GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Of the bottom 5 teams who makes the biggest leap forward?

+12
SensGirl11
Devo
SensHulk
dennycrane
shabbs
Flo The Action
Ev
LeCaptain
PKC
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Colorado had a goaltender that got them there, same with Pheonix. Who do they have in Edmonton? Unless Bulin comes back at 100% health and plays like a Vezina candidate, they have no shot.

Both Anderson and Bryzgalov had career years, that's the difference. Both those teams actually have some vets that helped the team along. Jovonoski, Aucoin, Michalek, Lang in Pheonix, Foote, Liles, Tucker, and Hejduk in COlorado.

Who does Edmonton have? Hell, they are trying to move all their vets and get prospects and picks. That's a complete blowup in Edmonton. They cant be much worse though, so ya, they might be better, still a candidate for dead last though.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:Colorado had a goaltender that got them there, same with Pheonix. Who do they have in Edmonton? Unless Bulin comes back at 100% health and plays like a Vezina candidate, they have no shot.

Both Anderson and Bryzgalov had career years, that's the difference. Both those teams actually have some vets that helped the team along. Jovonoski, Aucoin, Michalek, Lang in Pheonix, Foote, Liles, Tucker, and Hejduk in COlorado.

Who does Edmonton have? Hell, they are trying to move all their vets and get prospects and picks. That's a complete blowup in Edmonton.

You don't have to have a Vezina goaltender to improve on your LAST PLACE position form last season. All I'm saying is they wil be better, I don't think they will finish last again. That rarely happens these days.

So no, maybe they don't have the biggest improvement out of the bottom 5 but they will be better. All I'm saying is you can't count a team out just by how they look on paper.

Big Ev wrote:
N4L wrote:Colorado had a goaltender that got them there, same with Pheonix. Who do they have in Edmonton? Unless Bulin comes back at 100% health and plays like a Vezina candidate, they have no shot.

Who does Edmonton have? Hell, they are trying to move all their vets and get prospects and picks. That's a complete blowup in Edmonton.

You don't have to have a Vezina goaltender to improve on your LAST PLACE position form last season. All I'm saying is they wil be better, I don't think they will finish last again. That rarely happens these days.

So no, maybe they don't have the biggest improvement out of the bottom 5 but they will be better. All I'm saying is you can't count a team out just by how they look on paper.

How do you think Chicago, Pitts, and Washington got to where they are? The only reason they might not finish last in The West or even in their division is because Minny is God awful too.

You dont need a Vezina goaltender to improve your team, but Edmonton needs one to get a sniff of the playoffs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I lost a 24 or whatever it was on Toronto and this year they have no franchise player coming from the draft (which would have been so exciting for Toronto). I dunno, outside of Phaneuf, Beachemin, Kessel and Bozak, what do they have to show for it? Schenn is okay, I don't like Komisarek, Kadri is a question, Giguere might have lost it, Gustafsson is excellent but young.

Hard to say they're a lot better than last year. No Hagman hurts too. They're on the way to 10th next year as it stands, but a lot can change.

Damn Diddling right you lost a 24! In related news, I won one.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's Toskala's fault for crapping his loons everywhere.

Or the team just sucking... either one.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Or the team just sucking... either one.

Way to trade those first round picks. Teams kill each other to finish bottom of the league (Pittsburgh, Washington, Chicago) and Toronto found a way to Diddle that up too.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i sincerely hope toronto stay right where it is in the standings.(even if it means Boston gets another good pick) toronto fans will start screaming bloody murder.and an unhappy leafs fan means a happysens fan Laugh1

i think Longisland might make it to 9th or 10th position.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Damn Diddling right you lost a 24! In related news, I won one.

For your own integrity you should give it back. Considering you were tooting the Leafs horn for most of the season and had said on a few occasions that you thought they'd make a run for the playoffs. You said they were better than their record and then turn around and bet against everything you said.

Shame on you N4L Laughing3

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I think the Leafs will actually make the biggest improvement out of those teams... I think Burke will be pretty active this summer. I still don't expect them to make the post season though.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:I think the Leafs will actually make the biggest improvement out of those teams... I think Burke will be pretty active this summer. I still don't expect them to make the post season though.

I expect them to be in 9th place for years to come. Okay okay. I hope that happens. Seriously though they can be at the bottom of the league for a while too if they want to send us their first rounders. Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:I think the Leafs will actually make the biggest improvement out of those teams... I think Burke will be pretty active this summer. I still don't expect them to make the post season though.

I expect them to be in 9th place for years to come. Okay okay. I hope that happens. Seriously though they can be at the bottom of the league for a while too if they want to send us their first rounders. Sarcasm
I think we'll see them in the post season in a couple of years.

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

For your own integrity you should give it back. Considering you were tooting the Leafs horn for most of the season and had said on a few occasions that you thought they'd make a run for the playoffs. You said they were better than their record and then turn around and bet against everything you said.

Probably should but I never thought they would get out of the bottom 3 in the conferance, I just thought Ottawa was headed there in a big way right before Christmas, but thankfully Spezza got hurt and The Sens turned it around.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Probably should but I never thought they would get out of the bottom 3 in the conferance, I just thought Ottawa was headed there in a big way right before Christmas, but thankfully Spezza got hurt and The Sens turned it around.

I'm too lazy to look up the posts but I'm pretty sure you were talking about how they had gone through the tough part of their schedule already and they'd make a run but still miss the playoffs. It gave me the impression that you thought they'd definitely be top 10 in the East which is not bottom 3 at all. I could be wrong though and besides I don't really care I just find it funny that you hooked SpezD on that train of thought and then turned it around to win a 24. Brilliant. ThumbsUp

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I think we'll see them in the post season in a couple of years.

I guess they have to make it some time right?

- Unknown Author

Ya, I hussle. I made him that bet in Sept though.

Anyways, I thought The Sens were gonna come crashing down becayse of how they were playing and thought the way The Leafs were they were gonna pass The Sens.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Ya, I hussle. I made him that bet in Sept though.

Anyways, I thought The Sens were gonna come crashing down becayse of how they were playing and thought the way The Leafs were they were gonna pass The Sens.

In September I had the Leafs finishing 13th in the East. They did even worse than I expected. Good for them. Smile

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum