GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-Season GM#2: OTT @ TOR (9/22/10 @ 7pm ET)

+22
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
sens4win
wprager
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
Flo The Action
SensGirl11
Ev
Hoags
Amnesia021
Hobiesens
dennycrane
SensHulk
ddt
shabbs
PKC
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Riprock
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
Butler's making the team Spez. He's obviously NHL ready and has a great sense for going to the net and being around the puck in scoring areas. Don't let last night's game fool you, he's a winger who needs a pivot to hit him with the puck in the dangerous areas. Expect to see him play most of the year in Ottawa.

I expect it, I really do. I just think we can start him off in the AHL and go with the 12 we have for now. I have supreme confidence in Butler and Hoffman, they have the 'goods'. Quite excited.

In fact, when Wick started getting into the flow, he showed some nice skill as well, but for me it's Butler and Hoffman who will see nice time in Ottawa if/when there are injuries.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:

Butler's making the team Spez. He's obviously NHL ready and has a great sense for going to the net and being around the puck in scoring areas. Don't let last night's game fool you, he's a winger who needs a pivot to hit him with the puck in the dangerous areas. Expect to see him play most of the year in Ottawa.

Where are they going to pencil him in ? We have so many forwards competing for positions.

And someone like Butler would flourish more in a top-6 role which means either Regin or Foligno is out.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wick has no one to blame but himself for earning a one way ticket to Bingo.

He has the tools and the size he just chose not to use either.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

I expect it, I really do. I just think we can start him off in the AHL and go with the 12 we have for now. I have supreme confidence in Butler and Hoffman, they have the 'goods'. Quite excited.

In fact, when Wick started getting into the flow, he showed some nice skill as well, but for me it's Butler and Hoffman who will see nice time in Ottawa if/when there are injuries.

Speaking of injuries, any news on Shannon?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:

Haven't read anything yet, they supposedly took him out of the game as a precaution but it wouldn't surprise me if his concussion problems from last year are back.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Haven't read anything yet, they supposedly took him out of the game as a precaution but it wouldn't surprise me if his concussion problems from last year are back.

It wouldn't surprise me either, that was a vicious unnecessary hit he took. Hopefully he's okay. It will open a spot for someone if he isn't though...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CheapShots is in rare form today:

TORONTO — Just another meaningless exhibition, right?

Except that when it comes to the Senators and the huge question mark that hangs over their goaltending situation, it’s never too early to be concerned.

What a douche.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:CheapShots is in rare form today:

Except that when it comes to the Senators and the huge question mark that hangs over their goaltending situation, it’s never too early to be concerned.

What a douche.

Seriously, people have to get their heads out of their asses. He looked fantastic from halfway through the 2nd until the end. Of course the drama has to start with our goaltending woes... Pre-Season GM#2: OTT @ TOR (9/22/10 @ 7pm ET) - Page 9 489887

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

The media always has to look at the bad and make it all about that. It's very frustrating. They can never talk about the good things that went on in a game when we lose.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

Looks like we'll get an update at 2pm from CC.

http://www.acorn-online.com/joomla15/darientimes/sports/71322-shannon-leaves-ottawa-game-after-bang-to-the-head.html

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

Looks like we'll get an update at 2pm from CC.

http://www.acorn-online.com/joomla15/darientimes/sports/71322-shannon-leaves-ottawa-game-after-bang-to-the-head.html

Hmmm...that's probably not a good sign then. I would imagine they'd just say straight-up that he's okay if he was.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:CheapShots is in rare form today:

What a douche.

Or should we be excited that after Elliott shook off a little of the rust he was absolutely unbeatable? That's the way I would look at it, but it's Brennan after all...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The hit on Shannon was 100% predatory. At the time I thought at least a one game suspension for elbowing and charging, I was NOT pleased to say the least.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:The hit on Shannon was 100% predatory. At the time I thought at least a one game suspension for elbowing and charging, I was NOT pleased to say the least.

There weren't enough replays of it to determine if it was an elbow, but it appeared that way (probably since shannon is very short) but it was definitely predatory. Glad Hale stuck up for him, but how does the league and refs turn a blind eye to the hit on shannon and the head driving of lee on tuesday?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:The hit on Shannon was 100% predatory. At the time I thought at least a one game suspension for elbowing and charging, I was NOT pleased to say the least.

There weren't enough replays of it to determine if it was an elbow, but it appeared that way (probably since shannon is very short) but it was definitely predatory. Glad Hale stuck up for him, but how does the league and refs turn a blind eye to the hit on shannon and the head driving of lee on tuesday?

The refs must be rusty too to miss some of the calls they missed. Wasn't impressed at all. And I though McCreary or whatever his name was was retiring, what the Cuss is he doing back at it? He's lost his edge as a ref for sure.

The reffing was VERY poor - and I HATE saying that as anyone who knows me will attest to. I never want to blame refs on a game - and to that end, we played poorly enough to lose last night - and the Leafs played decent. But the refs really took over that game, and by the 5th penalty called against us, it was the same old Dung. Very poor job, the refs should be graded and reviewed on these games.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:The media always has to look at the bad and make it all about that. It's very frustrating. They can never talk about the good things that went on in a game when we lose.

The media has to stir up Dung in order to sell papers.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

that's the media for ya. Amplification is more like it. It happens in every canadian city. I forget who it was from Toronto that said 'you're never as bad as they say you are, and you're never as good as they say you are'. Pretty much sums it up.

btw, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Brian elliott has ever won at the ACC...pre-season or regular

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I found on the replay they showed, it was the perfect angle to see his face the whole time he was charging at him. It was 100% predatory for sure, with the intent to injure as well.

I liked this quote this morning, very true;

The Maple Leafs’ Jay Rosehill, a 6-3, 215-pound left-winger, decided he had to prove his manhood by slamming the smallest player on the ice, 5-9, 171-pound Senators forward Ryan Shannon, headfirst into the boards.

I mean, really. There were plenty of guys out there that he could have proved his manhood against, Ryan Shannon was not one of them. What a coward that Rosehill douche is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum