GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good News Stories

+4
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
PTFlea
SensGirl11
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Good News Stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Good News Stories Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:29 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Amazing that the embargo just ended like that.

There was a spy swap first. Show of good faith from both sides decades in the making, I guess.

Don't forget the added revenues from import duties on cigars and rum.

17Good News Stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Good News Stories Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:32 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Amazing that the embargo just ended like that.

There was a spy swap first. Show of good faith from both sides decades in the making, I guess.

Yeah, that was amusing.

18Good News Stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Good News Stories Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:46 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This isn't really news but it's good! I just finished my last exam. So short of receiving my diploma I guess I just finished university!
4 and a half freaking years! Didn't think it would take this long! Or I'd be this old!
As they say better late than never!!!

Now to get my Donkey a job... Sarcasm
First some beers and a win tonight would be nice to celebrate!

19Good News Stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Good News Stories Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:09 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Congrats!

20Good News Stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Good News Stories Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, congrats. But it's not like it took you 20 years to finish. I assume you worked before starting and perhaps part time while you studied. Enjoy your accomplishment.

So was this a practical degree or a stepping stone for a Master's or something else? What field are you in? (other than "left")

21Good News Stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Good News Stories Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:00 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Yeah,  congrats.  But it's not like it took you 20 years to finish.  I assume you worked before starting and perhaps part time while you studied. Enjoy your accomplishment.

So was this a practical degree or a stepping stone for a Master's or something else?  What field are you in? (other than "left")

Well it's a bachelors in international business focused on international economy and finance with a minor in finance on top and a minor in sustainability.
I think I'm gonna start my CFA certification this summer and maybe step into an MBA part time in a couple of years. I guess it really depends what I wind up in in the mean time. I'm looking into possible options from within the bank of Canada as apparently they are very accommodating when it comes to studying on your CFA. That would likely mean ottawa for a couple years though. I dunno. I need a week off first to let my brain cool down a bit. The last two years have been non - stop.

22Good News Stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Good News Stories Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nothing wrong with Ottawa for a couple of years.

23Good News Stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Good News Stories Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:44 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Nothing wrong with Ottawa for a couple of years.
it's not ideal for me. It silver lining is I would get to see more sens games live!

24Good News Stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Good News Stories Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:01 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
it's not ideal for me. It silver lining is I would get to see more sens games live!
why is it not ideal?

25Good News Stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Good News Stories Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:06 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
why is it not ideal?
Nothing against Ottawa. Most of my friends are in Montreal and my band is also here. I could consider toronto or NYC because at least those are financial centres which offer more opportunities in terms of working with big banks or firms.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum