GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Apparently there REALLY is no "SWITCH"

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Apparently there REALLY is no "SWITCH" Empty Apparently there REALLY is no "SWITCH" Fri May 14, 2010 8:42 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We hear this all the time but, many people chose to ignore the thought that, despite the Finals appearance in 08 and the Cup in 09, the Penguins didn't have a "switch" that they could turn on and become the Cup Champs again.

In round 1 they faced a banged up Ottawa team that only figured out a somewhat effective game plan vs. the Pens at the game 5 mark of the series. Another key to a Pens victory in that series was Ottawa's goal-tending was even worse than Pittsburgh.

Even still people were saying MAF is money, he doesn't need a 900 or higher save percentage. He'll step up when he's needed. Don't worry about the Pens they're doing what they need to do to win like real champions. Just look at Crosby he's unstoppable. What we saw in that Montreal series was, with a proper game plan, the Pens and even Crosby were quite stoppable. Sure Halak was phenomenal at times but he didn't single handedly win this series. Absolutely it could be argued he did so vs. the Caps of course.

Have a read of this. It's a pretty good take on what happened to the Pens.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/05/13/penguins_wrapup/

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What if there really was a "switch"?

History will be made.

Just goes to show you how much bull$hit comes out of the media year after year. They throw things out there like "switch" and "money" and people buy it.

It's a lot easier than thinking for yourself, I guess.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:What if there really was a "switch"?

History will be made.

Just goes to show you how much bull$hit comes out of the media year after year. They throw things out there like "switch" and "money" and people buy it.

The thing is the media talks out of both sides of it's mouth suggesting there is no switch and then saying you have to give the edge to the Cup champs due to experience.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:What if there really was a "switch"?

History will be made.

The thing is the media talks out of both sides of it's mouth suggesting there is no switch and then saying you have to give the edge to the Cup champs due to experience.

Right. And people have short-term memories and just keep buying the contradictory drivel coming out of these idiots word holes.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Here in Pittsburgh for the Ottawa series, they were saying SWEEP on the radio. Then against Montreal, they said SWEEP again. After they lost the second game, they said SWEEP the next 3. We know the rest.

Now that they're out, they're not watching any more hockey. This is the mentality of a Pittsburgh fan.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Here in Pittsburgh for the Ottawa series, they were saying SWEEP on the radio. Then against Montreal, they said SWEEP again. After they lost the second game, they said SWEEP the next 3. We know the rest.

Now that they're out, they're not watching any more hockey. This is the mentality of a Pittsburgh fan.

You really can't blame them for that. I LOVE hockey, but I personally don't care what happens in the playoffs now that Ottawa is out. I care a lot more about whether or not Roman Wick is coming to North America.

7Apparently there REALLY is no "SWITCH" Empty Re: Apparently there REALLY is no "SWITCH" Fri May 14, 2010 10:00 am

Did Wick sign?

8Apparently there REALLY is no "SWITCH" Empty Re: Apparently there REALLY is no "SWITCH" Fri May 14, 2010 10:05 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:Here in Pittsburgh for the Ottawa series, they were saying SWEEP on the radio. Then against Montreal, they said SWEEP again. After they lost the second game, they said SWEEP the next 3. We know the rest.

You really can't blame them for that. I LOVE hockey, but I personally don't care what happens in the playoffs now that Ottawa is out. I care a lot more about whether or not Roman Wick is coming to North America.

You me and all the Candles in North America!! Ahhhhh! Ohnoes!

- Unknown Author

9Apparently there REALLY is no "SWITCH" Empty Re: Apparently there REALLY is no "SWITCH" Fri May 14, 2010 10:08 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

You me and all the Candles in North America!! Apparently there REALLY is no "SWITCH" 805406 Apparently there REALLY is no "SWITCH" 432129

I smell a feel-good Coca-Cola commercial! Apparently there REALLY is no "SWITCH" 235689 Apparently there REALLY is no "SWITCH" 805406

10Apparently there REALLY is no "SWITCH" Empty Re: Apparently there REALLY is no "SWITCH" Fri May 14, 2010 10:10 am

but did he sign?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum