GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years

+17
Amnesia021
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
cash
PTFlea
CockRoche
Hoags
dennycrane
rooneypoo
smash88
asq2
Riprock
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Where will Kovalchuk end up?

DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 8 Vote_lcap250%DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 2 ]
DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 8 Vote_lcap225%DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 25% [ 1 ]
DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 8 Vote_lcap20%DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 8 Vote_lcap20%DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 8 Vote_lcap225%DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

kovalchuk to LA! BOOK IT

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If the figure gets up to near 7 million a year X 15 years, it ceases to be a bargain and begins to look a little like market value - with a WHOLE bunch of term in there.

I like this, because I hate the Devils. Smile

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

I always thought the real reason this was an issue was that Kovalchuk is Russian, and there was a fear of bolting to the KHL once the first 11 years were up. If this had been Mike Richards or Sidney Crosby signing this kind of deal, do you really think it would have been appealed?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:I always thought the real reason this was an issue was that Kovalchuk is Russian, and there was a fear of bolting to the KHL once the first 11 years were up. If this had been Mike Richards or Sidney Crosby signing this kind of deal, do you really think it would have been appealed?

Breaking contract to leave for the KHL? The idea is there though, he takes off at 38 and signs for 5 million real dollars in the KHL. Hmmm. Thinking

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I am shocked.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Kovalchuk contract re-instated. Let's see how many years he actually plays.
Oops!

Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Back to the drawing board.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:Kovalchuk contract re-instated. Let's see how many years he actually plays.
Oops!

Sarcasm

It's not like he said E5 or anything.

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:
dennycrane wrote:I always thought the real reason this was an issue was that Kovalchuk is Russian, and there was a fear of bolting to the KHL once the first 11 years were up. If this had been Mike Richards or Sidney Crosby signing this kind of deal, do you really think it would have been appealed?

Breaking contract to leave for the KHL? The idea is there though, he takes off at 38 and signs for 5 million real dollars in the KHL. Hmmm. DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 8 663118

I wouldn't be at all shocked if Ilya signs with the KHL THIS week.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

BigRig wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Breaking contract to leave for the KHL? The idea is there though, he takes off at 38 and signs for 5 million real dollars in the KHL. Hmmm. DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 8 663118

I wouldn't be at all shocked if Ilya signs with the KHL THIS week.

Go for it Ilya.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

At least there's something interesting to talk about in this dead time. The can of worms has been opened. DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 8 805406 DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 8 235689

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

We should add a poll to see where everyone thinks he will end up.

I personally think he'll end up somewhere not named Jersey. DEAL VOIDED BY ARBITRATOR! Kovalchuk re-signs in Jersey: $102M over 17 years - Page 8 159628

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

POLL added.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I am NO fan of Kovalchuk's, but what he brings to the table is EXACTLY what Ottawa needs.

Too bad it isn't a year from now and Leclaire and Kovalev were off the books...

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I am NO fan of Kovalchuk's, but what he brings to the table is EXACTLY what Ottawa needs.

Too bad it isn't a year from now and Leclaire and Kovalev were off the books...

++++1 That's who we need. Take us over the top, especially with Alfie coming towards the end of his career, this is the guy we need to play with Spezza. Man...to dream.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Toronto? Is that a possibility?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:Toronto? Is that a possibility?
No, he's not truculent enough.

Wink

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

2nd deal rejected?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=331620

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum: