GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canucks name Luongo captain?

+5
Mosky
shabbs
smash88
PTFlea
Riprock
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Canucks name Luongo captain? - Page 3 Empty Re: Canucks name Luongo captain? Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:37 am

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

To add to the above - he should have had a decent feel for the players, given his prior role, and he would have known how they value themselves, and what their insecurities were. He should have been able to play the FA market as well as anyone.

32Canucks name Luongo captain? - Page 3 Empty Re: Canucks name Luongo captain? Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:38 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Acrobat wrote:Agreed, but when Gillis decided to sit on a $10M space in the cap, waiting for Sundin, he basically was saying "we don't need any other forwards".

I'm thinking a better idea would have been to go out and get a few $3-4M players, and then fill the rest of the spots with plugs (and buyouts, which I think most people could see coming, at least from Anaheim and TB)

Yes indeed.

33Canucks name Luongo captain? - Page 3 Empty Re: Canucks name Luongo captain? Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:06 am

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
Acrobat wrote:Agreed, but when Gillis decided to sit on a $10M space in the cap, waiting for Sundin, he basically was saying "we don't need any other forwards".

I'm thinking a better idea would have been to go out and get a few $3-4M players, and then fill the rest of the spots with plugs (and buyouts, which I think most people could see coming, at least from Anaheim and TB)

Yes indeed.

Is that 10 million dollar offer still on the table??

34Canucks name Luongo captain? - Page 3 Empty Re: Canucks name Luongo captain? Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:49 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I don't think Mitchell will wear a fake C on his jersey. I think he'll wear an A along with two others. He will be in charge of speaking to the officials. Luongo is not allowed to come out of his crease.

Really though, if he is first to get on the ice and the last to leave, day in day out, shows an amazing work ethic, why not make him captain? Our captain shows all the same attributes, just he's a forward, that's all.

I realize that it's just the preseason, but Van is 6-0. Team defence is really being enforced and practiced. Scoring might be a bit of a problem, but if they are limiting opposing teams to a goal or two a game, I think Vancouver will suprise a lot of people. Luongo might just be inspired to sign a longer deal with the Canucks.

Of course, Vancouver could tank, I'll be an idiot, and Bob's your uncle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum