GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shanny to the Rangers - Update

+3
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Cronie
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Shanny to the Rangers - Update Empty Shanny to the Rangers - Update Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:34 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just to mention an update that apparently, there is a rumor that Shanahan is close to signing with St. Louis?

This surprises me a little, to be honest, but then again, I'll reserve judgment when he officially signs, with whomever it may be...

2Shanny to the Rangers - Update Empty Re: Shanny to the Rangers - Update Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:41 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:Just to mention an update that apparently, there is a rumor that Shanahan is close to signing with St. Louis?

This surprises me a little, to be honest, but then again, I'll reserve judgment when he officially signs, with whomever it may be...

Well, if NY doesn't make room for him he does have some history with St. Louis doesn't he? I think it would almost be like if Alfie left for years and then came back wouldn't it?

3Shanny to the Rangers - Update Empty Re: Shanny to the Rangers - Update Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:46 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is a guy we should be after. With Mez not being offered a penny more than $2.5, that would leave us with 6.3 left. Shanny would command 3 million or 2 plus incentives, so that would leave us with 3 for injuries and the deadline (12 million at the deadline that would turn into).

Whatever though, I think Murray is set on getting a puck mover - and I support that as well.

4Shanny to the Rangers - Update Empty Re: Shanny to the Rangers - Update Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:48 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:This is a guy we should be after. With Mez not being offered a penny more than $2.5, that would leave us with 6.3 left. Shanny would command 3 million or 2 plus incentives, so that would leave us with 3 for injuries and the deadline (12 million at the deadline that would turn into).

Whatever though, I think Murray is set on getting a puck mover - and I support that as well.
I agree wholeheartedly with that, but would he be willing to come here? I really think his addition would fit just nicely here and we'd come back with the best dressing room in hockey, bar none.

5Shanny to the Rangers - Update Empty Re: Shanny to the Rangers - Update Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:00 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:This is a guy we should be after. With Mez not being offered a penny more than $2.5, that would leave us with 6.3 left. Shanny would command 3 million or 2 plus incentives, so that would leave us with 3 for injuries and the deadline (12 million at the deadline that would turn into).

I think I've asked you about this before on HB and you didn't answer, but where are you getting your cap figure for the Sens from? Right now, we stand at $6.47 mil in cap space according to NHLSCAP.

As far as I know, we have $6.47 mil in cap space. I can honestly see Nycholat traded/waived/sent to the minors, and one of Winchester or Bass playing in the minors, but at best that only gives us about an extra $1.1 mil in cap space, for a total of about $7.6 mil. The numbers you're citing in that last post seem too high.

Anyway, agreed, would love to see Shanny here, and at about $1.5-2 mil, it would be doable, even calculating for $3 mil for Mesz and a minimun of $2 mil left over for injuries and deadline deals. Also agreed that I'd prefer to see us go after a puck-moving D first.

6Shanny to the Rangers - Update Empty Re: Shanny to the Rangers - Update Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What, really? For ****'s sake. Remember when I used to do this in my head? Well, it's gonna get back to that real soon.

7Shanny to the Rangers - Update Empty Re: Shanny to the Rangers - Update Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The more I read about Mark Parrish, the more I really want him. Even in the hell of Minny's defensive system he's never put up less than 16 goals - and he more often than not hits 20.

I want, but so do the Nucks and Preds apparently.

8Shanny to the Rangers - Update Empty Re: Shanny to the Rangers - Update Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:08 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sorry Rooneypoo but I cut your post down a little. I think you still get the jist of it and I really don't want this forum to turn into a lesson in Cap economics. Smile

- Unknown Author

9Shanny to the Rangers - Update Empty Re: Shanny to the Rangers - Update Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:21 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:

I think I've asked you about this before on HB and you didn't answer, but where are you getting your cap figure for the Sens from? Right now, we stand at $6.47 mil in cap space according to NHLSCAP.

As far as I know, we have $6.47 mil in cap space. I can honestly see Nycholat traded/waived/sent to the minors, and one of Winchester or Bass playing in the minors, but at best that only gives us about an extra $1.1 mil in cap space, for a total of about $7.6 mil. The numbers you're citing in that last post seem too high.

Anyway, agreed, would love to see Shanny here, and at about $1.5-2 mil, it would be doable, even calculating for $3 mil for Mesz and a minimun of $2 mil left over for injuries and deadline deals. Also agreed that I'd prefer to see us go after a puck-moving D first.

Hey, how come that other stuff I wrote -- i.e., about NHLnumbers's current cap listing for the Sens being incorrect because they fail to take into consideration Lee's, Nycholat's, and Winchester's contracts -- has been deleted on me? I'm not slamming them and it's not libellous; in order for it to be a libellous comment, it would have to be wrong, and it's just the plain old truth.

I often see people citing NHLnumber's current salary listings for the Sens and basing their arguments on it. It creates a lot of misunderstandings, and I think people deserve to know that the numbers they are currently listing are not quite accurate.

10Shanny to the Rangers - Update Empty Re: Shanny to the Rangers - Update Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:23 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Sorry Rooneypoo but I cut your post down a little. I think you still get the jist of it and I really don't want this forum to turn into a lesson in Cap economics. Smile

Oop, sorry, only saw this after my last point went up. I still think the point valid, tho', and it was only like 2-3 sentences.

11Shanny to the Rangers - Update Empty Re: Shanny to the Rangers - Update Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Sorry Rooneypoo but I cut your post down a little. I think you still get the jist of it and I really don't want this forum to turn into a lesson in Cap economics. Smile

Oop, sorry, only saw this after my last point went up. I still think the point valid, tho', and it was only like 2-3 sentences.

There are no points on here that aren't valid IMO. I suggested in a PM that you start your own topic on the cap so people can reference it!

12Shanny to the Rangers - Update Empty Re: Shanny to the Rangers - Update Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:43 pm

imo thats irresponsible MODing. Its not your job, nor your right to determine how much a person can or cannot say.
Such an actions seems to say that you view this as "your" forum...I would avoid such thoughts/actions if I were you, should you want increased membership on this site.
M2C

13Shanny to the Rangers - Update Empty Re: Shanny to the Rangers - Update Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:47 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

There are no points on here that aren't valid IMO. I suggested in a PM that you start your own topic on the cap so people can reference it!

Thank you, Heater [and Cash]. I agree wholly with the sentiment; as long as no one's being peronsally insulting or abusive, or saying anything libellous or getting the site into potential legal trouble, I don't see the point of editing a poster's comments.

When I first saw the edit, I thought it was because what I said was construed as a libellous comment about NHLnumbers. Then when I saw the Cap'n's post, I began to think that the decision might have been influenced more by personal judgment than anything -- i.e., the Cap'n doesn't like my penchant long posts or number-crunching -- and that's a decision that doesn't sit well all that well with me. Sometimes it takes a little "lesson in cap economics" to make a point. We would still be arguing about the possibility of having Mesz and Schneider together on our blueline if we didn't go over such things.

14Shanny to the Rangers - Update Empty Re: Shanny to the Rangers - Update Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:55 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Thank you, Heater [and Cash]. I agree wholly with the sentiment; as long as no one's being peronsally insulting or abusive, or saying anything libellous or getting the site into potential legal trouble, I don't see the point of editing a poster's comments.

When I first saw the edit, I thought it was because what I said was construed as a libellous comment about NHLnumbers. Then when I saw the Cap'n's post, I began to think that the decision might have been influenced more by personal judgment than anything -- i.e., the Cap'n doesn't like my penchant long posts or number-crunching -- and that's a decision that doesn't sit well all that well with me. Sometimes it takes a little "lesson in cap economics" to make a point. We would still be arguing about the possibility of having Mesz and Schneider together on our blueline if we didn't go over such things.

It wasn't that at all Rooney. I appoligise for offending you and perhaps it would be better for such indepth analysis on the Cap and number crunching to go in it's own Topic as Heater suggested? I really don't want this to become an issue.

- Unknown Author

15Shanny to the Rangers - Update Empty Re: Shanny to the Rangers - Update Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:03 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

It wasn't that at all Rooney. I appoligise for offending you and perhaps it would be better for such indepth analysis on the Cap and number crunching to go in it's own Topic as Heater suggested? I really don't want this to become an issue.

I appreciate the apology, and there are no hard feelings. I don't have much time or patience for internet battles!

However, I just don't see why those 2-3 sentences -- it was very brief -- need to be relegated elsewhere. Heater posted something that seemed to take for granted that we have about $8.7 mil in cap space. I merely pointed out that, if he's getting that number from NHLnumbers, he should know that it's not quite accurate, and that NHLSCAP is a more accurate source for these matters. To me, the point is entirely germane to the conversation thread, and not a 'side issue' that needs to be taken elsewhere.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum