GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canucks name Luongo captain?

+5
Mosky
shabbs
smash88
PTFlea
Riprock
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Canucks name Luongo captain? Empty Canucks name Luongo Captain Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:41 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Announced during Press Conference

Wow....

2Canucks name Luongo captain? Empty Canucks name Luongo captain? Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thread.php?thread_id=54483&forum_id=1

I'll look around and see if there's confirmation. Dumbest thing I've ever heard!!

3Canucks name Luongo captain? Empty Re: Canucks name Luongo captain? Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:42 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Luongo captain??

I thought goalies weren't allowed to be captain? Since they aren't allowed to leave their crease to talk to the ref....

4Canucks name Luongo captain? Empty Re: Canucks name Luongo captain? Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:43 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Apparently they changed the rule.

5Canucks name Luongo captain? Empty Re: Canucks name Luongo captain? Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:43 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thread.php?thread_id=54483&forum_id=1

I'll look around and see if there's confirmation. Dumbest thing I've ever heard!!

This is hilarious! What the heck is going on in nuck land??

6Canucks name Luongo captain? Empty Re: Canucks name Luongo captain? Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:44 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:Apparently they changed the rule.

LOL... This is just too good, man i'm going to have fun tonight with my Canuck friends.. :lol!:

7Canucks name Luongo captain? Empty Re: Canucks name Luongo captain? Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Vancouver Canucks have a new captain and his name is... Roberto Luongo. By league rule, the Canucks goaltender cannot wear the 'C', but he can be named captain. Defenceman Willie Mitchell will be designated as the person who will deal with officials on a nightly basis. - TSN

I'm sorry, I just don't understand the point of this. What's happened to the Canucks?

8Canucks name Luongo captain? Empty Re: Canucks name Luongo captain? Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:53 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah there's no point... and how does Mitchell feel? "You can wear the 'C' but you aren't really the captain". Unless Lou is wearing a letter "C" and it isn't a Canucks logo, why do this? Publicity?

9Canucks name Luongo captain? Empty Re: Canucks name Luongo captain? Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:Yeah there's no point... and how does Mitchell feel? "You can wear the 'C' but you aren't really the captain". Unless Lou is wearing a letter "C" and it isn't a Canucks logo, why do this? Publicity?

Because they're mentally challenged.

10Canucks name Luongo captain? Empty Re: Canucks name Luongo captain? Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:02 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:The Vancouver Canucks have a new captain and his name is... Roberto Luongo. By league rule, the Canucks goaltender cannot wear the 'C', but he can be named captain. Defenceman Willie Mitchell will be designated as the person who will deal with officials on a nightly basis. - TSN

I'm sorry, I just don't understand the point of this. What's happened to the Canucks?

This is so stupid... LOL

Why go through all the trouble??

11Canucks name Luongo captain? Empty Re: Canucks name Luongo captain? Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:05 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Do you think the NHL should allow goalies to wear a "C"?

12Canucks name Luongo captain? Empty Re: Canucks name Luongo captain? Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:10 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:Do you think the NHL should allow goalies to wear a "C"?

nah I wouldn't think so... It's a time wasting thing IMO.... The goalie would have to skate to the bench talk to the coach, skate to the ref, talk to the ref, go back to the bench, talk to the coach, go back to the crease... just unnecessary IMO

13Canucks name Luongo captain? Empty Re: Canucks name Luongo captain? Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:17 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Good points. Then this makes no sense at all... Rolling Eyes

14Canucks name Luongo captain? Empty Re: Canucks name Luongo captain? Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:22 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:Good points. Then this makes no sense at all... Rolling Eyes

Yeah the Canucks are way out on this one... I've never heard of an NHL team doing something like this, it makes them out to look like such a joke..

15Canucks name Luongo captain? Empty Re: Canucks name Luongo captain? Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:41 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They're allowed to be Captain, but not allowed to wear the "C". Someone will be appointed to deal with the refs during the game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum