GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup

+13
stempniaksen
wprager
PKC
shabbs
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
asq2
Ev
SensHulk
SensGirl11
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

16Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:36 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not happening. St.Louis has zero need for Kuba or Smith. They're definitely not trading away another forward prospect - especially for that.

17Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:37 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They wouldn't trade Berglund for Kuba and Smith. Berglund has a ton of potential.

18Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Regin-Spezza-Kovalev
Michalek-Fisher-Alfredsson
Wick-Kelly-Butler
Ruutu-Smith-Neil
Winnie

Phillips-Karlsson
Cowen-Gonchar
Kuba-Campoli
Carkner

Leclaire
Elliott

- Foligno (difficulties re-signing), Shannon, and Lee all get traded; ideally for picks and prospects.
- Smith cracks the lineup and they attempt to mould him into Kelly
- Kelly gets a chance to center a young, balanced scoring/shutdown line
- Wick and Butler both make it; Butler plays in top-six by year's end
- Cowen makes it; plays a stay-at-home role with Gonchar
- Carkner takes Campoli out in tougher games / plays while Kuba is inured (which is bound to happen)
- Winnie 13th man; puts pressure on Smith, Butler, and Wick

19Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:43 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:Not happening. St.Louis has zero need for Kuba or Smith. They're definitely not trading away another forward prospect - especially for that.

I disagree, when you have Carlo Colaiacovo as a top 4 defencemen somethings wrong., A guy like Kuba brings some balance to play with Pietriangelo. Then throw in Smith and/or Shannon. Thats not exactly crap we are offering for Berglund who has 5 other centres ahead of him on the depth chart....

20Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:47 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Most of St. Louis' centres can also play the wing. Oshie can play LW, Backes can play RW, McDonald plays LW a lot, and even Berglund can play the wing.

I think their defence is ok. EJ, Brewer, Jackman, Polak, Colaiacovo, Pietrangelo is decent.

21Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:49 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

Big Ev wrote:They wouldn't trade Berglund for Kuba and Smith. Berglund has a ton of potential.

so does tarasenko

now add kuba, smith and if you like shannon.

sounds about right for berglund.

22Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:50 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

111519 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Not happening. St.Louis has zero need for Kuba or Smith. They're definitely not trading away another forward prospect - especially for that.

I disagree, when you have Carlo Colaiacovo as a top 4 defencemen somethings wrong., A guy like Kuba brings some balance to play with Pietriangelo. Then throw in Smith and/or Shannon. Thats not exactly crap we are offering for Berglund who has 5 other centres ahead of him on the depth chart....

Smith and Shannon have no trade value at all.

23Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:52 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

asq2 wrote:
111519 wrote:

Smith and Shannon have no trade value at all.

c'mon, smith and shannon with Kuba is a decent package

if not St Louis isin't there a team that would give us a younger roster player preferably a centre????

Kuba alone should get you that

24Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:06 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

111519 wrote:c'mon, smith and shannon with Kuba is a decent package

if not St Louis isin't there a team that would give us a younger roster player preferably a centre????

Shannon is 27, 5'9" and had 16 points last season while being -12. He's not exactly making up for the lack of production with gritty or defensive play. Smith's upside is to be a good third line player. No team is going to give up a player with as serious potential as Berglund has just because you threw those two in as "sweeteners" to a Kuba package. Recall that St. Louis gained Tarasenko and Schwartz at the draft, but also lost Eller in the Halak deal.

I don't see any deal to be made. You're asking a team to take Kuba's salary and not send any significant money back. The teams that can do that (like, say, the New York Islanders) probably shouldn't be parting with young roster players with upside.

I'm very content with a Kuba-Karlsson second pairing. Karlsson was playing very well alongside Kuba in early 2010.

25Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The more time that goes by, the more I think Foligno might be a really solid piece for us. We talked about trading him for a D-man, but we got one on the open market. We talked about getting a sniper for him, but no one's trading snipers.

I think when the dust settles, NOT trading Foligno might end up being the best move possible.

26Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

111519 wrote:

They have to indoctrinate their own players in there.

Brewer - Johnson
Polak - Pieterangelo
Jackman - Colaiacavo

Ian Cole waiting in the wings.

No chance they have room for Kuba. And even if they did, it would have to be Boyes for Kuba - and I can't re-iterate enough that there's little to no chance of that happening. Who goes from their 7 D-men who are all penciled in/waiting?

There's more too. Junland, Berglund, Fairchild. Eventually these guys need to sink or swim in the organization.

27Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:41 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:The more time that goes by, the more I think Foligno might be a really solid piece for us. We talked about trading him for a D-man, but we got one on the open market. We talked about getting a sniper for him, but no one's trading snipers.

I think when the dust settles, NOT trading Foligno might end up being the best move possible.

I've been saying this forever. We have one of the worst forward prospect groups in the NHL. Foligno scored 17 goals two seasons ago and is two years younger than Regin. He works hard, he's got an excellent frame and we've seen glimpses of a pretty high skill level. I don't want to deal him now when his value is as low as it is.

28Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:42 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I like Folingo and want him to stick around. I think Ruutu would be more expendable, no?

29Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:The more time that goes by, the more I think Foligno might be a really solid piece for us. We talked about trading him for a D-man, but we got one on the open market. We talked about getting a sniper for him, but no one's trading snipers.

I've been saying this forever. We have one of the worst forward prospect groups in the NHL. Foligno scored 17 goals two seasons ago and is two years younger than Regin. He works hard, he's got an excellent frame and we've seen glimpses of a pretty high skill level. I don't want to deal him now when his value is as low as it is.

Although, there did seem to be some means to trading Foligno earlier in the off-season (BG - Before Gonchar). Now the next step would be a sniper, but I agree, I'd like to see what Foligno can bring to the third line - or move up if necessary.

30Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:25 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:Yeah, I like Folingo and want him to stick around. I think Ruutu would be more expendable, no?
no.

ruutu is a big part of our PK. he was awesome for us last year.

31Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:39 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ruutu might go on trade deadline, but it depends on a loooot of things.

32Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:12 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think Ruutu is going anywhere. But I'd much sooner part with him than Foligno. Z. Smith can take Ruutu's job if worst comes to worst.

33Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators 10/11 projected lineup Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:09 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i don't know why ruutu is so underappreciated on this board. seriously the guy has done wonders for our PK or just defending on the 5 on 5. he came in as an agitator and has carved himself a good place in our defencive system. he plays the way CC wants him to plus he just had a career year. you wan't to trade him? let's give em an extention(well maybe with a discount Sarcasm )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum