GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament

+13
SeawaySensFan
SensGal
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
SDH89
rooneypoo
Phoenix30
PTFlea
LeCaptain
asq2
shabbs
Riprock
Hockeyhero22000
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

762010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 6 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 5:39 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:[

Haha, BS eh... yup, contributing to winning teams and winning a cup is BS. I would be shocked if you saw 5 games over the last 5 years where the Hurricanes played anyone but The Sens - would I be right?

The BS I was calling was you saying how stats don't matter. Yet every one here was quite impressed with Cullen leading the Sens in playoff scoring. You rely on stats all the time if it suits you to "prove" a point, yet you turn around and discount them so fast you must have worn out a hole in your carpet by now.

Yes, Cullen is a versatile player who can play top-six or 3rd line, wing or center, and even the point on the powerplay. And, yes, he's got a Cup ring. And I'll even agree that we need a player like him to help us get over that 1st round hump. But we can't afford what he is likely going to get.

I'd rather re-sign Sutton at this point, even though he played poorly in the playoffs.

772010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 6 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 5:39 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:

I want Brian Lee nowhere near this team.

Me neither to be honest, but we might have little choice.

782010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 6 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Lee could rebound easily - you want to talk about young, well he's young, if someone can grow it's him.

792010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 6 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 5:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Lee could rebound easily - you want to talk about young, well he's young, if someone can grow it's him.

Yep, he definitely could. I'll trust Murray on this one, he's a guy I would trade personally to make way for the young (by D-men standards) Michalek, but if worse came to worse, Lee can play on the 3rd pairing and Campoli can play on the 2nd pairing - or Gryba, or whatever we need to do.

802010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 6 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 5:51 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The line-ups I proposed were based on mixing an OFD and a DFD as well as having a LH and RH shot on each pairing.

812010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 6 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 5:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Apparently Brian Campbell plays both right and left D. 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 6 805406

822010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 6 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 6:08 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

yeah but unless he changes handedness it doesn't matter. lol

832010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 6 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 6:32 pm

Dash wrote:Lee could rebound easily - you want to talk about young, well he's young, if someone can grow it's him.

Rebound? From what? The guy hasnt done n e thing.

842010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 6 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 6:34 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Rebound from having a bad season. When he played in the last few games his first season, he was decent.

Back to the topic;

Ryan Smyth's tournament is over after fracturing his ankle during practice. He missed the game vs. Latvia.

852010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 6 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 6:39 pm

Dash wrote:Rebound from having a bad season. When he played in the last few games his first season, he was decent.

Back to the topic;

Ryan Smyth's tournament is over after fracturing his ankle during practice. He missed the game vs. Latvia.

He looked good on an absolutely brutal team. His first full year was awful, his second year was worse. Unless he somehow figures out he is actually a male and he might have to lift a weight to become NHL ready, he's going to look like a boy dispite being an albino.

Lee isnt an NHL D man.

862010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 6 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 6:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Rebound from having a bad season. When he played in the last few games his first season, he was decent.

Back to the topic;

Back off topic, Lee was also more than decent when called up his first time out. Not sure what happened after that, but if it involved a lack of effort in the off-season and training camp due to a sense of entitlement then I'd be very concerned. Although someone that young could certainly mature; I just prefer them to do it before they get their one-way.

872010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 6 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 6:45 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Ok, your feelings of Lee aside, you tell me what our defence would look like, cause if it involves a FA signing that's not a guarantee. My projected lines are all signed with the exception of Campoli, and he's restricted. Aside from Lee, your options are Cowen, Wiercioch and Gryba.

882010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 6 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 6:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:yeah but unless he changes handedness it doesn't matter. lol

Yeah, but he's like A-Train, he can play either side, I don't think many people realize that - I certainly didn't.

892010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 6 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 6:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:

Rebound? From what? The guy hasnt done n e thing.

Rebound from not accomplishing anything and actually carve out a place for himself in the NHL - much like his peers have all done by now?

902010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 6 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 6:49 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Yeah, but he's like A-Train, he can play either side, I don't think many people realize that - I certainly didn't.

Shouldn't be that hard - it's a comfort thing for sure, but it's not like it's going from C to W, or Forward to Defence. The major thing I look at is a RH shot on the right side has his stick on the inside, which is good protection in the defensive zone, and a RH shot on the left side in the offensive zone has inside position for a one-timer.

912010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 6 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 6:50 pm

Dash wrote:Ok, your feelings of Lee aside, you tell me what our defence would look like, cause if it involves a FA signing that's not a guarantee. My projected lines are all signed with the exception of Campoli, and he's restricted. Aside from Lee, your options are Cowen, Wiercioch and Gryba.

Without a UFA signing or trade

Gryba/Phillips
Karlsson/Kuba
Carkner/Weiroich, Cowen, Campoli

Murray is going to go out an get a D man, he has basically said as much and there are a few guys available both in the shutdown role and puckmover.

Lee isnt ahead of any of the guys I listed in the depth chart and the fact of the matter is they all bring something unique, Lee is just a guy who skates well, that's it. If he was playing next to Phillips in a shutdown role, The Sens would be dead.

922010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 6 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 6:51 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:

Having a guy beside Phillips that doesnt fumble the puck like an ugly child will also help The Sens. Campbell is absolutely a perfect peice for The Sens to take on.

932010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 6 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 6:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:

Having a guy beside Phillips that doesnt fumble the puck like an ugly child will also help The Sens. Campbell is absolutely a perfect peice for The Sens to take on.

Us, Columbus, there's a few teams that could use his puck moving ability for sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum