GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Report: Pat Burns' condition worsens

+4
stempniaksen
SensGirl11
PTFlea
Riprock
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:I feel bad even contributing to this, I was only going by what other news outlets were saying. I apologize for the error and am relieved that Pat is still alive and wish him the best in his ongoing fight.

Not your fault. Some arseholes in the media decided it was go time - I read the same things as you. They should be the ones to answer.

They're a bunch of jerks. Who does that? I feel horrible for Burns and his family, as if they need this nonsense right now. Unbelievable.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:I feel bad even contributing to this, I was only going by what other news outlets were saying. I apologize for the error and am relieved that Pat is still alive and wish him the best in his ongoing fight.

not your fault man. Stupid twitter journalism...disgusting how people want to be the first to break the news of his death.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Don't blame the media, blame Cliff Fletcher:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/article/862660

Earlier in the day, Leafs adviser Cliff Fletcher told reporters at Leafs’ training camp that the seriously ill Burns had died.

A few hours later, he issued a written apology:

“I extend my deepest apologies to Pat Burns and his family,” Fletcher said.

“Unfortunately, I was misinformed by a friend earlier today and my public comments were completely inaccurate.

“Myself, and the entire hockey community I’m sure, will continue to wish all the best for Pat and we will keep him in our thoughts.”

The Silver Fox caused all of this (or his friend at least).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Burnsie should plant a "Cliff Fletcher passed away" rumour.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum