaltending and Tavares should help. Bailey and Okposo are a year older too.

The Rangers are bad defensively. It's going to be another long year for King Henrik imo. Missing the playoffs is where I peg them. Around 10th.

I would say the best they do is 8th place, but 9th or 10th is a very good bet

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

5THN regular season predictions Empty Re: THN regular season predictions Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:28 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I t hink it's stupid to make predictions like these when some teams don't even have a full roster.

6THN regular season predictions Empty Re: THN regular season predictions Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Really? I thought the Rangers are still a playoff team. Oh, well, at least they didn't rank Ottawa below the Leafs Smile

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/27434-The-Hockey-News-200910-NHL-regular-season-predictions-No-11.html

That's funny, I just wrote a post on why I don't like the Rangers team this season.

http://www.gmhockey.com/ottawa-centaurs-f31/the-heatley-saga-what-s-in-store-in-the-next-30-days-t3030-45.htm#90200

I think we're next on that list, but at least THN has us up there competing, unlike their jersey rankings (we came 29th).

7THN regular season predictions Empty Re: THN regular season predictions Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:17 pm

marakh wrote:I t hink it's stupid to make predictions like these when some teams don't even have a full roster.

Yup, thats why I didnt even read it.

THN is really starting to lose a little bit a credibility with some hacks writting and working there.

8THN regular season predictions Empty Re: THN regular season predictions Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:49 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

That's funny, I just wrote a post on why I don't like the Rangers team this season.

http://www.gmhockey.com/ottawa-centaurs-f31/the-heatley-saga-what-s-in-store-in-the-next-30-days-t3030-45.htm#90200

I think we're next on that list, but at least THN has us up there competing, unlike their jersey rankings (we came 29th).

Montreal and Buffalo are potentially behind, as of today.

9THN regular season predictions Empty Re: THN regular season predictions Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:39 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:
Montreal and Buffalo are potentially behind, as of today.

Well, one of those two, perhaps, but not both, since they only reveal one-a-day in each Conference. Buffalo for sure, but Montreal might make a game of it woth their defense and if Price rebounds to his first-half-season game. Remember, he was rushed back from that injury to play in the stupid All Star game and he never recovered properly. Or at least that's what it looked like. Perhaps he didn't rehab it like he should have (a la Emery), but whatever the reason, he should be past that injury by now.

10THN regular season predictions Empty Re: THN regular season predictions Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:29 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i think montreal makes the playoffs, and depending on the return on heatley(it really depends on that top 6) we might make them too. 2 2 teams that might not make them that haven't been listed will be the hurricanes( i don't think they have made themselves better in the offseason). i see them as a playoff team more then a season team. i'm not sure they'll have enough points by the end of the season to be in there... buffalo is another one

11THN regular season predictions Empty Re: THN regular season predictions Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:30 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

if mike smith is healthy, tampa will give a better run for it's money then last year.

12THN regular season predictions Empty Re: THN regular season predictions Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:48 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tampa needs better defense; a healthy Smith may not be enough.

13THN regular season predictions Empty Re: THN regular season predictions Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:02 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:I think it's stupid to make predictions like these when some teams don't even have a full roster.

Well said.

14THN regular season predictions Empty Re: THN regular season predictions Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:21 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, today's picks (#10) are out. THN predicts that Tampa and Nashville finish #10 in the league. Assuming that at least one of Buffalo or Montreal are ranked below Ottawa, it would appear that they will predict the Sens to make it to the post-season.

Time for a quick celebration?

:^^:

15THN regular season predictions Empty Re: THN regular season predictions Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:33 pm

I can't believe nobody has said this yet.

I will go on record saying that there is no way that Colorado finishes anything but LAST in the NHL this year.

The Avalanche will get the best chance at Taylor Hall. It is as close to a guarantee as you can get.

Does anyone in the SIM league want to wager their 1st round pick in 2010 for Colorado being any better than last place? I will let you take every other team in the league.

-If Colorado finishes last in the real NHL standings in 2010, I get your SIM league 1st round pick in 2010.
If any other team in the NHL finishes below Colorado in the standings, I give your SIM league team my (Buffalo's) 1st Round pick in 2010.

Any takers?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum