GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup

+13
stempniaksen
wprager
PKC
shabbs
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
asq2
Ev
SensHulk
SensGirl11
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

91Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 7 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:46 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:What does Lehner fill up on meatballs during the season or something? I guess there's not much to do in Sault Ste Marie besides going to restaurants.

I think he's trying to duplicate Brodeur's success in the product spokesmanship arena.

92Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 7 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:52 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

111519 wrote:would people be alright with trading campoli and kelly to chicago for Sharp?
The salary is about a wash but chicago gets two bodies back(which they need) that are NHL players and we get a top 6 guy.

I wouldn't mind it too much if it were possible. But many other teams can match up a deal similar to that with the same money at stake.

93Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 7 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:33 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

111519 wrote:would people be alright with trading campoli and kelly to chicago for Sharp?
The salary is about a wash but chicago gets two bodies back(which they need) that are NHL players and we get a top 6 guy.

Think of Sharp having similar value to say...Milan Michalek. Yes, he's older, doesn't have quite the explosive speed Milan has, but as a player and a leader, he's worth as much or more than Michalek is.

Now reverse things, would you take Troy Brouwer and Brent Sopel for Milan Michalek?

If you answered 'no', you have Chicago's answer to that proposal.

94Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 7 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

here's to some more FingersCrossed on the savard front
from SC:
A Quick Update
It's been a slow afternoon but I have asked around about a couple of players this afternoon. Paul Kariya and Marc Savard.

Spoke with one contact earlier this morning that suggested Paul Kariya is definitely a long shot. While Kariya would fit the Sens need on left wing he doesn't fit into their cap situation at this point.

Similar issue when it comes to Marc Savard.

Ottawa definitely has an interest but will have a hard time making a move unless the Bruins take some money back in the deal. Boston doesn't want to do that. As much as it looks like the Bruins have to deal the centre, they won't give him away.
The deal has to be perfect, especially if they are going to move him to a division rival. So while the Senators do have an interest, the cap situation of both teams is making a deal between the Sens and Bruins quite difficult.

And lastly, I spoke with someone the other day who suggested the city of Ottawa is the favourite to host the NHL All Star Game in 2012. This has been rumoured for awhile now but it`s nice to see Ottawa getting serious consideration.
i still think there has to be a solution here.

95Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 7 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:50 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

how come there has been no word on how kuba and kovalev are doing? are either going to be ready to play on opening night?

96Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 7 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

111519 wrote:how come there has been no word on how kuba and kovalev are doing? are either going to be ready to play on opening night?

That's a long way away. 2 months from now? Michalek, Kuba, Kovalev, Alfie, Campoli - all have had somewhat major surgery, but I think they'll all be good to go come opening day.

97Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 7 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
111519 wrote:how come there has been no word on how kuba and kovalev are doing? are either going to be ready to play on opening night?

That's a long way away. 2 months from now? Michalek, Kuba, Kovalev, Alfie, Campoli - all have had somewhat major surgery, but I think they'll all be good to go come opening day.

I've seen nothing on Kuba, but he had surgery, versus the waiting it out approach they tried last season; I expect him to be good and ready.

Kovalev had his surgery around the last week of April, I think, so with a 3-4 month recovery time he should be back on the ice by the end of this month --- plenty of time to get in shape for October. Last time he had ACL he was back on the ice in 3 months, I think. Of course that was a few years back. I've heard/seen nothing on Michalek.

98Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 7 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:09 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

ALl of those guys are in either RUssia or Czech Republic, so nobody really knows.

99Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 7 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:17 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, here's our opening night roster... with Kuba on the IR and Hale brought up to fill-in.

Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 7 Sens

We'll see where Folingo/Regin end up when the puck drops...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum