GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years

+17
Amnesia021
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
cash
PTFlea
CockRoche
Hoags
dennycrane
rooneypoo
smash88
asq2
Riprock
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Where will Kovalchuk end up?

DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 7 Vote_lcap250%DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 2 ]
DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 7 Vote_lcap225%DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 25% [ 1 ]
DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 7 Vote_lcap20%DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 7 Vote_lcap20%DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 7 Vote_lcap225%DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
Are you saying the Isles wouldn't be better off if diPietro's contract disappeared and they spent that money on a real goalie who can actually play a full season ? (Same with Yashin's buyout).

If they were a team that spent to the limit they'd be SOL.

If things pan out the way they're praying they will, they'll be spending to the ceiling soon. Then those two contracts will hurt them pretty bad. That's the reality that they're facing for sure.

what I don't get is how Lou offered the minimum contract on years 15-17.. ya that's the minimum contract now but the league min by then will likely be 1M or so... makes sense to me that NJ can't win this case..

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 7 SeriousCat-758888

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DirtyDave wrote:what I don't get is how Lou offered the minimum contract on years 15-17.. ya that's the minimum contract now but the league min by then will likely be 1M or so... makes sense to me that NJ can't win this case..
Is there any stipulation in the CBA about allowing for the future minimum? If not... then NJ wins.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kovalchuk decision to come by end of next week. Arbitrator has been agreed to... so the process begins.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/07/30/kovalchuk_arbitrator/

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NHLSourcesSay reporting a possible arbitration ruling leak -- contract to be re-instated.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:NHLSourcesSay reporting a possible arbitration ruling leak -- contract to be re-instated.
This should be interesting.

Mind you, he's got a 50/50 chance of being right. Ha ha!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:NHLSourcesSay reporting a possible arbitration ruling leak -- contract to be re-instated.
This should be interesting.

Mind you, he's got a 50/50 chance of being right. Ha ha!

With odds like those Ek should all over this like blue on a smurf.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Kovalchuk contract re-instated. Let's see how many years he actually plays.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:Kovalchuk contract re-instated. Let's see how many years he actually plays.

So it's been approved?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NHLSourcesSay basically tweeted (3 hours ago) that the rumor passed to him yesterday is true. Haven't seen it at any online source yet, though.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Can confirm from many Twitter sources, that the arbitrator has ruled in favour of the NHL. As a result, Kovalchuk is once again a free agent.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Can confirm from many Twitter sources, that the arbitrator has ruled in favour of the NHL. As a result, Kovalchuk is once again a free agent.

Oh my God. This is huge.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It is 100% confirmed.

Devils will either have to re-work the contract, which would once again have to be approved, or Kovalchuk can look elsewhere.

It should actually come as no surprise that the NHL won this - they would do anything to win. They can't have anyone undermining them. Just look at the Balsillie court battle.

So if Kovy decides to look elsewhere, then you know there was something peculiar going on in NJ.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:NHLSourcesSay basically tweeted (3 hours ago) that the rumor passed to him yesterday is true. Haven't seen it at any online source yet, though.

That guy's got some egg on his face today. Laughing3

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

kovalchuk to LA! BOOK IT

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If the figure gets up to near 7 million a year X 15 years, it ceases to be a bargain and begins to look a little like market value - with a WHOLE bunch of term in there.

I like this, because I hate the Devils. Smile

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I always thought the real reason this was an issue was that Kovalchuk is Russian, and there was a fear of bolting to the KHL once the first 11 years were up. If this had been Mike Richards or Sidney Crosby signing this kind of deal, do you really think it would have been appealed?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum