GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency!

+30
Number Twenty Nine
sandysensfan
spader
NEELY
22_4_ever
tim1_2
Straight Shooter
Amnesia021
Cap'n Clutch
asq2
ddt
Hoags
beerandsens
SensGirl11
SDH89
LeCaptain
Hockeyhero22000
M_Christopher
sens4win
Riprock
SensFan71
wprager
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Ev
dennycrane
SensHulk
rooneypoo
PTFlea
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 67]

271FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 19 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:16 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I *think* SpezD meant to say "...we're *not* talking about the Rangers". As in, yes, it's New York, but it's not Manhattan.

No wait, that might have been too cryptic.

I thought the Islanders were out, I thought the Kings were out, so I thought it was the Rangers he was going to. Someone said he was in NY right now...some rumour guy - can't recall who, Dreger I think.

272FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 19 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:21 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't have a problem with him waiting to see where he wants to go, it's a big decision for him and his agent.

The Devils have the inside track on signing him, $60 million for 7 years.

273FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 19 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:24 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:I don't have a problem with him waiting to see where he wants to go, it's a big decision for him and his agent.

NJ doesn't have much cap left after A-train, they'd have to ship someone out.

NY Post is saying he'll stay with the Devils:

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/nhlblog/kovalchuk_expected_to_sign_with_6bXr165ziolHuq8eWQQKLO

With Ilya Kovalchuk's agent breaking silence to promise a decision today, it appears the Devils have the inside track on re-signing him to what one source suggests will be a seven-year, $60 million package.

274FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 19 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=20

OMG, look at the Devils' team and tell me again why they'll make the playoffs?

Parise and Brodeur? Yeah, I guess, but wow, what an uninspiring lineup.

Thanks again Murray for shaping Ottawa so quickly into a competitive one (and a FUN one!

275FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 19 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:I don't have a problem with him waiting to see where he wants to go, it's a big decision for him and his agent.

Yeah, he's staying there says a few insiders. All of a sudden they can't get his agent Grossman on the phone, so they think the deal is being finalized. Cuss. Go West!

276FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 19 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Devils' D is so boring I think I shat my pants reading through it. Who gets Kovalchuk the puck? Volchenkov (hahah).

277FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 19 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:55 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:How can he resist the allure of NY City? Although, to be fair, we're talking about the Rangers.

I thought it was NYI?

I think the Isles are out.

Anyone else getting a little tired of reading about this twit and his 'decisions'.

What I find really interesting is how much of a market there is NOT for this guy. Back in January, I would have thought that half the league would be throwing itself at him. Right now, however, he appears close to toxic.

278FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 19 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:05 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:How can he resist the allure of NY City? Although, to be fair, we're talking about the Rangers.

I thought it was NYI?

I think the Isles are out.

Anyone else getting a little tired of reading about this twit and his 'decisions'.

What I find really interesting is how much of a market there is NOT for this guy. Back in January, I would have thought that half the league would be throwing itself at him. Right now, however, he appears close to toxic.

Most teams don't have the cap space to take on such a contract. He's not a proven winner and didn't exactly help NJ last year either.

NJ has to sign or they look pretty stupid after all they gave up for him last year.

279FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 19 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:08 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

its probably another case of thinking he'd get waay more money through free agency than he was offered back in February by the thrashers. He's getting nowhere near that money now. nice job shooting himself in the foot.

280FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 19 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:11 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:its probably another case of thinking he'd get waay more money through free agency than he was offered back in February by the thrashers. He's getting nowhere near that money now. nice job shooting himself in the foot.

He didn't want to stay in Atlanta, I don't think it's about the money he wants to play for a contender (which the Thrashers are not).

281FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 19 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:12 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
Michallica wrote:its probably another case of thinking he'd get waay more money through free agency than he was offered back in February by the thrashers. He's getting nowhere near that money now. nice job shooting himself in the foot.

He didn't want to stay in Atlanta, I don't think it's about the money he wants to play for a contender (which the Thrashers are not).

Then why's he signing in New Jersey? FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 19 159628

282FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 19 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:15 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Then why's he signing in New Jersey? FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 19 159628

Well New Jersey > Atlanta and they won their division last season. I guess he doesn't have much faith in LA or the Islanders who are still up and comers.

283FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 19 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If he had just stayed in Atlanta, they'd be a playoff team next year. But no, he has to leave, he can't take a 100 million dollar contract. Whatever...

284FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 19 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:23 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Well New Jersey > Atlanta and they won their division last season. I guess he doesn't have much faith in LA or the Islanders who are still up and comers.

It doesn't take a genius to see that Atlanata was on the rise. He could have been part of the culture there, but he decided to move on precisely because he thought he could get more money on the market. Seriously come on....fine he doesn't want to stay in Atlanta. Why didn't he sign in L.A.? Is it cuz NJ is offering more money? I think so. everyone knows he would have waaay more points playing in L.A. then New Jersey.

Now I'm sure he views New Jersey as a good team as well and it represents a chance at playoffs every year. But LA >> New Jersey

285FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 19 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:25 pm

No one wants to be in Atlanta, NO ONE.

286FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 19 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:27 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:No one wants to be in Atlanta, NO ONE.

Not even Ted Turner?

287FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 19 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:31 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What about your buddy Ben Eager, does he want to be there?

288FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 19 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:45 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:What about your buddy Ben Eager, does he want to be there?

Haha, good point. Atlanta... Hot weather, team starving to pay people to play there, being able to walk around in public and not worry about fans harassing you as they would in some cities... what else do you want?

I don't know about you, but if an NHL team wanted to not only pay me to play in their city, but were counting on me to be a star (like in Edmonton) I would play there proudly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum