GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread

+41
mtl4674
hockeykid8130
Pontus90
Evik
Keranen
skpantherfan
Deigler
sabresfan#1
LeCaptain
johnnb69
benitovo
NHL_Fan1787
Sensational
tumblingtom66
scottie2k90
avsfan192
pate19
Dennis Bonvie
Krejci46
Pooops83
Tuk Tuk
Pinder17
Avsfan89
M_Christopher
Dizzl3
MS1316
canucklehead96
wprager
jeremyn
Mr_Pace
PKC
Al_Tito13
Henderson33
SensGirl11
jmcook
Ev
PTFlea
stempniaksen
sens4win
The Silfer Server
Riprock
45 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 17]

31EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:39 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

LOL ya, we NHL fans love our NHL games and all info and people are dying for it before the game comes out Sept 7. I will continue to post info/pics for people here. There were like 40+ guests online last night too.

BAGM update:

Edit 1: So I started a bagm with Ottawa post-draft as my starting point, just to see if CHL guys were available for call-up, and Cowen and Lehner are there. Hoffman, Culek, etc must not have signed their deals as of the roster update.

Guys in the CHL, some of them have "2-way deals" and salary, meaning they have signed ELCs with NHL clubs. I'm wondering if there's a way to edit players who havent signed yet with their clubs.

Edit 2: So I just went to "Contracts" in the beagm menu and all my unsigned prospects are there: Rundblad, Culek, Sandin, M. Karlsson, Wick, Petersson, Mark Stone HappyDance1

Edit 3: In the "Edit Player" section of the "Creation Zone", every player has a pro team affiliation that you can edit. So drafted or not, some players do not have the right affiliation, hence why Kassian was in the draft for BAGM. (Mike) Hoffman was also not assigned to Ottawa's affiliation so I changed that. This is a great feature. RocknRoll

Last edited by Dash on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

32EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:49 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Boy, I want to get my hands on playing with Rundblad and Culek ASAP. And Petersson for that matter.

It would be neat if they would change players potentials based on the amount of time they spend in the minors - or if you play the in the NHL and they do well.

Or do they already?

PS, I should sticky this thread.

33EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:54 am

Henderson33

Prospect
Prospect

Thats awesome. Jack Campbell will win the Calder for me. I may do a little editing with his potential depending on what it is. I'm thinking A, A, A, Hehehe

34EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:55 am

Al_Tito13

Prospect
Prospect

Thank you so much Dash, you're awesome man! It's really appreciated that you take the time to answer our questions and give us some info about the game. I didn't think you were going to post all the ratings for the 30 teams, this is just great, I wanted to know the ratings so bad.

I would have 2 final requests for specific player ratings that are not on the list because they were not in the NHL last year: Nikolai Zherdev and Jiri Hudler.

Thanks again!

35EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:20 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

@SD: I think the potential will fluctuate, I usually edited the potential and some of the ratings for players anyways with my BAGM. I think if they play top minutes in the AHL or do well enough in their respective leagues, they will go up. If Karlsson plays a lot of mins in Ottawa and puts up a lot of points, his rating will go up. I don't think potential goeus up but I know it dropped last year, about a point (i.e. A- to a B) after a season.

@Al_Tito: Hudler and Zherdev are FAs still. Hudlers' Overall is 81, Zherdev is also an 81. Both are snipers.

@Henderson: No Campbell as of yet, but will likely be in the update I figure.

** I am going to start manually updating rosters (player movement only) - won't create anyone. One of the reasons I wanted to get the rosters up, so that I could edit them without changing the defaults.

36EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:21 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

How is Tyler Myers only an 80?

37EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:30 am

Mr_Pace

Prospect
Prospect

I want to know sean couturier overall with his potential or even the hole drummondville voltigeur team overall if it possible?

38EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:58 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Drummondville:
Allen 68
Dumont 68
Didomenico 68
Couturier 66 (B,B,B)
Vachon 65
Desnoyers 65
Randazzo 65
Landry 65
Milse 64
Bergeron 64
Hotte 64
Brunelle 64
Levesque 64
Lefebvre 64
Comtois 61
Blanchard 61
Palat 59
Payette 58
Oligny 58
Piche 58
Larabie 57
Ritter 56
Guertin 56

Everett Silvertips:
Gudas 68
Froese 67
Tochkin 67
Theriau 67
Simpson 66
Harper 66
Langkow 64
Maxwell 64
Rissanen 64
Heemskerk 64
Kulchar 62
Murray 62
De La Lande 62
Cumiskey 61
Dailey 61
Iwanski 60
MacDonald 60
Winquist 59
Sohor 58
McCrea 58
Minville 58
Elynuik 56
McGrath 55

Last edited by Dash on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

39EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:06 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:How is Tyler Myers only an 80?

I know, it's pretty weird. Karlsson is a 79, which I thought should be an 80, but I can live with that, but Hedman is an 82? Myers > Hedman lol.

40EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:09 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:
PKC wrote:How is Tyler Myers only an 80?

I know, it's pretty weird. Karlsson is a 79, which I thought should be an 80, but I can live with that, but Hedman is an 82? Myers > Hedman lol.

Myers>>>>>>>>Hedman

41EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:10 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Henderson33 wrote:Thats awesome. Jack Campbell will win the Calder for me. I may do a little editing with his potential depending on what it is. I'm thinking A, A, A, Hehehe

P.S. Scott Glennie is a 71 OVR, potential B,B,B-

42EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:32 pm

jeremyn

Prospect
Prospect

Thanks for doing this Dash. Kinda weird how EA is locking everything giving info out.

Anyways, I had a small request. How is Create A Pro this year? Are there more options for faces to choose from?

Can you post a few screens?

Also, is BAP any different from last year?

43EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:38 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Hey, I am just playing a Mem Cup game right now, but I will take some photos of CAP after. No changes though, all the same as last year.

Haven't played BAP yet, will take a photo of that too.

44EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:40 pm

jeremyn

Prospect
Prospect

Dash wrote:Hey, I am just playing a Mem Cup game right now, but I will take some photos of CAP after. No changes though, all the same as last year.

Haven't played BAP yet, will take a photo of that too.

Boo, kinda figured that though. Thanks for the answer and thanks in advance for the photos.

45EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Off on a tangent here, but what can anyone say about Slapshot (pushed by Gretzky)? I'm *very* surprised that they are pushing a Wii game for the same price (which is substantial in itself) as NHL-10 for the PS3 and X-Box. There's just no comparing the two platforms and the price of the games used to reflect that.

What's up with this particular game? Is it hype, hope or is it really that good?

46EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Henderson33

Henderson33
Prospect
Prospect

Dash wrote:P.S. Scott Glennie is a 71 OVR, potential B,B,B-

Thats surprising to me. I thought he would be a sixty something especially after seeing Wandell only having a 69.

What was his speed? I hear that's his biggest/best quality.

47EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Off on a tangent here, but what can anyone say about Slapshot (pushed by Gretzky)? I'm *very* surprised that they are pushing a Wii game for the same price (which is substantial in itself) as NHL-10 for the PS3 and X-Box. There's just no comparing the two platforms and the price of the games used to reflect that.

What's up with this particular game? Is it hype, hope or is it really that good?

To me, only from having seen screenshots and video, it looks cartoony. It's definitely a family game due to it's ease and pick up and play ability, whereas NHL 11 is a more difficult and advanced control to learn. It's mroe simulation whereas Slapshot is arcade.

Price is likely due to licensing for Gretzky. Costs $$$ to have a guy like that as your franchise.

48EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: EA NHL 2011 Discussion thread Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:10 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Off on a tangent here, but what can anyone say about Slapshot (pushed by Gretzky)? I'm *very* surprised that they are pushing a Wii game for the same price (which is substantial in itself) as NHL-10 for the PS3 and X-Box. There's just no comparing the two platforms and the price of the games used to reflect that.

You get the new "hockey-stick" controller which adds to the price. I think the game on it's own is a bit cheaper.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum