GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Report: Pat Burns' condition worsens

+4
stempniaksen
SensGirl11
PTFlea
Riprock
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Report: Pat Burns' condition worsens  Empty Report: Pat Burns' condition worsens Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:25 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Keep up the good fight Pat.

Last edited by Dash on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:30 pm; edited 3 times in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RIP, that sucks, what can you say.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

RIP Burns, you will not be forgotten.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

RIP Burns, you were one of the greats.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He's not dead.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

To quote Mark Twain "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated".

I received a phone call from my mom at work informing me of his passing, to which I then used the internet and Google'd "Pat Burns" to find many twitter feeds (from various reputable sources) reporting his death.

Now the Sun reports that Burns' son claims he is still alive, which you have to believe. http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2010/09/16/15377291.html

While others (http://www.sacbee.com/2010/09/17/3037018/report-former-nhl-head-coach-pat.html | http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/09/pat-burns-dies/1) say otherwise.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

He's not dead.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Very odd stuff, I don't understand what's happening.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

LMAO! Pat burns is the Cussing man! He called TSN to set the record straight:

In contrast to several erroneous reports earlier in the day, former NHL head coach Pat Burns is alive and well.

Burns phoned TSN on Friday.

"Here we go again," said the three-time NHL coach of the year. "They're trying to kill me before I'm dead. I come to Quebec to spend some time with my family and they say I'm dead. I'm not dead, far (expletive) from it. They've had me dead since June. Tell them I'm alive. Set them straight."

A report on Thursday suggested that Burns' condition had taken a turn for the worse.

The 58-year old has returned home to Magog, Quebec to be with his family.

10Report: Pat Burns' condition worsens  Empty Re: Report: Pat Burns' condition worsens Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:56 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Thanks for clearing this up everyone. I'm very happy to hear that he's alive. Keep on fighting Burns!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I feel bad even contributing to this, I was only going by what other news outlets were saying. I apologize for the error and am relieved that Pat is still alive and wish him the best in his ongoing fight.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:I feel bad even contributing to this, I was only going by what other news outlets were saying. I apologize for the error and am relieved that Pat is still alive and wish him the best in his ongoing fight.

Not your fault. Some arseholes in the media decided it was go time - I read the same things as you. They should be the ones to answer.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:I feel bad even contributing to this, I was only going by what other news outlets were saying. I apologize for the error and am relieved that Pat is still alive and wish him the best in his ongoing fight.

Not your fault. Some arseholes in the media decided it was go time - I read the same things as you. They should be the ones to answer.

They're a bunch of jerks. Who does that? I feel horrible for Burns and his family, as if they need this nonsense right now. Unbelievable.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

not your fault man. Stupid twitter journalism...disgusting how people want to be the first to break the news of his death.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Don't blame the media, blame Cliff Fletcher:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/article/862660

Earlier in the day, Leafs adviser Cliff Fletcher told reporters at Leafs’ training camp that the seriously ill Burns had died.

A few hours later, he issued a written apology:

“I extend my deepest apologies to Pat Burns and his family,” Fletcher said.

“Unfortunately, I was misinformed by a friend earlier today and my public comments were completely inaccurate.

“Myself, and the entire hockey community I’m sure, will continue to wish all the best for Pat and we will keep him in our thoughts.”

The Silver Fox caused all of this (or his friend at least).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum